April 15th patch - Power theorycrafting

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I like it. Looks like is has pretty good durability. There won’t be much cover for poison being cleansed, but I guess with all the sources you can keep it up when the other guy is about to heal at the very least. Maybe keen edge would work better than malicious training with that in mind. Mighty swap also came to mind since you will be swapping pets on recharge.

Celestial is kind of weird, but I can see why you did it, it really does fit the build. I’m not so hot on runes of the scholar in WvW, especially as a melee fighter, but we’ll have to see what all the new runes do before you can decide.

Ascended celestial seems like a big investment, did you already make some?

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zuer.2814

Zuer.2814

Seems kind of cool, but do we know if they’re moving traits or reworking them along with the new GM traits next Tuesday?

Zuer
Maguuma
[AON]

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Pretty sure they are not moving any traits for rangers. The are for necros, and specifically called that out.

in Ranger

Posted by: Elrond.9486

Elrond.9486

I like it. Looks like is has pretty good durability. There won’t be much cover for poison being cleansed, but I guess with all the sources you can keep it up when the other guy is about to heal at the very least. Maybe keen edge would work better than malicious training with that in mind. Mighty swap also came to mind since you will be swapping pets on recharge.

Celestial is kind of weird, but I can see why you did it, it really does fit the build. I’m not so hot on runes of the scholar in WvW, especially as a melee fighter, but we’ll have to see what all the new runes do before you can decide.

Hey Fluffball I always see your quality posts, do you have an public builds/guides?

Zeus Thorsson – Guardian
Silver Moon [MOON]
The Toast

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Hey Fluffball I always see your quality posts, do you have an public builds/guides?

Well thanks! To answer your question, not really. I’m a hack, haha. I run the typical Brazil dungeon running build in PvE, with constant tweaks depending on the content. For example I think I used frost trap and S&R for the marionette, all sorts of different utilities for various dungeons and fractals, i.e. mainhand axe on switch for TA. For open world content I often take the SotH and flame trap just to speed things up.

In PvP, I am all over the place and have run all sorts of builds, but for serious time, I run a spirit ranger with Nature’s Voice (sun spirit, stone/storm spirit and guard.) I don’t love the build but it is ridiculously effective.

In WvW I run a berserker melee/longbow roamer based around CC, which is admittedly very difficult to play at first. I can link you to the build if it interests you.

in Ranger

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Pretty sure they are not moving any traits for rangers. The are for necros, and specifically called that out.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. I really hope there are more changes.

I think they showcased some Necro changes because they mostly concern Minors.

in Ranger

Posted by: Elrond.9486

Elrond.9486

Well thanks! To answer your question, not really. I’m a hack, haha. I run the typical Brazil dungeon running build in PvE, with constant tweaks depending on the content. For example I think I used frost trap and S&R for the marionette, all sorts of different utilities for various dungeons and fractals, i.e. mainhand axe on switch for TA. For open world content I often take the SotH and flame trap just to speed things up.

In PvP, I am all over the place and have run all sorts of builds, but for serious time, I run a spirit ranger with Nature’s Voice (sun spirit, stone/storm spirit and guard.) I don’t love the build but it is ridiculously effective.

In WvW I run a berserker melee/longbow roamer based around CC, which is admittedly very difficult to play at first. I can link you to the build if it interests you.

The WvW build would be great. I love longbow, roaming, and CC but am aware of the “noob traps” of the weapon. Would like to get better with it.

Zeus Thorsson – Guardian
Silver Moon [MOON]
The Toast

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I’ll send you a PM so it doesn’t clutter up the thread.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

According to the livestream, the poison from pet-swap is scaled to your own condition damage and not from the pet. However, I don’t know if malicious training will affect the duration, so I’ll probably switch it out if it doesn’t work. I also meant to use forest spider instead of jungle spider, the whole point of the build is to have a fair amount of direct damage and soft-cc while maintaining perma-poison.

I have the ascended celestial insignias ready Just have to craft those and I’ll only be missing the earrings.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

kiwituatara, i think the you read mine this is going to be the first type of build that i will test, with full celestial (seeing as it is getting in my view a buff) and maybe the grate sword trait instead of the regen trait.

the other to builds i was going to play with first up is 6/0/1/6/0 (i think this is how the traits will work) longbow great-sword, 0/0/1/6/6 proberly gs/sb and 0/4/0/6/4 gs/sb all with full celestial.

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

According to the livestream, the poison from pet-swap is scaled to your own condition damage and not from the pet. However, I don’t know if malicious training will affect the duration, so I’ll probably switch it out if it doesn’t work. I also meant to use forest spider instead of jungle spider, the whole point of the build is to have a fair amount of direct damage and soft-cc while maintaining perma-poison.

I have the ascended celestial insignias ready Just have to craft those and I’ll only be missing the earrings.

Wait what?! Well, that somewhat kills my toxic cat build and turns the Poison Master condition build from mediocre to really good. If malicious training somehow still applies, well, this is a hell of a sweet new mastery.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words