Are they mocking us?

Are they mocking us?

in Ranger

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

Like, seriously, 25% to spirits, so they have 125HP now instead of 100?

And that beneath a new Skill for ele, a freaking leap.

But of course changing some of our traits so they’re not totally useless even though it would just take tweaking some numbers is asked too much.

Just make them kittening invicinible already when traited and follow by default and maybe you’d actually see some rangers outside of bot areas again.

Do we seriously have to wait for months for SOMETHING to happen? By that time nobody will be left to play the game anyway.

Are they mocking us?

in Ranger

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Engineers have major issues, too. As well as Necromancers, I hear. I also see Warriors voicing concerns over ongoing problems with their class, same as Elementalists. Mesmers dread every update, as well… Not sure about Guardians and Thieves as I don’t really pay much attention to their boards, but I’m sure they’re in the same boat.

I think all of these problems with each class are just a symptom of a greater problem: ArenaNet is far, far too careful. They don’t want to touch anything for fear of toppling it all, even if the game’s already in a massive heap of debris, resting in the pits of Hell, specifically because of their inaction.

The class is always greener on the other side.

Are they mocking us?

in Ranger

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

They need to stop focusing on new content and just dedicate one month to strictly class balancing and bug fixing.

Are they mocking us?

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

Different teams, Bro.

Are they mocking us?

in Ranger

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

Different teams, Bro.

Yeah, there is only a total of 2 people working on Class Balances between all 8 professions. Words straight from a Dev’s mouth. :’[

Are they mocking us?

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

Different teams, Bro.

Yeah, there is only a total of 2 people working on Class Balances between all 8 professions. Words straight from a Dev’s mouth. :’[

They later elaborated on this and there is actually more than 2 people that work on class balance. It was something like 2 dedicated people a significant number of other people that help/consult for various areas of the game.

Those 2 people are more like the people ‘in charge’ of class balancing, as in the ‘bosses’ or the final decision makers.

Are they mocking us?

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

Their ‘final decisions’ are pretty bad. From what I have heard, they have managed to kill the Guardian’s spirit weapon build by making spirit weapons vulnerable to damage. Color me nonplussed. I’d wager they will kill the elementalist’s bunker build next to balance out the buff they got to that one bugged skill.

And before you know it, it’s our turn again.

Are they mocking us?

in Ranger

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

Different teams, Bro.

They later elaborated on this and there is actually more than 2 people that work on class balance. It was something like 2 dedicated people a significant number of other people that help/consult for various areas of the game.

Those 2 people are more like the people ‘in charge’ of class balancing, as in the ‘bosses’ or the final decision makers.

If this is true then they sure are not putting in much work on class balance over last month to go into this patch. If look at overall changes most of class work was 1 thing they fixed or added a sub routine to handle attacks/skills that have charges now being effected by blinds/dodges etc. So pretty much one change slapped onto most of the classes. I more believe the original statement of only two as for amount of changes it makes more sense that a team only doing this much.

Hell even a ton of tooltips are still bugged if have a team working on class balance think one person could spend 8 hour day fixing them.

Are they mocking us?

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Mocking us no, ignoring us mostly.

How many times are they going to “promise” balance and the real changes needed for Ranger, period?

There are many players who are only comfortable playing one “type” of character – ergo your strengths in the game come from your affinity for the mechanics and the “type” of person you are weilding.

Get it together devs, this isn’t what Ranger should be… with our pets we should be the character to be feared, not scorned and laughed at – and boy are we being laughed at by many.

Don’t say “you don’t know how to play” – buzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrong answer.

I am a rank 21 in spvp – my scores go from a pittance in most but up into the high 200s – I know what I am doing as a “support” character.

My pet rarely does what they are supposed to be doing – they don’t leap, they don’t jump, they don’t move a lot of the time. Without a viable and stable pet, the Ranger is toast very quickly.

It’s not our “game play style” it is the game not doing what it should be doing. I have screenshots galore but I have no idea how to do a video for nothing from the game to show how very many times this has happened – it’s insane to go through this week after painful week.

Why are the Devs telling us one thing and doing another?

pvE for Rangers is easy and fun – not all easy but far easier than most others at low level

pvp and wvw are just a joke… we can’t 1v1 90% of the time.

Makes me wonder who the beta testers were and why they had such an easy time from what I’ve read… what changed?

What was left out?

Why are we being treated like this?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Are they mocking us?

in Ranger

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

Makes me wonder who the beta testers were and why they had such an easy time from what I’ve read… what changed?

What was left out?

From what I recall, Spirits were viable and really strong, but they were nerfed to the ground before release.

Greatsword was also more viable and hit like a truck, but was nerfed to the ground before release.

Shortbow’s auto attack use to be faster, but was nerfed by 1 or 2 months after release

Longbow’s Rapid Fire use to go on CD as soon as you began channeling, thus the CD was up faster and you could Rapid Fire more often. This may have been an overall across-the-board change for everyone though.

Pet’s use to be rezzable. You use to not be dependent on their 1 minute swap timer.

There’s a lot more I don’t know about. I played more with my Guardian than I did a Ranger.

Are they mocking us?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Noone said that this was the final change in spirits.Its just a improvement towards the right direction..They admit that spirits die easily and they are trying to fix it little by little.I feel very good with this change not because it would make the spirit build viable but because we made a step closer to that…So lets help em with nice and constructive suggetions-posts

Are they mocking us?

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

What was left out?

From what I recall, Spirits were viable and really strong, but they were nerfed to the ground before release.

Greatsword was also more viable and hit like a truck, but was nerfed to the ground before release.

Shortbow’s auto attack use to be faster, but was nerfed by 1 or 2 months after release

Longbow’s Rapid Fire use to go on CD as soon as you began channeling, thus the CD was up faster and you could Rapid Fire more often. This may have been an overall across-the-board change for everyone though.

Pet’s use to be rezzable. You use to not be dependent on their 1 minute swap timer.

There’s a lot more I don’t know about. I played more with my Guardian than I did a Ranger.

Basically this. They nerfed Ranger into the ground during beta.

Spirit HP got halved (yes halved – so currently 4x (!!!) less health than the old traited versions) and they recieved internal cooldowns together with Runes and Sigils. Signet of the Beastmaster was also moved from Adapt to Grand Master level. So they destroyed Spirits and Signets themselves and then they called them lackluster a few months ago and still not much has changed except for the Signet of the Hunt which is now awesome.

In order for them to fix the class they have to REVERT the nerfs they did in Beta, but I think they are too proud to admit guilt on that.

I think there are changes coming, but I see they just keep making minor adjustments and not core changes which makes me not believe that anything will change.