Are traps being looked at by chance?

in Ranger

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

Just wondering if traps have been looked over by anets “balance team”. Is there any changes coming to traps to make them more viable in tpvp?

in Ranger

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

YUS Changes with patch:

Poison trap now a poison field (2 seconds)
TRAPS NOW VIABLE
./cry

in Ranger

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

Lol yea i thought somthing more was goin to come to traps other then that lame one

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

The devs have not said one single word that I know of about the ranger updates/CDI. The thread was locked and that was that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

That 2s poison field is too short to combo sword 2 through. It really is a huge joke change.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

That 2s poison field is too short to combo sword 2 through. It really is a huge joke change.

Not only that, finishers trigger on the oldest initiator. So if you want to utilize the poison field, you have to throw it down first/it needs to trigger first. Which makes combat a bit more clunky in the sense of having to think about which trap to throw first :/

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

I noticed it’s been too short to leap with sword two so I mostly sword 2 evade, drop it, if it triggers (if they get to me fast enough), I leap when I still can. I usually don’t bother unless I’m in a tight space.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Just wondering if traps have been looked over by anets “balance team”. Is there any changes coming to traps to make them more viable in tpvp?

More viable? They never stopped being viable, the meta just shifted to where trapper wasn’t as useful because it was weak vs condis…. but now the condi builds we were weak against are now no longer in the meta, so dust off your trapper builds and bunker down on that home point because it’s hunting season!!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Traps could use some non-traited radius increase. They’re too small now, especially chilling one.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

The only thing I think traps need is some trait compression. Cause face it, without traits, they’re not much of use.

Stormbluff Isle