Are we going to see a SotW/trait fix for CAF?

in Ranger

Posted by: aB EXT.1287

aB EXT.1287

So, is this on the radar? We’ve had no clarification as to why this issue exists, only speculation.

For those unaware – triggering SotW’s active ability causes you to be kicked out of CAF form, regardless of whether it is triggered by the Enlargement trait or done manually.

We can assume at this point that SotW’s active is also classed as a transformation and so it overwrites the CAF form (in the same way that Moa does). It is, however, possible to use SotW and then enter CAF. This means that it has to be classed as a bug and not ‘working as intended’.

This is a big problem for people trying to add some more stability to their druid builds. It’d be really great to get a dev response for this.

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I think it is intended, all classes that has a form of transformation (necro’s shroud and lich, warrior/eng berserker form, etc ) are removed if you get another transformation like mesmer/eng moa morph and in our case SotW enlargement.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

I think it is intended, all classes that has a form of transformation (necro’s shroud and lich, warrior/eng berserker form, etc ) are removed if you get another transformation like mesmer/eng moa morph and in our case SotW enlargement.

Probably. But Signet of the Wild shouldn’t be classified as a transformation skill in the first place. It’s just a regular signet with a visual transformation on its active effect.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Ranger

Belzebu.3912

Mechanically you do change visually and that change gives bonuses, it is a minor transformation but one nonetheless.

I also think it shouldn’t count, but currently it works as such.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Wish Enlargement trait would proc SoS instead anyway. Would be much more useful. Swap brutish seals with enlargement. Too bad mm is an offensive traitline.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

Mechanically you do change visually and that change gives bonuses, it is a minor transformation but one nonetheless.

Just like certain other signets give you a bonus over a period of time. Like I said, the transformation is purely visual. No one would consider this a transformation skill if it never had a visual effect to begin with.

in Ranger

Belzebu.3912

Just like certain other signets give you a bonus over a period of time.

The SotW active bonus is to give the enlargement transformation and the stability.
The enlargement transformation gives the 25% damage and 50% movement speed.

in Ranger

Posted by: lyriael.4375

lyriael.4375

I think too, that SotW doesn’t count as transformation and therefore should not break CAF.
The description of the Signet doesn’t use the wording transform, but instead grow larger. Also on the wiki page about transform tells you, that a transformation usually changes your skill set. That is true for being transformed into a moa or for shrowd of necro as well as our CAF but certainly not for SotW.

If the information of wiki and the skill description can be trusted, I think it is clear, that leaving CAF when useing SofW is a bug.

in Ranger

Belzebu.3912

Good call, I didn’t think about that part of transformation.
Yeah, looking that way, it seems like a bug.

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

The SotW active bonus is to give the enlargement transformation and the stability.

Wrong, its current functionality is just a visual. The skill doesn’t say transform at any point, and it doesn’t function like any other transform by locking out other skills and/or changing the skillbar. “Enlarged” is just another bonus effect, like Attack of Opportunity from Signet of the Hunt.

For the third time, it’s an entirely visual effect. Like I said, remove the visual effect, and no one would ever consider it a transform skill.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Wrong, it’s just a visual. The skill doesn’t say transform at any point, and it doesn’t function like any other transform by locking out other skills and/or changing the skillbar.

For the third time, it’s an entirely visual effect. Like I said, remove the visual effect, and no one would ever consider it a transform skill.

Keep in mind it used to prevent the Ranger from rezzing, stomping and interacting with objects while transformed. They have since fixed that bug but probably left the transformation code when they made that change.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

Wrong, it’s just a visual. The skill doesn’t say transform at any point, and it doesn’t function like any other transform by locking out other skills and/or changing the skillbar.

Keep in mind it used to prevent the Ranger from rezzing, stomping and interacting with objects while transformed. They have since fixed that bug but probably left the transformation code when they made that change.

Yeah, I know. Which is probably the reason why this “bug” with Celestial Avatar exist in the first place. Anet and messy coding isn’t exactly new.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

SotW is not a transformation.
… It’s a boost. It does not affect our abilities, weapon swaps or cooldowns and only affects damage and movement speed.

That has absolutely no connection to being a transformation skill.
By that merit, Glyph of Empowerment should be an AoE transformation, too, since it applies visual effect above affected allies’ heads and implies damage.

SotW kicking us out of CAF is a bug and needs to be addressed.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: aB EXT.1287

aB EXT.1287

Yeah, this was my thinking too until I found out that you could use SotW and then CAF and retain the bonuses from SotW.