What do you think?

Edit: 20% too much… 10% seems fair

(edited by Zatoichi.1049)

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

good idea, I like it.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

I think it would be too op with all the vulnerability we can have and the additional crit damage we can have its too much. Condition damage by passes armor but the damage is regulated Power damage isn’t and can easily scale to high.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I like this idea, but 20% is too much.

20% reduction means:
3000 armor becomes 2400 (-600 toughness)
2600 armor becomes 2080 (-520 toughness)
2200 armor becomes 1760 (-440 toughness)

I would suggest 5% reduction:
3000 armor becomes 2850 (-150 toughness)
2600 armor becomes 2470 (-130 toughness)
2200 armor becomes 2090 (-110 toughness)

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

Posted by: KevlarZero.6849

KevlarZero.6849

How about Hunter’s Mark: while the Ranger has a target marked with control+t, that target has the equivalent of 1 stack of vulnerability (but isn’t a condition that can be cleansed) and the target’s next stealth is reduced by 1 second.

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

I like this idea, but 20% is too much.

20% reduction means:
3000 armor becomes 2400 (-600 toughness)
2600 armor becomes 2080 (-520 toughness)
2200 armor becomes 1760 (-440 toughness)

I would suggest 5% reduction:
3000 armor becomes 2850 (-150 toughness)
2600 armor becomes 2470 (-130 toughness)
2200 armor becomes 2090 (-110 toughness)

k so yeah 20 is a bit much, but 5 is too little. The reason I mentioned 20 is cuz longbow hits like a wet noodle outside of glass cannon.

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Just put a sigil of frailty on your LB and you are golden.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

why frailty? lol, remorseless trait and fire and air sigils…

read the wind is nice and all but its not needed, a lot of specs that use lb don’t have RtW and do just fine

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

I would rather have a change to a useful weapon, not the 5th change to LB just to find out it is still meh.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

They could normalize the damage based on range and then give the armor pierce that varies with range instead.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

^ like 18-13-8 respectively

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

Posted by: Franklin Fhenrir.4962

Franklin Fhenrir.4962

They should have made something similar with bows like in gw 1. gw 1 had 5 types of bows to pick from. Each which its own attack speed and damage. the horn bow ( with i used back then ) was 1 of em. normal attack and speed but 10% armor piercing.

You either die a underpowered class or you live long enough to be the overpowered one.

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

Zatoichi.1049

They could normalize the damage based on range and then give the armor pierce that varies with range instead.

This, i think, is spot on.

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

why frailty? lol, remorseless trait and fire and air sigils…

read the wind is nice and all but its not needed, a lot of specs that use lb don’t have RtW and do just fine

Because frailty helps your pet also, and pierces armor. Fire and air work very well but don’t help your pet.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

How about: first shot from stealth pierces armour (treat all targets as if they had 1500 armour).

Then give SB a stealth move.

downed state is bad for PVP

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

Zatoichi.1049

How about: first shot from stealth pierces armour (treat all targets as if they had 1500 armour).

Then give SB a stealth move.

Im not sure how i feel about this idea. On one side i appreciate how your trying to make it more active, but if it was only one shot it would have to be a significant amount of armor pierce. And even with that, a single shot is still prone to invulnerabilities and blocks, just missing, and whatnot,which doesmt solve alot of the issues longbow ranger experiences.

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

^ I kinda like that idea tho

make it so the next two attacks from stealth hit the target as if they have like 1500 armor

or hunter’s shot reduces targets armor for 3 seconds to 1800

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

Posted by: gawker.8340

gawker.8340

This brings you back to square one if you didn’t notice. The LB already has tiered damage according to range. You’re suggesting the same thing, but calling it " armour pierce."

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

Zatoichi.1049

This brings you back to square one if you didn’t notice. The LB already has tiered damage according to range. You’re suggesting the same thing, but calling it " armour pierce."

I see what u r saying, but its an over-generalization. Many people have been asking for normalized longbow damage for quite some time. Honestly, we should get max damage at any range, as there are simply too many ways for an enemy to avoid a longbow arrow at max range, whether its being obscured or blocked, or the target just moves, not to mention the prevelance of low cooldown, gap closing leaps. Tats why we should get max damage at any range.

So if we got damage normalization (max damage at any range), then as a solid buff in addition to that, we could creat the bonus of armor pierce at different ranes, which would add some interesting mechanics to the ranger, giving us more solid performence versus heavily armored foes.

Armor pierce on Longbow

in Ranger

Zatoichi.1049

^ I kinda like that idea tho

make it so the next two attacks from stealth hit the target as if they have like 1500 armor

or hunter’s shot reduces targets armor for 3 seconds to 1800

How about long range shot would have a similar “from stealth mechanic” like thief? upon entering stealth ( applied by the ranger only to avoid op thief/ranger teams) long range shot becomes, idk, sundering arrow, which pierces x amount of armor and it cant be blocked.