Armor stats

Armor stats

in Ranger

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Hi , I got this build http://tinyurl.com/ahry9et ( check skills , pets and traits. )
I don’t want to change neither the traits nor the skills ( weapons and utilities ).
I’m asking about the best stats that would suit my build.

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Armor stats

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Which one is more important to me ? condition damage or power ?

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Armor stats

in Ranger

Posted by: Silencium.8154

Silencium.8154

I’m looking for some advice too…. i’m allmost using the same build + utillity skills atm except i’m using LB + GS. I’m mostly going for power, precision and condition damage. But now i like to gear up and a little direction would be welcome. I’m doing mostly pve with this build. Since i’m using traps a lot i think condition damage have to be a main stat but i’m not sure about the rest. What’s your exp. with this?

Armor stats

in Ranger

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

When choosing between power and condition, ask yourself this question:

Do you use traps?

If so, go condi damage. Focusing on condi damage will allow you to use traps, which do pretty nice AoE damage. And since you only need condition damage (instead of power/prec/crit dmg) you can also focus on more survavability stats. The downside, of course, is lack of flexibility in choosing utility skills.

If you don’t go traps, go Power. 100 Power will give you a lot more damage than 100 cond dmg will no matter what. Remember though, you’ll also have to invest in precision/crit dmg if you want to be effective. Of course, you free up utility slots that you aren’t using on traps.

Hope this answers your question.

Armor stats

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

When choosing between power and condition, ask yourself this question:

Do you use traps?

If so, go condi damage. Focusing on condi damage will allow you to use traps, which do pretty nice AoE damage. And since you only need condition damage (instead of power/prec/crit dmg) you can also focus on more survavability stats. The downside, of course, is lack of flexibility in choosing utility skills.

If you don’t go traps, go Power. 100 Power will give you a lot more damage than 100 cond dmg will no matter what. Remember though, you’ll also have to invest in precision/crit dmg if you want to be effective. Of course, you free up utility slots that you aren’t using on traps.

Hope this answers your question.

If I use the 2 traps ( burn and poison ) , torch skills , LB barrage , LB rapid fire and sword attacks , I will need both of power and condition.

Do you advise me to be hybrid ?

Armor stats

in Ranger

Ursan.7846

First off, I’d like to advise that you should play the way that feels “right to you.”

Now, having said that, I’m going to tell you right now that you won’t be very effective as a “hybrid.” You’ll have to juggle between 4 stats (Power, prec, crit dmg, cond dmg) and this is not even thinking about Tough and Vit.

I suggest a Shortbow for a condition build. Not only does Crossfire bleed, it will far outdamage LB Rapid Fire if you position yourself correctly.

Barrage is amazing, yes, but a Shortbow is superior to LB in basically every other way. Since you’re using traps, you have plenty of AoE damage already, so I feel like you have less of a use of Barrage.

My advise is to go SB & Sword/Torch. If you want to go hybrid, you’ll have to make some sacrifices in stat choices.

Armor stats

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

But what about LB vulnerability(+10% damage ) that aid us ( me and my pet )?

Armor stats

in Ranger

Ursan.7846

It’s useful in a party situation, but if it’s just you and your pet, the damage increase just is not worth it.

Armor stats

in Ranger

Posted by: Rocklin.4106

Rocklin.4106

It’s useful in a party situation, but if it’s just you and your pet, the damage increase just is not worth it.

it also gives 10seconds swiftness to your pet with 12 second cooldown, which helps it hitting moving enemys alot …

Armor stats

in Ranger

Posted by: MaRko.3165

MaRko.3165

The build you linked shows your heavy into traps (with trap targeting) so to me the obvious choice would be additional condition damage to make use of all the points spent on your traps.

I also noticed your using ‘Rampage as One’, while a good offensive trait I was surprised that you did not pick ‘Entangle’ as it is by far our best trap.

“I was playing Farmville and a kitten MMO GW2 broke out of it…”
I cut my gaming teeth on Adventure&ZorkI,II,III.
i7-2600K/8G/GTX570SLI/WIN7/Stereoscopic_3D

Armor stats

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

The build you linked shows your heavy into traps (with trap targeting) so to me the obvious choice would be additional condition damage to make use of all the points spent on your traps.

I also noticed your using ‘Rampage as One’, while a good offensive trait I was surprised that you did not pick ‘Entangle’ as it is by far our best trap.

Thanks mate for you note , I have changed my build ( got Entangle ).
What weapon do you advise me to get ( that suits my build ) besides my sword/torch ?
Is it LB ( has much AOE damage from barage , DPS from rapid shot and vurnerability from hunter’s shot >> I just use them then switch to sword/torch as they are my main weapons ) or SB ( got small and quick condition damage )?

Armor stats

in Ranger

Ursan.7846

Thanks mate for you note , I have changed my build ( got Entangle ).
What weapon do you advise me to get ( that suits my build ) besides my sword/torch ?
Is it LB ( has much AOE damage from barage , DPS from rapid shot and vurnerability from hunter’s shot >> I just use them then switch to sword/torch as they are my main weapons ) or SB ( got small and quick condition damage )?

Again, Shortbow’s Crossfire by itself far out DPS both rapidshot + vulnerability, assuming you’re hitting properly from the back most of the time.

Go SB! Can do no wrong!

Armor stats

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I have changed my build a little >> http://tinyurl.com/a7r93kv
Check my sigils and rapid accessories , what runes will suits my build ?
I know it’s better for them to focus on condition damage , but what about their minor stats ?

Armor stats

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Runes name and stat ?

Armor stats

in Ranger

Ursan.7846

There are several Sigil choices.

Energy. More dodge is NEVER a bad thing.
Battle/Strength. Might is always helpful since it also adds condition damage. But do you see yourself swapping weapons a lot? If so, Battle. If not, Strength.
Earth is another option. More bleed never hurts, and it’s a lot cheaper option too.

As for runes, I personally run Runes of the Thief. Cond/Prec, and that extra flanking damage.

There’s also a rune of the Undead which converts Toughness into Cond Dmg, which is nice. You use Rabid gear, so this is even more cond dmg on top.

Armor stats

in Ranger

Posted by: MaRko.3165

MaRko.3165

I’m likely not the best to answer about ‘runes’ as I’m still experimenting and just playing. Dodging is not one of my strong suits so I went with Cleric gear with Guardian runes. I was mostly going for toughness. (actually this is my highest trait) I can take a few hits before going down. This was important to me. However my rating is so high that I’ll often get Aggro when in a Zerg.

My ‘build style’ (for better or more likely worse) was to have ‘armor’ with defensive properties and ‘weapons’ with offensive properties. The 5 ‘trinket’ items I have two sets, one is offensive (provides boosts to critical chance) the other defensive (Toughness and Vit). I swap them depending on how long it might seem to take to drop something as well as how ‘squishy’ I may be felling at the time.

The environment that I play in (plus the dark 3D shutter glasses) make it difficult for me to find the keys on my keyboard. Outside of the large group events and some of the harder ‘Champions’ I can solo all the open world PvE content.

When I’m having to juggle mobs in my face, red circles at my feet and ranged 2-3 shot bosses at my head I’m retreating or going down, (or both) I simply don’t have the skills to keep up with all that.

“I was playing Farmville and a kitten MMO GW2 broke out of it…”
I cut my gaming teeth on Adventure&ZorkI,II,III.
i7-2600K/8G/GTX570SLI/WIN7/Stereoscopic_3D

Armor stats

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Battle/Strength. Might is always helpful since it also adds condition damage. But do you see yourself swapping weapons a lot? If so, Battle. If not, Strength.
Earth is another option. More bleed never hurts, and it’s a lot cheaper option too.

As for runes, I personally run Runes of the Thief. Cond/Prec, and that extra flanking damage.

There’s also a rune of the Undead which converts Toughness into Cond Dmg, which is nice. You use Rabid gear, so this is even more cond dmg on top.

http://tinyurl.com/ahry9et
But isn’t sigil of smoldering better than earth ( 10% burn will be good as most of my powerful conditions are burning ) ?

About the runes , I will get the undead ones as I don’t have conditon damage and toughness ( at my trait stats ).

Armor stats

in Ranger

Ursan.7846

http://tinyurl.com/ahry9et
But isn’t sigil of smoldering better than earth ( 10% burn will be good as most of my powerful conditions are burning ) ?

About the runes , I will get the undead ones as I don’t have conditon damage and toughness ( at my trait stats ).

The one thing you should know about cond. dmg duration is that, since condition damage ticks every second, anything that doesn’t get you a whole second is wasted.

The Fire trap’s burn is 1 second (2 second if traited.) 10% duration is 1.1s (2.2s) Basically, it doesn’t do anything for you.

Armor stats

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Thanks again for explaning.
There are 3 good sigils to pick , earth ( for bleed stacking ) , rage ( quickness ) and restoration ( healing > will get much speacily with big AOE damage ) . any advice ?

Armor stats

in Ranger

Ursan.7846

Rage is terrible. 45s CD, low chance to proc. (10% on crit. Means 6% of your attacks will proc it.)

Restoration is also in general a bad sigil.

Go with Earth, Energy, or Battle/Strength.

Armor stats

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

The dodge won’t be much effective as I don’t focus on natural magic or survival.
I will get corruption , battle and earth.