Ascended pets

Ascended pets

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

The new weapons are a very good opportunity to give us new (working) pets. Just stronger pets not enough. We need a class mechanism what working in wvw, large boss fights, in heavy aoe, at siege or defend towers etc…

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Ascended pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Pet gorilla?
Auto attack – hurl rocks. 1200 range. Projectile speed similar to short bow, recharge time similar to longbow. High arc so that it is useful hitting things up to and down from walls.
Mighty roar – grant 3stacks of might to nearby allies, 300 range.
Furious roar – grant fury to nearby allies, 300 range.
Tremor (F2) – Smash the ground with both fists, knocking back and launching nearby enemies into the air. Ground targeted, Blast finisher.

AI to encourage them to stay as close to max range as possible, stay as close to us as possible and skirt the edge of a battle. That would work in a lot of WvW scenarios where our pets don’t contribute.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

Ascended pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Pet gorilla?
Auto attack – hurl rocks. 1200 range. Projectile speed similar to short bow, recharge time similar to longbow. High arc so that it is useful hitting things up to and down from walls.
Tremor (F2) – Smash the ground with both fists, knocking back and launching nearby enemies into the air. Ground targeted, Blast finisher.

AI to encourage them to stay as close to max range as possible, stay as close to us as possible and skirt the edge of a battle. That would work in a lot of WvW scenarios where our pets don’t contribute.

Only if they add a monkey whose F2 is “improvised ammunition” and causes their attacks to apply confusion for X seconds lol.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Ascended pets

in Ranger

McWolfy.5924

i think normal pets will never work properly. we need something else. example invulnerable pets whats not dealing or receiving damage, just buff us or the party passively and do some effect for f2

Just the WvW
R3200+

Ascended pets

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Pet gorilla?
Tremor (F2) – Tosses Feces for an AoE poison effect, granting 3 stacks of poison and causing enemies to run away holding their noses for 2 second.

There, fixed.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

Ascended pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

i think normal pets will never work properly. we need something else. example invulnerable pets whats not dealing or receiving damage, just buff us or the party passively and do some effect for f2

That’s not a pet,

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Ascended pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Zach.7203

Zach.7203

That’s not a pet,

We have those already; they’re called Spirits XD

Ascended pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

That’s not a pet,

With the difference of spirits not being mandatory.

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

Ascended pets

in Ranger

Posted by: comanche.6813

comanche.6813

I was just wondering, wouldn’t it be cool if we could have oakhearts, pinehearts, and mosshearts as ascended pets. They wouldn’t have to be OP, just let them look awesome.

Ascended pets

in Ranger

Posted by: comanche.6813

comanche.6813

They could also be scaled down so that it’s easier not to be seen, perhaps the size of the mossheart you turn into when you assist arias in the Ogham wilds.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Assist_Arias_in_maintaining_his_garden

(edited by comanche.6813)

Ascended pets

in Ranger

McWolfy.5924

That’s not a pet,

… try to use spirits in wvw. we need something totally different

Just the WvW
R3200+

Ascended pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Paz Shadow.9715

Paz Shadow.9715

I agree an Ascended pet would be cool not sure what other classes would think of it though. An example could be instead of the juvenile wolf you could find an ascended Dire Wolf, which looks like Eir’s wolf pet.

Green Eye of Grenth | PR Officer | JQ

Ascended pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Reganov.3569

Reganov.3569

I’m not sure it would not require a new pet, maybe just an upgrade of the pet of your choice?

Then for your Legendary pet, you can choose between different stat sets (like the soon to be Legendary weapons) ………..And skills Oooo

Wolfred Darkwater – Fort Aspenwood

Ascended pets

in Ranger

Posted by: meikodesign.6471

meikodesign.6471

Yeah if we could customize our 2 pets… select a type (canine, moas, …), a F2 among a list, 3 others skill among a list, a skin, size, color, etc… that’d be awesome!

Lunavi – Ranger 80 ~ Charr Kuttery – Warrior 80
Little Lunavi – Ranger – Rank 4x
[CPC] Insert Coin – Vizunah Square [FR]