Astral Force question

Astral Force question

in Ranger

Posted by: themillwater.5846

themillwater.5846

I thought it was generated through heals, but when I was reading a build on meta battle it said to use Whirling Defense for a strong cleave and Astral Force generation. How does that work? Here is a link to the build I was reading.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Druid_-_S/A_LB_Power

Astral Force question

in Ranger

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Astral Force is generated through healing (1.5% of the bar per intance) and direct damage (0.75% of your bar per hit). Condition damage and pet damage as well as potential healing done to those at full health don’t work.

A quick succession of hits like Whirling Defense is a good way to generate Astral Force quickly.

Astral Force question

in Ranger

Posted by: themillwater.5846

themillwater.5846

I totally missed the direct damage part, thank you.

Astral Force question

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Astral Force is generated through healing (1.5% of the bar per intance) and direct damage (0.75% of your bar per hit). Condition damage and pet damage as well as potential healing done to those at full health don’t work.

A quick succession of AoE hits like Whirling Defense is a good way to generate Astral Force quickly.

Fixt.

A quick succession of hits can be Rapid Fire as well, and you’ll end up with less than 8% after using it, which is still extremely low.

The best way to fill CAF is AoE regen via Haling Spring / Resounding Timbre / whichever other means you have.
If you don’t have those – resorting to AoE attacks like barrage and Whirling Defense is pretty much the way to go.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Astral Force question

in Ranger

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

A quick succession of AoE hits like Whirling Defense is a good way to generate Astral Force quickly.

Fixt.

A quick succession of hits can be Rapid Fire as well, and you’ll end up with less than 8% after using it, which is still extremely low.

The best way to fill CAF is AoE regen via Haling Spring / Resounding Timbre / whichever other means you have.
If you don’t have those – resorting to AoE attacks like barrage and Whirling Defense is pretty much the way to go.

Good point. I should have worded that differently. Those numbers (1.5% and 0.75%) are indeed per target hit/healed and not per skill used. Which makes using a party healing skill or AoE skill against multiple targets infinitely more effective at generating Astral Force than hitting a single target.
Although, Whirling defense is still more effective than simply auto attacking a single target (which happens quite often in raids). The reason why it is being mentioned as a way to gain Astral Force in the guide.

(edited by Henry.5713)

Astral Force question

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

And reflected projectiles.

Astral Force question

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

ours? Why is that? or did u forget the \s?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Astral Force question

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

ours? Why is that? or did u forget the \s?

Like think for a second,
Whirling Defense reflects projectiles which in turn count as attacks which in turn count as Astral Force generation.