Attention Developers

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: nicole.8143

nicole.8143

I am currently a ranger (a low level one since I just started playing the game) and it is so very sad that I am on other class forums looking for a new class due to the shortbow nerf and how the entire situation was handled.

I am becoming very, very disappointed with the developers and unfortunately making these huge mistakes (and not owning up to them and fixing them) is inevitably going to run players away AND keep new players from joining the game. They are essentially shooting themselves in the foot.

I think it’s also important for the developers to understand that not everyone plays for PVP; therefore, when you nerf the freaking shortbow you start dying to mobs in regular game play—absolutely ridiculous.

Developers—-please tell me you plan to fix these huge issues and mistakes (and admit to them instead of just saying "we had to fix a graphical glitch so we nerfed your only skill with the only weapon that is effective) or let me know that this will continue throughout the future so I can just find another game to play.

Thanks…

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: cobaltshadow.3751

cobaltshadow.3751

Well if they try to shoot themselves in the foot with a short bow, it won’t really matter :P

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

Rangers took an arrow in the knee.

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: lolnotacat.9814

lolnotacat.9814

@Widomaker Z

And that arrow was shot by a warrior or thief.

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: WarriorKitten.7192

WarriorKitten.7192

It would be nice if instead of the random magic/pet tress rangers had something useful that would allow them to run melee easier. Longbow is too weak and useless in most solo PvE situations. Axes are nice to deal with large groups but that is about it. Sword is useless, torch doesn’t go with anything. Horn is a good speed buff. So we have the longsword and the short bow. Short bow is nerfed, might as well use axes. Not enough durability for longsword.

I am thinking of switching to double axe/ axe horn build. Should be a way to make it work, although might still not be as good as the shortbow was.

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

i am also disappointed in the balancing “team”. this stinks of WoW, all over again. i have horrible memories of not being able to play my favourite classes and specs because they were utterly useless in raids or arenas. and having to wait months, or even a year before any of it was addressed.

i cant help but sense…arrogance and stubbornness…in the way this is being handled. the lack of communication is just salt on the would, and the “nerf first, wait and see, and ask questions later” attitude is infuriating. many points lost ANet, in the eyes of one fan at least.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Speaking of the dev team, I saw multiple videos of devs saying they like certain classes, none ever said ranger, oh and not to mention a dev said his favorite class was a warrior on their forums, I see a trend …

Regardless, this is a mesmer/guardian/warrior/thief meta, we should get use to it for now.

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Vorkk.4927

Vorkk.4927

Ya JonPeters who nerfed us plays a war. So you’re pretty safe to make a war and not expect many nerfs

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Damage.7493

Damage.7493

Correction they tried to shoot themselves in the foot with the shortbow but it got obstructed.

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: indi.9832

indi.9832

It wasn’t obstructed it was a graphic glitch

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Reeddog.9132

Reeddog.9132

This is exactly the type of post Anet is going to “poof” into thin air. Its not ok with them to be on their forums giving reasons your unhappy with how your favorite class, and or the game, is being handled and voicing opinions that are shining a negative light. I can’t find the fun seems to be some of the magic words.

This was done with a topic yesterday that was growing and full of disheartened folks talking about not wanting to play the game anymore. It was not locked or any such thing, it just flat got deleted. i went into my history and had to check the url cause i was a little stunned they are censoring their forums of such a post. There are many many posts on these forums with folks plainly saying they hate this game, ect, ect, ect…… and they are not deleted.

Must be something to do with no one raging and making wild accusations and just posting the cold facts about why they don’t want to log in and play a game they actually like for the most part. You know, the kinds of things said, that will actually leave an impression on peoples that are browsing these forums searching for opinions that may sway them one way or another in playing the game.

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Redrumickey.9672

Redrumickey.9672

It’s all good! Thief and warrior are next on the nerfing block . Thats why I’m not rerolling its only a matter of time before they nerf everyone down to nothing .Here’s a idea why not nerf up . People spam 1 to much well give another playable skill and people would mix a bit.

But I always have neco ! Once the worst class to play is everyday looking better and better . Its not that nerf him up they just left him alone with know love given. Its every other class will getting nerf down to his level. Soon us neco will be kings among nelf players and when that day comes my minions die 10 seconds less .Thats 10 sec. of fun and happiness we will have together before recasting.

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: nicole.8143

nicole.8143

Exactly.

I like playing ranger and I do not, at all, want to swap classes. At the same time if the developers are planning to continue handling situations like this then I fear many (including myself) will start looking for another game to play.

Why spend so much time, energy, and effort fighting to be heard on forums (and to get a real response to the issue) instead of actually playing the game?

It’s just out of hand at this point—the game is great and has a lot of potential, but they are ruining that potential with poor leadership.

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Vexx.6987

Vexx.6987

Hi,

I have countless hours on my ranger and more or less 250 games in Spvp rank 31 atm, also played other classes for 100 games or so but I cant hold it anymore, right now all I feel about this class is how kittened compared to the other ones the ranger really is, everything I do the other classes can do better,sadly because like the guy above me said, "I dont feel like rerolling , I love the ranger ", im just sad, think i’ll take a break untill things get “better”.

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Digital Dragon.2697

Digital Dragon.2697

Love my Ranger, the nerf hasn’t made this class unplayable (for me). If you’re dying so much, adjust your play style. My death toll hasn’t changed.

And they probably deleted the other post, because there are so many threads about this nerf, all stating the exact same thing. It’s pretty redundant and pushes other topics off the page that people actually want to read.

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Sdric.8526

Sdric.8526

It’s all good! Thief and warrior are next on the nerfing block .

Well, neither of them deserves a nerf.
Thieves, Guardians, Warriors , Mesmer and Elementalists have a great balancing towards each other.
It’s a little bit like rock paper scissors with just the elemtalist breaking the circle (mainly since he doesn’t counter anybody but instead is an awesome support for each group).

The point is:
Engineers are unreliable due to their random effect tonics which make them barely usable in PvP.
———————————————————————————————
And Ranger, well…
They simply suck.
Thieves and Warriors are stronger ranged fighters as well as stronger meeles, so are Guardians.
Support Rangers are just plain bad due to spirits dieing in basically and AoE regardless how weak it is.
On top of all the maximum power of a Ranger is not limited by individual skull, but by a randomly stupid Pet Ki.
Well, at least as long as the pet is alive – since it can’t dodge and dies instantly to dungeon bosses (Arah /Crucible)

sPvPers against gear-grind.
Ascended Gear-progression disables WvW for us.
Stop it now!

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Dware.4259

Dware.4259

Save yourself the hassle and re-roll a warrior or quit.

By the time anet comes around to fixing the ranger class it will be months if not years down the road, they obviously do not care.

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

This whole situation reminds me of the way GW1 Rangers were treated for so long earlier on.
Anyone remember Otyugh’s Cry? Full-blown 100% useless skill, that remained completely unchanged for like 2 years.
And then there was the need to dedicate a quarter of your entire skill bar just to -have- a pet. I think that particular issue was alleviated by a different person -after- the original skill balance guy moved over to work on GW2. Still left it #%^& for PvP, though.
And the traps… oh, dear God, the traps… They’ve always been complete trash in GW1 outside of niche all-ranger farming groups, because they were -balanced- around the possibility that a full group of Rangers would grab every trap they possibly could and stack them all. So if you were an individual Ranger looking at tossing a trap or two into your build, you would just be tickling your enemy with a wasted skill slot, even with maxed out Wilderness Survival. Much better than doing the rational thing and just stopping multiple traps from being able to occupy the same spot on the ground, right?

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Skolvikings.5132

Skolvikings.5132

Most of the time I’m too lazy to equip my shortbow in Orr against the level 80 mobs. I just keep up the axe/horn and don’t care about the ricochet pulling an extra mob or two. I feel overpowered in PvE tbh. There’s no way a 7% reduction in the shortbow’s #1 skill should make that much of a difference between success or failure in PvE.

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Targren.6073

Targren.6073

It’s all good! Thief and warrior are next on the nerfing block . .

Nope. I’m pretty sure it will be guardians. There are even more sword-n-board guardian bots now than I’ve ever seen bot-ranger-trains. After seven years, Anet still hasn’t managed to come up with a better way to handle botting than “nerf the popular class into oblivion.”

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Redrumickey.9672

Redrumickey.9672

Well if it works for Anet then why change it. They can just change the name of the game to * Thief Wars

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Strzalka.9451

Strzalka.9451

It’s called Thief vs Mesmer Wars

But in all seriousness, I think folks are taking this way to personally. I don’t know what you all have been doing that makes it so you easily notice that 40 milliseconds or whatever, but I’ve been using shortbow from the beginning and I can honestly say that the only reason I even noticed a tiny difference was because of all the spam on the forums about how the SB was nerfed. If not for all the forum tears, I probably would still not know about the change. I haven’t even changed my build. I certainly don’t die more easily… the change has nothing to do with survivability.

Diabel Zwierze/Ranger
80’s – Necro/War/Ele/Guard

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Quit asking for them to buff shortbow, its quite good for its role, they need to buff other weapons. Shortbow is our only real damage weapon besides sword, but its not meant to be. Its supposed to be medium damage lots of control and utility. Not a spam 1 and melt face during a QZ. That was the design of the longbow, and in beta it did well, but now its a joke, how about we call for buffs that matter.

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Speno.1874

Speno.1874

You sir are incorrect, they made a decent weapon into a weapon on par with the last stating that it wasn’t meant for spamming.Which is fine but when the other abilities are worthless and do not do much for control or utility, then yes it needs a buff. Just because you want other weapons buffed does not mean, short bow does not need one.

“Red sun rises. Blood has been spilled this night.”
Leader of Steadfast
Current Boris Pass , Formerly pre launch HOD

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: LazerEagle.7209

LazerEagle.7209

I’m considering quitting the game altogether, whatever respect I had for ANet was lost due to this whole fiasco. Once I get my Engie and my Guardian (which I switched to because the Ranger has been nerfed to hell and back) to 30, I will leave. Only reason on sticking around is so it doesn’t feel like my $60 was Tokyo wasted.

Attention Developers

in Ranger

Posted by: Targren.6073

Targren.6073

But in all seriousness, I think folks are taking this way to personally. I don’t know what you all have been doing that makes it so you easily notice that 40 milliseconds or whatever, but I’ve been using shortbow from the beginning and I can honestly say that the only reason I even noticed a tiny difference was because of all the spam on the forums about how the SB was nerfed. If not for all the forum tears, I probably would still not know about the change. I haven’t even changed my build. I certainly don’t die more easily… the change has nothing to do with survivability.

Your observational skills, or lack thereof, notwithstanding, it’s not a question of “taking it personally.” It’s a matter of the development and company philosophy that’s been exposed by this whole mess, and in other “fixes” (DR, anti-farm, etc.): the design is frequently slipshod, the implementation often sloppy, and the communication with the players alternately condescending and dishonest.

The thing that surprises me about it is all the people who say that they’re “Surprised by Anet’s attitude.” AFAIK, their only other game was Guild Wars, so they either didn’t have enough experience with ANet to draw a conclusion that was contradicted by this behavior, or they should have known better. This is nothing new. The same crap went on in GW1.