Awesome build with 90% boon duration

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

So I finally got my 2 traveller runes and Im now able to see my actual stats in-game.

Check the attached image out.

The stats aren’t bad. And you’ve pretty much got perma swiftness, fury and a bit of might on. The protection you get from the stone spirit is great, and you almost double the protection duration you gain from dodging (2s→4s protection). With vigorous renewal, your healing spring will give you 6s of vigor per pulse (5 pulses). Thats pretty much perma vigor if you stay inside your healing spring for the entire duration. It’s a shame that they’ll be nerfing vigorous renewal next patch, but you’ll still end up with plenty of vigor.

This build is great for roaming and small group support. My build can be found here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/WvW-Build-Being-able-to-both-Roam-Support/first#post2930539

Hope this will help out the people that want to play support rangers without losing too much dmg and survivability

Attachments:

(edited by kiwituatara.6053)

in Ranger

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

i run something similar to your build with 60% boon duration. i dont use spirits because i prefere the regeneration and swiftness buff for my group and the combo pet finisher if i cast “guard!” in a combo field. thats pretty awesome healing on demand for the whole group.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMQQRBMhd+1JRFN32FkiFoWGQaPmEzDTYFME3D/rTCxDW95B-jUDBoNJDxZQ00CQUGAEBhO5rIaslhTjt8KI6ZLqWVDQdDzYORG0DrWKAIWDA-w

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I didn’t even know until I read this post that you could get boon duration that high. after reading this, now I have to go spend some gold and experiment with it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

You have 1,000 power with 1,000 condi dmg with 9% crit chance. Look how much you had to waste to get that much boon duration. You’re just going to find yourself stalemating with most players man and get broken down by thieves/mesmers. You just don’t have any offensive prowess. The 90% is cool and all, but I highly doubt it’ll matter or make a competitive difference to a good player and especially to a player who can steal those boons like a thief, you’re just hurting yourself against someone like that.

I’ll give it a try though and test it out myself and let you know how it goes, thanks for the writeup.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Interesting build, definitely the first time I’ve seen anyone go that deep for boon duration. Perma warhorn buffs is definitely something I haven’t seen before, and this looks like a really good support build.

Just a few things: Sigil of Geomancy and Sigil of Energy don’t stack. It might be better to swap out the Energy one to something else like Accuracy (since you really lack the crit chance) or add something else entirely. The extra burn damage sigil comes to mind.

Also, 30% Crit chance (with the perma fury) and Sharpened Edges equates to 19.8% (0.3 * 0.66) chance to bleed per attack. I’m not sure that’s something worth traiting for, and you already have perma swiftness, so swiftness on swap seems redundant. Maybe switch that over to 20 Marksmanship for Spotter (more support & direct damage!), or 30 in Wilderness Survival for Empathic Bond (more survival & condition damage!)

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I didn’t think boon duration worked on spirits?

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

@Ryan I always felt like 1000 condi dmg is the minimal to effectively kill somebody. Switching from apoth to rabid gear might also help if you wanted to add a little more condition dmg

@ jubskie~ Yea, I wasn’t sure if I should go 30% crit chance (with fury) or put 10 more points into MM or WS. And I forgot geomancy and energy sigils dont stack.

Just remember guys, if you’re trying out the build, boon duration is capped at 90%, you cannot go any higher than that.

(edited by kiwituatara.6053)

in Ranger

Chrispy.5641

So, I’ve been messing around with Boon Duration, and I noticed some wierd things. The Jungle Stalker, Fern Hound, and Blue Moa all have F2’s that are supposed to affect everyone with Might, Regeneration, and Protection.

The Problem is…, the Jungle Stalker and Fern Hound, with 90% boon duration, are supposed to apply 5 stacks of Might and Regeneration for 19 seconds. After firing off the F2, they apply it for the regular 10 seconds to me and everyone else, but, it lasts for 19 seconds on only themselves.

The Blue Moas should be applying a 7 1/2 second Protection, but only gives everyone 4 seconds, but gives itself 7 1/2 seconds.

…Add that to the list of Pet Bugs I guess.

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

So, I’ve been messing around with Boon Duration, and I noticed some wierd things. The Jungle Stalker, Fern Hound, and Blue Moa all have F2’s that are supposed to affect everyone with Might, Regeneration, and Protection.

The Problem is…, the Jungle Stalker and Fern Hound, with 90% boon duration, are supposed to apply 5 stacks of Might and Regeneration for 19 seconds. After firing off the F2, they apply it for the regular 10 seconds to me and everyone else, but, it lasts for 19 seconds on only themselves.

The Blue Moas should be applying a 7 1/2 second Protection, but only gives everyone 4 seconds, but gives itself 7 1/2 seconds.

Hmm~ its not a bug. Gear stats dont affect pets. I never intended to use pets for boons, they are too unreliable. Use spiders, they’re the best non-dps pets

in Ranger

Chrispy.5641

If Gear stats don’t affect pets, then why is Boon Duration affecting the length of the Boon (as far as the pets applying it to themselves)? Also if Gear Stats aren’t supposed to affect pets, why does the skill itself say and show its affected by the boon duration (as is other F2’s show they are affected by condition duartion)? Still a bug.

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

If Gear stats don’t affect pets, then why is Boon Duration affecting the length of the Boon (as far as the pets applying it to themselves)? Also if Gear Stats aren’t supposed to affect pets, why does the skill itself say and show its affected by the boon duration (as is other F2’s show they are affected by condition duartion)? Still a bug.

I’m guessing he’s referring to the part that the pet’s stats aren’t affected by gear. But you’re right that the display is bugged since the pet’s boon duration isn’t supposed to change with the master’s stats. (did that make sense? o_O)

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: meikodesign.6471

meikodesign.6471

Fortifying bond maybe?

Lunavi – Ranger 80 ~ Charr Kuttery – Warrior 80
Little Lunavi – Ranger – Rank 4x
[CPC] Insert Coin – Vizunah Square [FR]