Axe/Torch PVP build advice

in Ranger

Posted by: Zelphir.8576

Zelphir.8576

Hi guys, first i’m not english native, so sorry for any grammatical errors
I’m pretty new in GW2, with some weeks of playing. I decided to go into some PVP, i liked it much, but i have some questions about a Axe/Torch and Shortbow pvp build.

This is my actual build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAnfVjEq0vaLLmrw1aABhaVA0uGChk19QcDNxFrkgE-TZhAwATeAAjOCAjLDA4EAQb/BA

As you can see, it’s condition based from torch, axe and trap.
It’s a good build, or i need to change anything ?

My questions are:
- Strenght of Spirit is necessary ? The bonus is low, but there is another good substitute ? Like Tail Wind and Pet’s Prowess/Agility Training.
- Does Signet of the Hunt works in combat ? i’ve been using renewal, and hunt, but i cant see differentes in combat.

Any advice would be of great help, thanks

in Ranger

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

Ello,
IMO, take offhand training in mid tier; take empathic bond for GM
Regen duration increase is ok, however you have 0 healing power so I would take prot on damage instead or the power to health conversion.
For youre set up you could actually skip the gm trait altogether in health/boon duration line and go 2 points elsewhere for more damage.
Also, im not sure your3e runes are good, the 6th bonus is very low so maybe health and cond damage runes.
Last point is that youre going very squishy with that amulet so i would take sw/da for the evades instead of shortbow

in Ranger

Zelphir.8576

Sorry, i forgot to add the rune, i’m using the Rune of the Undead not Dolyak.

Well about the sword/dagger change, i use the shortbow for damage when the enemy is running for example, but i’ll try to use the sw/da seems a good option.
Should i change my amulet? I didn’t find any better for this build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

strength of spirit isn’t necessary if you’re running condition damage but being a little hybrid doesn’t hurt.
having only one survival utility skill i wouldn’t trait it, take empathic bond and move off-hand training to mid tier. Also hide in plain sight IMHO is useless as you can’t move so ppl are still going to hit you
I don’t like sigil of purity and i don’t think you’ll get much benefit from sigil of smoldering, i’d rather take geomancy, also you’re running an “on crit” sigil and have 4% critical chance

Imho i’d also switch the bird for a cat that deals conditions to add up with yours

in Ranger

Zelphir.8576

I don’t know if this make sense, but i like the hide in plain because when it activate the enemy’s lost my target for a short time, i think it can be a life save.

I liked the advice about sigil, i’m already using it, e switched to sw/da as the secondary weapon.

dylan, what if i take celestial instead carrion ? I some some power and condition, but gain healing, thougness, presicion and ferocity.

Delta, if a take empathic bond, Signet of Renewal is still necessary ?

Thanks.

(edited by Zelphir.8576)