Axe projectile graphic?

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

If you get an axe with a lot of effects, like the Corrupted Skeggox, does that change the axe you’re throwing? Or are just stuck with a dull generic skin for the actual projectile?

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Oglaf.1074

After some YouTubing I found it to be the case of Frostfang. However, as many Legendaries change projectiles and stuff I am not still convinced it is worth getting two Corrupted Skeggoxes (Skeggoxii?) on my Ranger…

Do you even lift, bro?

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Oglaf.1074

Nobody uses Axes? :O

Do you even lift, bro?

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon Hawk.9406

Daemon Hawk.9406

Non legendary axes use a generic skin for the thrown model. Does it matter?

Garik Ravenclaw
Support Beastmaster Ranger
http://garik.fastmail.fm

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Oglaf.1074

Does it matter?

Yes it does actually. I’m not spending 80g on skins when you still throw the same dull generic axe projectile. It is fine for bows because bow skin has no impact on the arrows you fire, but you are throwing your axes here; the projectile should adapt when you’re using the fancier skins…

Do you even lift, bro?

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon Hawk.9406

Daemon Hawk.9406

I apologize. I don’t know why I said that. If it didn’t matter to you, you wouldn’t have started a thread about it.

More than half the time, I’m throwing through a field, so I get a changed animation anyway. For me, it’s not a big deal.

Garik Ravenclaw
Support Beastmaster Ranger
http://garik.fastmail.fm

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Oglaf.1074

It depends on the axes, really. Some are just so different (like the Corrupted Skeggox I mentioned) than the default model that it is really such an eye-sore as well as a letdown after spending gold or time/resourced on getting them.

It isn’t fair to Axe Rangers to be shafted like this. To add insult to injury, Sons of Svanir that do use Corrupted Skeggox do get an alternative projectile :C

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

No thrown weapon in the game uses a modified projectile graphic except legendaries, far as I can tell. No matter what weapon you’re using, you always get the default basic axe when using Ranger mainhand axe, you always get the default shield when using the Engineer Throw Shield skill, the default dagger when using Crippling Talon, ect.

Its really lame having a great looking weapon and then ending up throwing a default skin. Its a minor thing, sure, but the devil is in the details as they say, and if you actually pay attention to the projectile it looks really bad to have the axe morph into a default model the second it leaves your hand.

I made a suggestion about it a few months back in the Suggestion forum, that they should change it so that the thrown weapon represents the model used rather than a default skin because of how jarring it looks if you actually pay attention to your projectile. Unfortunately, no one else seemed to care, the thread fell off the first page and into obscurity without a single reply.

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

I’d like the axe to be viable in battle really, i dont even want a skin effect

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Oglaf.1074

No thrown weapon in the game uses a modified projectile graphic except legendaries, far as I can tell. No matter what weapon you’re using, you always get the default basic axe when using Ranger mainhand axe, you always get the default shield when using the Engineer Throw Shield skill, the default dagger when using Crippling Talon, ect.

I know, it is the same for Warrior when using 3 with mainhand Axe. However, that’s just one ability. I can forgive them for that.

For Rangers, however, it is all about throwing your Axe so naturally I assumed they had put some extra effort into the Ranger Axe skills….

What a downer. I made a Ranger solely for chucking Axes, I don’t care about the Bows. Now I don’t feel like continuing to leveling her because I’ll get shafted in the end. As you said, the devil is indeed in the details and this is bugging me a lot.

Maybe I’m insane?

EDIT: I made a suggestion, but I guess nobody else thought the same.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Thrown-Axe-Projectile

Do you even lift, bro?

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

Oglaf if you want to throw a unique axe, I suggest going for Frostfang

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Oglaf.1074

Doing so on my Warrior.

Wish they were account bound.

That’s beside the point though; all axes should be like Frostfang when thrown, with Frostfang being even awesomer yet. It isn’t “legendary” it is just something that should happen regardless of which axe you throw.

Frostfang’s “legendary effect” should be default for Rangers is what I am trying to say.

Do you even lift, bro?

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I have yet to come across an axe skin that carries over go the thrown one other than the legendary… I was upset when I learned I couldn’t throw Stygian Reavers at people…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

jwaz.1908

Doing so on my Warrior.

Wish they were account bound.

That’s beside the point though; all axes should be like Frostfang when thrown, with Frostfang being even awesomer yet. It isn’t “legendary” it is just something that should happen regardless of which axe you throw.

Frostfang’s “legendary effect” should be default for Rangers is what I am trying to say.

I understand where you’re coming from, but I doubt Anet would but the time/effort in to make a ranger-only ability so elaborate. While it would be nice if ranger default attack threw the axe, it would require programming and animations specific to each axe skin, which is something they just won’t ever do.

In terms of Frostfang being account bound, there is a way to make it so, but at the cost of 2 transmutation stones and 2 exotic axes per transfer. You might already know this but you can transmute a legendary onto a white item to make it account bound, then transmute it back onto an exotic on a different character.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Oglaf.1074

A Ranger can dream, can’t she? Or he, as it is me dreaming rather than my character. Or whatever.

sigh

I’ll prolly end up with Longbow/Shortbow like all the other Rangers in the game

Do you even lift, bro?

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

jwaz.1908

I switch between longbow/short-bow and use axe/warhorn main-hand. Axe is a really good dps weapon in dungeons where there are a lot of clumped up mobs, and short-bow is good against bosses and such.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

i really do agree, main hand axe for rangers should be effected by the skin, mainly by the mystic forge and crafted recipies that req lodestones to make. its the only way rangers use main hand axes and getting something that looks really cool is alet down cause the moment it leaves ur char it turns into the same skin as the axe u started with at lvl 1, would really like to see my titan’s vengience fly through the air…expecialy since the animation for it is already there because of the conjur flame skill, same with the axes sons of svaniar throw…. its not like the models are all missing alot of them are there already

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Oglaf.1074

expecialy since the animation for it is already there because of the conjur flame skill, same with the axes sons of svaniar throw…. its not like the models are all missing alot of them are there already

Precisely! It does make me ever so jelly when a Son turns into “berserker ice mode” and throws his Corrupted Skeggox complete with an icy axe projectile.

Do you even lift, bro?

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Btw, legendaries are account bound by default you don’t need to transmute, my friends been swapping his great sword around constantly because he likes to show off…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Oglaf.1074

They are? Well, that’s a small comfort I guess…

Tiny comfort.

Do you even lift, bro?

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

just a thought but for frost fang if it had an ice trail that kinda spiralled from you to your target in the air it would be cool and more “legendary” something like a trail that quickly melted but still a solid spiraling ice trail in the air fallowing the axe as it goes through the air

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

It’s not that I don’t think that this should be implemented… I just don’t see how it can be a priority over any other number of actual mechanic fixes or balance tweaks that need doing.

You put the icing on the cake you know, not the half completed, yet-to-be-baked bowl of mix.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Oglaf.1074

Except that the people who tinker with graphical effects are most likely separate from the team that are in charge of balance tweaks.

So.

Yah.

Do you even lift, bro?

Axe projectile graphic?

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

However their programming team is structured is mostly up to speculation on details like that.
However, I’d wager that even if the teams are separated, the graphics team is too busy with working on new content to worry about polishing old content.

After all, content over quality and all that.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat