Axe ricochet off boss aoe in new TA path

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I think it’s cool that the axe ricochets off aoe on the ground that the middle boss casts. This makes axe surprisingly strong against him (weakness and chill too). I hope we see more mechanics like this. This dungeon appears to be very ranger friendly.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Did the new dungeon on my ranger and ranger weapon skills are crazy useful in all parts of this dungeon. For the oil / lava elemental part I just used path of scars to drag all the elementals away from the oil blobs in one shot.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

I use Path of Scars to pull holograms into the tree too. I think you can use it to pull the mid boss for the achievement. It’s good to pull steam watchers too.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Did the new dungeon on my ranger and ranger weapon skills are crazy useful in all parts of this dungeon. For the oil / lava elemental part I just used path of scars to drag all the elementals away from the oil blobs in one shot.

Also pet is invunl to fire in that room

in Ranger

Posted by: Vaxx.3178

Vaxx.3178

Pet is also immune to Golem MkII’s electric field (get a melee pet on it, and it take no damage the whole fight), Lava (your pet can sit in it and hit the Megadestroyer in the middle of the lava lake), and a few others I cant think of right now.

Not sure if intended.

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I hope it’s intended Vaxx. Because if so, pets just became more useful.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: Vaxx.3178

Vaxx.3178

I noticed after the world boss upgrades. But if it is intended its very oddly placed, which leads me to believe it isn’t.

Think about this, when your pet dies to the rolling boulders in CoF, it does not go on cooldown, its health is at 0 and you can actually res it like another player. Other places with traps that kills pets, the go into downed.

There are some oddities with pets in more places, but taking damage from one thing, and not others is very spotty. It just seems like a code issue. One that benefits pets slightly, but still seems too sporadic to be intended to me.

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Still, if pets became immune to AoE like that for PvE, I’d love the change very much. WvW…that AoE resistance won’t help you.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald