BM Zephyr’s Speed Trait needs improvement

in Ranger

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

Hi Devs,

just want to know why you actually nerfed quickening zephyr trait. Its a mandatory trait for every ranger and in the patch notes you said that all quickness traits will have a longer duration. However the trait did not get a buff.

Is this intended? Since the trait has 50% less speed I think its reasonable to increase duration to 3s.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: What also has to mentioned. Our only ability to “save stomp” an enemy is by using pet swap quickness. I think also here a compensation is necessary like an additional blind on a weapon pair or something like that.

Thanks again

(edited by HPLT.7132)

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

QZ is not a mandatory slot skill for every ranger build. They added a stun break to it. It’s hard to tell why these balance choices were made…at leat without thought and testing. Don’t freak out yet.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Every quickness ability got nerfed . Only ranger one got a buff to it as well

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

This is a valid question and I’m curious myself, but your thread topic is flame bait. Please don’t use sensationalist topics :P

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

QZ is not a mandatory slot skill for every ranger build. They added a stun break to it. It’s hard to tell why these balance choices were made…at leat without thought and testing. Don’t freak out yet.

He meant the 5 BM trait, not the QZ skill.

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

Every quickness ability got nerfed . Only ranger one got a buff to it as well

It was not buffed, it got brought in line with the other skills.

in Ranger

HPLT.7132

To make this clear: I am talking about the trait and not the utility skill!

Just wanted to get an answer if this is intended.

in Ranger

Posted by: The Chosen Link.3247

The Chosen Link.3247

If you want to get an answer then why not change the thread title to something less provocative as “Ranger got nerfed?” and instead use something such as “BM Zephyr’s Speed Trait needs improvement”

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Actually, the OP has a good point. While the duration of Quickness was increased for everyone and all of the other quickness skills, it was not for ’Zephyr’s Speed’ in the Beastmastery trait line. Hopefully this will be addressed.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Ranger

HPLT.7132

If you want to get an answer then why not change the thread title to something less provocative as “Ranger got nerfed?” and instead use something such as “BM Zephyr’s Speed Trait needs improvement”

Here you go. Just wanted to post that beofre going to lunch.

in Ranger

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Increase BM Zephyr’s Speed duration!

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Instead of gut-reacting to tell them to increase the duration, we should try playing with it as is for a few weeks.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Instead of gut-reacting to tell them to increase the duration, we should try playing with it as is for a few weeks.

You mean “we should try playing with it as is for a few months”?

(and then we forget how it used to be, problem solved!)

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

The Chosen Link.3247

Patch is now active. BM Zephyr’s Speed was not ‘ninja’ put in line with other skills, meaning it’s still at 2s quickness.

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

You mean “we should try playing with it as is for a few months”?

(and then we forget how it used to be, problem solved!)

I have to admit, I feel much less dangerous with the trait as is now. Just some basic testing shows that it’s not even long enough for a stomp or even two auto attack cycles with melee weapons.

Considering quickness is now significantly weaker, I’m reconsidering what I just said; I think the extra second wouldn’t hurt that much, since it’s much easier to interrupt your target with the buff on.

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Any idea if putting 5 points into BM tree just for this trait is still worth it? I mean, quickness isn’t that good anymore and I really could use free 5 points…

in Ranger

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

Adding my voice that this needs to be updated to, probably to 3seconds to be viable. I expect since it was in a trait line it was just neglected. Same for the sigils of rage.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in Ranger

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

well, before, that one minor trait was capable of up to 13.33% overall damage increase (or 10% untraited) while also giving boosts to a ton of other actions.
I actually don’t see that much of a need to bring this 5 point(!) minor trait back to what it used to be. HOWEVER, there should be some sort of compensation for it. And I do not mean greatsword.

Buff spirits, fix sick ’em queue issues, fix some quirky pet ai behaviors, buff longbow #1 or the whole weapon while we are at it.
Then we are talking.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

well, before, that one minor trait was capable of up to 13.33% overall damage increase (or 10% untraited) while also giving boosts to a ton of other actions.
I actually don’t see that much of a need to bring this 5 point(!) minor trait back to what it used to be. HOWEVER, there should be some sort of compensation for it. And I do not mean greatsword.

Buff spirits, fix sick ’em queue issues, fix some quirky pet ai behaviors, buff longbow #1 or the whole weapon while we are at it.
Then we are talking.

I disagree, they clearly stated that reducing quickness down to 50% to give enemys a chance to react, but at the same time increasing the duration to compensate. All other skills were compensated EXCEPT Zephyr’s Speed. My guess is it was overlooked and they will address it.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Ranger

naphack.9346

Then we are talking.

I disagree, they clearly stated that reducing quickness down to 50% to give enemys a chance to react, but at the same time increasing the duration to compensate. All other skills were compensated EXCEPT Zephyr’s Speed. My guess is it was overlooked and they will address it.

Did they compensate Time Warp?
Your point is invalid.

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Then we are talking.

Zephyr’s Speed wasn’t only for damage, it was perhaps even more used for quickness stomping and quick ressing, at least for me. I’ll miss the speed for those actions more than the actual damage increase tbh.

in Ranger

naphack.9346

Then we are talking.

Zephyr’s Speed wasn’t only for damage, it was perhaps even more used for quickness stomping and quick ressing, at least for me. I’ll miss the speed for those actions more than the actual damage increase tbh.

I never said, it was only for damage.
But just look at the facts, even when just autoattacking, it can boost your attacks by anything between 8%(if the pet is being stupid after swap) and 13%.
What other 5 point minor trait can achieve such a thing?
The only thing I say is, it’s probably still plenty strong even after the patch.

in Ranger

Posted by: BlackhawkSOM.6401

BlackhawkSOM.6401

This really needs to have an increased duration. Two seconds being cut by 50% = one second. So they really need to increase its duration to AT LEAST 3 seconds to compensate.

Retuxan-80 Ranger-Rank 40
Jade quarry, MoG

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

This really needs to have an increased duration. Two seconds being cut by 50% = one second. So they really need to increase its duration to AT LEAST 3 seconds to compensate.

Tbh, we shouldn’t settle for anything less than 4 seconds. They wanted to reduce burst, fine, but did they also mean to cut our dps by so much? Don’t really think so, and it looks like an oversight. So now this trait should be 4 seconds instead, that’s just pure logic.

in Ranger

Posted by: THEmeltor.7295

THEmeltor.7295

Then we are talking.

Your point is invalid.

Frenzy’s “compensation” isn’t much help either….now you get 50% more damage taken for 6 seconds (traited) instead of 4 (or 5, now, post patch) – with only half the benefit. Not really a compensation.

in Ranger

Posted by: Seisyll.5914

Seisyll.5914

Well don’t forget that with QZ ranger can’t heal himself for 5 seconds

80 Ranger | 80 Thief | 80 Ele | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior | 80 Engineer | 80 Necromancer
Piken Square

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

+1. I’m in for BM5 trait buff in duration.

EDIT: I did a little more testing. 2 second quickness is no longer viable if you rely on pet damage. The freshly switched pets takes too long to initiate the first attack and by the time it lands a second attack, the quickness is already gone. (Tested using canines and felines).

(edited by kiwituatara.6053)

in Ranger

The Chosen Link.3247

+1. I’m in for BM5 trait buff in duration.

EDIT: I did a little more testing. 2 second quickness is no longer viable if you rely on pet damage. The freshly switched pets takes too long to initiate the first attack and by the time it lands a second attack, the quickness is already gone. (Tested using canines and felines).

Right. Before I also took advantage of quickness to speed up their F2 skills upon switching, they would almost cast them instantly and now there’s a clear lag between switch and cast with 50% quickness.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Then we are talking.

Your point is invalid.

Time Warp is haste without a drawback, has longest duration, works on five people and was probably most of the reason for the haste nerf to begin with so… Not really feeling your pain there.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.