BUG: Unresponsive Pets & Skill No. 3 [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Irenio best dev!

He is a totally awesome developer and a super-nice person, too!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Ranger

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I just merged a few more threads, and wanted to update you on the bug with Skill No. 3. That, too, has been addressed and you should see that fix rolling out very soon!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

in Ranger

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Merged about half a dozen threads, and I’m hoping that this thread will give you all the info you need on two significant bugs for the Ranger.

If I missed anything, please note it in this thread, but rest assured that the devs are reading this forum, and are actively working on any issues that you point out.

Thanks for letting us know about the situations!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

in Ranger

Posted by: Bleak Advent.9840

Bleak Advent.9840

Thank you for the response Gaile. I felt like all the ranger mains were in the dark for a while there. Glad to know a fix is in the works!

Ulfgaldr – Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

Hey guys,

I met up with Irenio, who was heading into my area of the building to talk to me about this very bug. As it turns out, it’s quite a complicated issue and that’s why it took a while to address. But… it has been addressed, yaaay! The fix for this issue should be going out very soon, perhaps before the end of the week.

Naturally, for something this complicated, there are a lot of “layers to the onion” in getting it resolved, but it is very much in the devs’ minds, and help is on the way for our beloved, but lazy-seeming, pets!

Figured it was a tricky problem if it was taking this long. Good to hear you guys are able to throw out a fix soon though. Good work!

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Posted by: DocNW.9462

DocNW.9462

I am wondering if anyone else is having a problem with the Trait Natural Healing?

All 3 of my rangers get 0 heals for the pet from it. Have had a couple others say it works fine on their Rangers… Now I am wondering if it’s just me ….

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

@Gaile;

Any word on staff 3? Or quickness not interacting with pets?

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Hidden Dragon.7523

Hidden Dragon.7523

Hey guys,

I met up with Irenio, who was heading into my area of the building to talk to me about this very bug. As it turns out, it’s quite a complicated issue and that’s why it took a while to address. But… it has been addressed, yaaay! The fix for this issue should be going out very soon, perhaps before the end of the week.

Naturally, for something this complicated, there are a lot of “layers to the onion” in getting it resolved, but it is very much in the devs’ minds, and help is on the way for our beloved, but lazy-seeming, pets!

Woohoo!! Thank you so much! Now Jolt is going to be eager to headbutt people again instead of groggily waddling into battle.

Does this mean also a fix on Staff skill 3?

in Ranger

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hey guys,

Onion layers are pretty simple. I think the phrase you want is “a barrel of spaghetti” or “a vat of spaghetti” :P

in Ranger

DocNW.9462

Hey guys,

Onion layers are pretty simple. I think the phrase you want is “a barrel of spaghetti” or “a vat of spaghetti” :P

Maybe a vat of gumbo…lol

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Merged about half a dozen threads, and I’m hoping that this thread will give you all the info you need on two significant bugs for the Ranger.

If I missed anything, please note it in this thread, but rest assured that the devs are reading this forum, and are actively working on any issues that you point out.

Thanks for letting us know about the situations!

Thank You for relaying this back to us. And for putting up with our forum habits ;P

I remember a certain shout rework thread that someone might have helped saved from obliteration by merging at one point.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Thank you for the update – this is great news – glad to hear the fix will be out soon!

in Ranger

Posted by: DeadTreeJig.6714

DeadTreeJig.6714

Happy ranger is happy.

When a man lies he murders some part of the world – Paul Gerhardt
Just so we’re clear, I’m a solo player – Kirito
Live, Laugh, Love Kill Dredge – DedTreeJig

in Ranger

Posted by: Deadly Moonshiner.1354

Deadly Moonshiner.1354

I just merged a few more threads, and wanted to update you on the bug with Skill No. 3. That, too, has been addressed and you should see that fix rolling out very soon!

THANKS. Great news indeed.

in Ranger

Posted by: treizebee.2091

treizebee.2091

Awesome!
Reiterating the need to look into the actual healing coming from the new minor trait ‘Rugged Growth’. It still heals for far less then what is on the tooltip.
Would be cool to fully benefit from a new minor trait that has replaced the beloved Bark Skin.

in Ranger

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Thanks gaile!

Your the best communications manager by far even if there is only one of you.

in Ranger

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

@Gaile;

You may have missed my comment: I just merged a few more threads, and wanted to update you on the bug with Skill No. 3. That, too, has been addressed and you should see that fix rolling out very soon!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

in Ranger

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Awesome!
Reiterating the need to look into the actual healing coming from the new minor trait ‘Rugged Growth’. It still heals for far less then what is on the tooltip.
Would be cool to fully benefit from a new minor trait that has replaced the beloved Bark Skin.

I am not aware of this one and cannot say what’s up, whether it’s a problem with the skill stats or with the description. Thanks for bringing it up.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

in Ranger

Posted by: vVe.4276

vVe.4276

Thank you! This was very needed!

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

@Gaile;

You may have missed my comment: I just merged a few more threads, and wanted to update you on the bug with Skill No. 3. That, too, has been addressed and you should see that fix rolling out very soon!

Yeah, I saw it after the fact. But thanks for taking the time to respond anyhow.

And the communication. I know it’s your job, but I also remember that you’re a Ranger player and was looking forward to fixes just as much as the rest of us!

Happy gaming!

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Elcoyote solitaire.9052

Elcoyote solitaire.9052

Is the HP and toughness of pets in WvW actually a bug or it’s the new mechanic? My fernhound died from the veteran harpy, which is quite a joke. If it’s how it is from now, then you just killed the core ranger and you assume we will all buy the new expansion. No matter what is the plans for the new expac, rangers didn’t deserve such a nerf bat in the nuts.

in Ranger

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Is the HP and toughness of pets in WvW actually a bug or it’s the new mechanic? My fernhound died from the veteran harpy, which is quite a joke. If it’s how it is from now, then you just killed the core ranger and you assume we will all buy the new expansion. No matter what is the plans for the new expac, rangers didn’t deserve such a nerf bat in the nuts.

Hi,

I didn’t talk to Irenio about WvW specifically, and I’ve not noticed this phenomenon myself, but I appreciate your insights.

Have other Rangers noticed this situation, as well? I’d like to see if there’s anything to be learned, as the more I know about general feedback, the better I will be able to express the question or concern.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

My pet seemed to die pretty quickly fighting camp guards compared to the last time, but it might be placebo.

in Ranger

Posted by: gogogodofwind.9630

gogogodofwind.9630

makes my call of the wild utterly useless lol -________-. F2 skill is really delayed as well. Half the time i swap out, it even takes a mere 1 sec to even see it visually pop up lol. just sad

in Ranger

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

I’m now noticing pet going invisble for a short duration after swapping. I don’t think it will cause any issues, but seems like a minor bug.

in Ranger

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I’ll respost it here.
It hasn’t been fully fixed as far as I can tell. There’s a small delay still (pretty annoying), pet’s F2s don’t respond immediately after pet-swaping (completely negating some damage combos in the process). Then there’s the everlasting issue of quickness not fully working on some pets.

And as I’ve been reading, I’d have to agree, pets feel squishier for some reason.

in Ranger

Posted by: donsio.3581

donsio.3581

I’ll respost it here.
It hasn’t been fully fixed as far as I can tell. There’s a small delay still (pretty annoying), pet’s F2s don’t respond immediately after pet-swaping (completely negating some damage combos in the process). Then there’s the everlasting issue of quickness not fully working on some pets.

And as I’ve been reading, I’d have to agree, pets feel squishier for some reason.

Noticed this as well.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

I noticed that when after pet swap you spam F1 button the pet starts attacking right away, even before his model fully loads.
Thank you for trying to fix the bug, but, please, don’t stop on a half way.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I noticed that when after pet swap you spam F1 button the pet starts attacking right away, even before his model fully loads.
Thank you for trying to fix the bug, but, please, don’t stop on a half way.

This.

Gaile, you need to bring this to the devs attention yet again, since it still not working right. The devs should take a look at the code before and after the balance patch, since it was working just fine prior to that.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

Nope.

It’s faster but it’s still delayed, like a second or a bit less.

:/

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I can agree with the previous posts. There does still seem to be a small delay after swapping pets. Not game breaking but enough to throw off some of the stronger swap based combos.

Thanks to you and Irenio for bringing us this information by the way. We really do appreciate it.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I would imagine Anet keeps different versions of their game stored, right?
If so, go back to the version you had prior to this balance patch and compare, and please compare it from a dedicated players view, since I would imagine most casuals won’t even notice the difference at all.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

DocNW.9462

Hi,

I didn’t talk to Irenio about WvW specifically, and I’ve not noticed this phenomenon myself, but I appreciate your insights.

Have other Rangers noticed this situation, as well? I’d like to see if there’s anything to be learned, as the more I know about general feedback, the better I will be able to express the question or concern.

My pets are melting in PVE against otherwise trash mobs… It makes easy fights a pain in the pixels…

in Ranger

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hey guys,

I just heard from Irenio, and he mentioned that there is a second fix going in that should eliminate a few lingering issues with the Pet Swap delay. The situation was only partially addressed the first time around but the whole issue should be fully resolved with this second pass.

Naturally if you continue to have issues, we want to hear it, and we’ll keep an eye on this thread in case you need to report something. However, I believe this will render this bug “done and dusted.”

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Cool. Thanks for the update and fixing Instinctive Reaction and Taste for Danger a couple of days back.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

in Ranger

Orion Templar.4589

Hey guys,

I just heard from Irenio, and he mentioned that there is a second fix going in that should eliminate a few lingering issues with the Pet Swap delay. The situation was only partially addressed the first time around but the whole issue should be fully resolved with this second pass.

Naturally if you continue to have issues, we want to hear it, and we’ll keep an eye on this thread in case you need to report something. However, I believe this will render this bug “done and dusted.”

Excellent – thank you for that update! Definitely looking forward to having a responsive pet immediately after swap once again.

in Ranger

Previous

Gaile Gray

Hey guys,

Excellent – thank you for that update! Definitely looking forward to having a responsive pet immediately after swap once again.

Yep, yep. They’ve been slacking off far too long.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

in Ranger

Orion Templar.4589

Was playing after the recent patch and my pets are now fully awake and not slacking off after swap!

in Ranger

Posted by: Aquamarine.3698

Aquamarine.3698

Thanks for fixing the pet slacking bug, there are some weird glitches around.

1. There is a very small duration after pet swap, which makes the pet visually invisible.
2. The passive effects like signets’ passives, opening strike are disabled for few seconds after pet swap.

in Ranger

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

I can confirm the passive effects of signets and opening strike take ~8 sec to become active upon pet swap.
This is a huge issue particularly for builds using remorseless or druids relying on signet of renewal passive effect to build up astral force.

Plz have the devs do another bug pass, do not let these issues linger on until the next major patch .

see no evil ,until i stab you