BW not working on WvW guards

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Anyone been having this issue recently? It seems pretty repeatable to me, I usually interrupt their heals but not anymore.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Hi Fluffball – I’ve seen it happen in general out in WvW but assume it is skill and network lag.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I guess that might be the case with everything queued. I thought that only happened near large zerg fights though?

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Why would it be network lag?

Network lag wasn’t an issue before the patch.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Because there are a metric ton more players across every map? I can’t vouch for this specific issue but when I see it maps are full and we have 30+ deep queues on every map. I see it happen when solo, duo, group of 5, and zergs. No one can be around yet you feel it on your comp.

I was fighting another Druid oddly enough by Quentin Lake and while movement was somewhat fluent both of our skills just didn’t trigger. Point blank, staff, whatever. Then skills would work but then there was one that wouldn’t. We both ended up disengaging, partied up, and tried to figure it out. Later had it not working on a guard. So for me, it doesn’t seem to be sentry specific or guards but more network in general.

Now we have more full maps (those not on T1 anyway), queues, and map chat with people talking about latency (both client and network). Prior to WvW patch I didn’t have these issues nearly as much outside heavy Friday resets.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Fair enough. I didn’t know the latency was a recent problem. Haven’t got a chance to try it yet.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Fair enough. I didn’t know the latency was a recent problem. Haven’t got a chance to try it yet.

probably with the amount of new players using condi builds are melting the servers processors….
Right now I’m living the dream fighting against full map blobs of burning guardians, condi revs and condi reapers… It’s like chipping wood with a butter knife.

The battles last for an eternity.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Just as a low interest update, I posted this in the bug forum. I can replicate it 100% of the time so I doubt it’s lag. Heal used to stop, we get the interrupt text and the heal no longer stops.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

I don’t think BW ever worked on Guards tbh…

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

It did to stop heals, that’s how I tested it the day it became a trait. There is no reason an interrupt should not work on NPCs. Especially if the game literally says “interrupt” when you do it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

It did to stop heals, that’s how I tested it the day it became a trait. There is no reason an interrupt should not work on NPCs. Especially if the game literally says “interrupt” when you do it.

really? In that case it’s bugged since HoT release. Didn’t use it much before, but i can’t remember interrupting guards heals with it.
Oh and i don’t say it shouldn’t work on NPCs. I just stated that i don’t remember it doing that at any time.

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

BW was my standard operating procedure on camps, it saved about 15 seconds or so. I have not played WvW super intensely for a few months out of staleness, so I can’t say for sure when it changed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

It’s been that way for at least half a year, probably longer. I know it hasn’t interrupted heals since they brought the Alpine bl’s back, can’t say for sure before that because I took time off when the only options were EBG or the kittenty desert bl’s.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Lol at your signature, Puck.

The interrupt text was probably covering up the problem. I kept seeing the text and thinking everything was working, and it wasn’t until I started playing tons of WvW again that I noticed they were still gaining health.