Base ranger lb/gs build for pvp

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARTnUqA1Ci9CC+rActghFhav8A4o9QvES9PKOhXuEpfG-TJBGQBBZ/hAWGAAPBgFcJAAA

This is a shout trooper/seeker amulet base ranger dropped druid for MM, Ive found some success with this build and wanted to share it for all those burnt out with support druid (get quite burnt out with staff since I use it to support my guildies when we havoc) . Will this be meta hell no, I’m not delusional but its fun and I’ve got quite a few whispers saying stuff like wow how did you do that? yea its nothing too crazy diff from the shout build just a bit more bursty and has an unblock-able pet and MOC for some crazy bursts

My main combo with it is :,(ss uses unrelenting assault at the start of the fight I time it with lb2, then swap pets and weapons, gs 3 and start the BB fire animation(which is unblock-able due to clarion bond), then daze with skill 5, and maul, and if im lucky i would’ve interrupted a heal or skill and proc MOC for some crazy sick burst,

Mico managing and understanding pet behavior and weapon swaping is essential to this build

Pros
decent 1v1er with a near constant protection up-time, and using “guard” during heavy bursts it can take quite a bit of flat damage, at least enough to get your burst off,

Burst can be really good, also great for plus+1ing a fight,

nobody expects this build, Ive gotten some whispers like holy kitten how did you do that.

Super fun (fingers in ears la la la meta menders I can’t hear you)

Cons
Yea its not meta, doesn’t have the crazy reset elite specs offer
condi mesmer, and support ele will give you trouble
Good luck trying to stay on point in areas like forest red home or water in legacy
Selfish build best suited for solo play

some notes about using it effectively

sigils are up to you I just like my quickness and some life steal (maybe leeching, hydromancy, and battle are better for GS)

Consider running remorseless instead of lead the wind for some deeps increase, I prefer lead so i can pierce through minions clones, lb 4 peeps trying to rez or stomp

use sig of renawal sparingly I like it cause it always seems to catch that one pesky burn or torment I couldn’t clear. I only pop it when im about to be super fged. consider running stone instead. also can take the sig cd reduction trait but I personally love MOC and get 6-8k mauls with it.

Just figured Id share something I’m using.
Disclaimer: no I’m not a hardcore pro pvper or crazy sick youtube guy, but I mainly wvw, and pvp when its slow, and duel when I can so I think I might have a decent build and have a little semblense of something.

Tell me what do you guys thing? what are some off-meta builds ya’ll are trying, what are some ways I might be able to improve this build?

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Since the news of the upcoming rev nerfs ive been trying to run dps ranger builds as well lately. Issue is against some comps it just feels like its almost impossible to land damage reliably. And I find myself in long drawn out duels which LUCKILY shout ranger is well suited for. But it defeats the purpose of the build as far as team fights go.

How have you faired against comps that counter the build you run? Do you still feel overall effective? (I.E. You feel that even in another setup you would have about the same effectiveness)

Playing DPS ranger atleast for me feels pretty RNG heavy. With the builds effectiveness depending less on the SKILL of your opponents than what build they happen to be running.

But then its been a long time since I ran a glass build. paladins druid being my norm. Which could color my perspective a bit.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Since the news of the upcoming rev nerfs ive been trying to run dps ranger builds as well lately. Issue is against some comps it just feels like its almost impossible to land damage reliably. And I find myself in long drawn out duels which LUCKILY shout ranger is well suited for. But it defeats the purpose of the build as far as team fights go.

How have you faired against comps that counter the build you run? Do you still feel overall effective? (I.E. You feel that even in another setup you would have about the same effectiveness)

Playing DPS ranger atleast for me feels pretty RNG heavy. With the builds effectiveness depending less on the SKILL of your opponents than what build they happen to be running.

But then its been a long time since I ran a glass build. paladins druid being my norm. Which could color my perspective a bit.

Like i said ruunning long bow you WILL have trouble with reflects, the key there is to swap your pet and go melee.
Against an organized team this build is eh, however in pug patches or douing ive found it to be a fantasic +1
the key being picking your targets,
Im not going to sit there try to brawl with and condi mes or tank ele but just about every other class I’m not having any problems with.
(guards are actually are pretty easy to kill once you get past the medi invuln as your pet will burst through there blocks)s

Anyways to answer your question yea I tend to have trouble with comps that counter, however I try to find the weak gap in the team which being any other class or just move to and with a team mate.

alternate comps I suppose running sword/warhorn may work better in stead of gs, right now. maybe you could work druid in there but ive found a definite gain in dps when running mm over druid
I’m also experimenting with runes of rev, 3 1/3 secs of Resistance every 20 secs aint bad
and using sigil of generosity and purity on my weapons to make up for loss of cleanse

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in Ranger

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

i am a condi druid i have to give you long bow users props for using them. i tried and failed at it bad. i come across a good long bow user maybe once or twice a week so its clear its hard to master. but seems well worth it when you do i just do not have the patience for it. took me long enough to get really good with all the flying around i do. long bow seems much harder to master

master jedi david