Be Proud, Fellow Rangers!

in Ranger

Posted by: Effect.6408

Effect.6408

We have been through it all! Countless amounts of nerfs, constant down-talking, lies regarding patches to fix our ever-favorite profession and a blatant lack of people wanting us in their groups.

However, that being said, we can still be the saving grace in many situations! I, myself have led my entire group consisting of mesmers, warriors, and guardians that got wiped on a boss and solo’d it for the win.

We’re much better than given credit for, as we still manage to be viable despite all our hardships, so be proud my friends!

Feel free to share any of your own situations in which YOU were the reason your team succeeded! <3

in Ranger

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I salute you rangers for your ability to take blow after blow. but once they make your pets smart and stronger then a wet paper bag. you will be a force to be fear.

#ELEtism

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Our pets aren’t strong? news to me…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Last surviving player along whole team – rezzing death allies and using his devourers to distract the enemies from that.
4 rangers+ mes better in dung than 4 warriors+ranger,
seeing all that “tanky” another profession build dying when I still survive…
Yes there are things to be proud of being ranger.

PS. When I’m reading lot of crying about “how ranger sux” In a whole lot situations can’t stop from laughting….

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Ranger

Posted by: Kendra Nightwind.8734

Kendra Nightwind.8734

I fully agree, Rangers are the best profession in the game. Using a GP build (no trait higher than 20) I consistantly much on every other profession other than thieves on those rare trips into WvW.
There have been several times when playing in small groups where I was the last one standing at the end of a hard fight. It is interesting to note that quite often mobs will focus in on and chase a ranger before they can be bothered with a warrior.

in Ranger

Posted by: jamesigall.5938

jamesigall.5938

Playing in AC explore with a group of pretty average 75-80 players, me at 40, watching them all go down to a single Kohler ability cast, then reviving them all one by one inside healing spring (with search and rescue pet helping out as well).

While I know my ranger isn’t going to be picked for a CoF speed run, its fun sometimes to find yourself in a group with some of those zerker warriors and watch them wipe on things like Kohler due to not knowing any mechanics apart from how to get their CoF tokens asap.

I have to say im finding the entertainment of playing ranger better than playing warrior, and probably equal or even above dd ele (maybe thats just because i burnt out on that, but maybe not).

80 DPS War / 80 DPS Ranger / 80 Support Guard
Blacktalon
Army of Devona [AoD]

in Ranger

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

This thread is sad… They nerfed ranger again and you people still blabber about how great this class is. You’re beating a dead horse.
You even start to delude yourself with stuff like “tehee, it’s not like that! totally NOT like that! THEY DIDNT ABANDON US!”

Anet totally broke you, through and through.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

Everytime I read one of those “Rangers are great – learn to play” replys I am fairly sure that person never has played anything else…
My main is/was a Ranger – I play it well…. yes I can do good (for a Ranger) but then I made a Warrior (and also a Guardian and an Elementalist) to level 80….. oh man… what a difference…
So please – dont say “Rangers are super….” they simply are not – not if you try another class…
So many things are borked with the Ranger its not even funny any more…

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Everytime I read one of those “Rangers are great – learn to play” replys I am fairly sure that person never has played anything else…
My main is/was a Ranger – I play it well…. yes I can do good (for a Ranger) but then I made a Warrior (and also a Guardian and an Elementalist) to level 80….. oh man… what a difference…
So please – dont say “Rangers are super….” they simply are not – not if you try another class…

I play a ranger (main pending but that’s more for RP reasons you care nothing about), ele, engi, mes, and another ranger because i wanted to have more rangers…

Gotta say though, ranger certainly isn’t -weak- or -bad- so idk where half these people kittening about ranger are getting this from, i’m just assuming they don’t understand how to manage their pet therefore they’re doing bad and therefore they think rangers sux.

It’s like that amazing period back in Beta through like freaking November where all the people though eles completely sucked and were teh worst prof in the game, now look, no major buffs (other than downed state) and eles are considered to be OP. Ranger is CLEARLY in the same situation, there’s a high skill floor unlike every other pet prof i’ve ever played (minus SWG, you had as much pet management in that as you did in GW2).

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Our pets aren’t strong? news to me…

Have you been on LSD, living under a rock, this rock being on an asteroid, this asteroid being deep within a black hole where not even light or sound can escape, this black hole being in another universe, this universe being in the matrix?

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Ranger

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I play a ranger (main pending but that’s more for RP reasons you care nothing about), ele, engi, mes, and another ranger because i wanted to have more rangers…

Gotta say though, ranger certainly isn’t -weak- or -bad- so idk where half these people kittening about ranger are getting this from, i’m just assuming they don’t understand how to manage their pet therefore they’re doing bad and therefore they think rangers sux.

It’s like that amazing period back in Beta through like freaking November where all the people though eles completely sucked and were teh worst prof in the game, now look, no major buffs (other than downed state) and eles are considered to be OP. Ranger is CLEARLY in the same situation, there’s a high skill floor unlike every other pet prof i’ve ever played (minus SWG, you had as much pet management in that as you did in GW2).

I disagree with you all the way. I’m an RPer here and I’ve done the math. Our class is mediocre and weak across the board, and worse yet we’re plagued by people who claim to be skillgods and down-talk everyone who has a different opinion as “bad”.

If you want to fantasize about our profession being good with longbow, axe, sword, and our pets working, and our abilities making sense, and our spirits not dying whenever someone farts, go ahead and do it. Just don’t incorporate it in your posts.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears