Be in Peace Ranger.........

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

I have come to the realization that all these talks about how “equal treatment” our class is, are all Deceptions and Empty Words; especially to many of us who are Passionate and Hopeful for the Future of the Ranger class.

Well, I’m here to confirm that Arena net isn’t Passionate and Hopeful for this class either. In fact, many of us choose to be in denial that they are.

They have made it Perfectly clear “the devil in the details” that Ranger class has been long dead and buried. The “Ranger” we are seeing is the “zombification” of a Dead Lost Ranger who is wandering looking for its dead body to lay to rest forever.

Everything about this “zombie” Ranger attracts (Unjustified Nerfs), deaths, pain, brokenness,fragility, isolation, remorse and Sufferings.

These are all we Rangers experience and witness, time and time over again.

I ask,

Why Torment the Dead?

What Pleasure do you find in keeping the dead/Lost Ranger alive?

What Pleasure do you find in Punishing and inducing Agony, Suffering to the dead/Lost Ranger, over and over again?

What Pleasure do you find in pretending that there’s life left in the dead/Lost Ranger?

Why the continuously Imprisoning the dead/Lost Ranger in Guild Wars 2?

The dead/Lost Ranger is immune to Words, Hope and Promises….it has heard them many times before its dying breath.

So many Deaths by the silent stealth and Nerfs who continuously robbing us from our sleep.

We all must Unite and demand Arena net to finally lay to rest our Dead/Lost Ranger to its everlasting Final Peaceful death

Malice,Torment, Pain, Agony and Suffering will cease.
Silent stealth will cease.
Nerfs will cease.
Empty words will cease.
Empty Promises will cease.
Sorrow will cease
Brokeness will cease..

Dead/Lost Ranger silent cry, “I was Never Alive, I Died Long Ago

In Memory of Beloved Ranger

Guild Wars

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Im all for yelling from the rooftops how much anet screwed up rangers with the last patch, but that OP was some serious emo.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Dude. Go outside. Now.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Burnfall, you made me cringe again. Here I thought you changed :/

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Im all for yelling from the rooftops how much anet screwed up rangers with the last patch, but that OP was some serious emo.

not going to lie i lol’d

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Ranger

Posted by: Miiro.3124

Miiro.3124

so tired of reading posts about how bad rangers are. I do fine on my ranger. you guys over exaggerate so kittening much its painful. I understood after the patch you guys would cry and cry but its been a couple weeks now… Can you guys grow a pair and move on or get better with the current ranger? kkthx

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Jade Quarry Champion Hunter
Solo/Small man WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

so tired of reading posts about how bad rangers are. I do fine on my ranger. you guys over exaggerate so kittening much its painful. I understood after the patch you guys would cry and cry but its been a couple weeks now… Can you guys grow a pair and move on or get better with the current ranger? kkthx

I love deluding myself too.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Ranger

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

The day my SB hit at 900m max is the day i’m starting to love my Ranger on my previous mmo all over again. Ty Anet. You opened my eyes. Just spend $60 on it a moment ago

in Ranger

Miiro.3124

I love deluding myself too.

I’m far from fooling myself sir.

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Solo/Small man WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Sry, Miiro. I can’t entirely agree with you.

Rangers aren’t as terribad as some say. But they are nowhere near where they should be power-wise. There is a reason why the entire community considers them the worst in dungeons and WvW. It’s not because the community is only filled with bad players. It’s because the ranger has serious issues that affect it’s performance. The only reason it’s not at the bottom in PvP is that many of it’s issues are partially mitigated by the point defense style of play in PvP.

We’re not dead, but rangers are in serious need of a revamp. If you can’t see that, then you are one of the many players holding us back by telling ANet that we are fine where we are.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Ranger

Posted by: Zacchaeed.2834

Zacchaeed.2834

That was really sad and unnecessary.

The class is really not that bad, it’s just the idiots who don’t know how to use them i.e. Crossfire + Healing Spring + Crossfire + Healing Spring + Crossfire.

A useless addition to any party.

Tarnished Coast
Zacchaeed – Warrior | Alfvaldr – Guardian

in Ranger

Miiro.3124

Rangers aren’t as terribad as some say. But they are nowhere near where they should be power-wise. There is a reason why the entire community considers them the worst in dungeons and WvW. It’s not because the community is only filled with bad players. It’s because the ranger has serious issues that affect it’s performance. The only reason it’s not at the bottom in PvP is that many of it’s issues are partially mitigated by the point defense style of play in PvP.

We’re not dead, but rangers are in serious need of a revamp. If you can’t see that, then you are one of the many players holding us back by telling ANet that we are fine where we are.

These are the exaggerations I’m talking about. If you said only in Dungeon groups I would agree. But wvw and spvp are completely fine on ranger. No need to cry and throw your tears in the air. If you cant play ranger effectively maybe you should try another class. I cant play every class great but it doesnt mean those classes suck or need buffs. It means I’m not experienced enough to play it well. My feelings arent hurt and either should yours.

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Solo/Small man WvW

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

These are the exaggerations I’m talking about. If you said only in Dungeon groups I would agree. But wvw and spvp are completely fine on ranger. No need to cry and throw your tears in the air. If you cant play ranger effectively maybe you should try another class. I cant play every class great but it doesnt mean those classes suck or need buffs. It means I’m not experienced enough to play it well. My feelings arent hurt and either should yours.

You completely misread me. Many people consider the ranger at the bottom in WvW. That’s not my personal view, but I do refuse to take my ranger in there. I WvW with an alt as I personally consider it not powerful enough for WvW.

And for PvP? I said that it is not the weakest there. I know there are a couple viable builds for the reasons that I stated.

I’ve run a ranger since launch. I still main the ranger. Over 2.3k hours of my 3.8k hours have been spent on her. She is my primary chara for dungeons and I’m quite skilled with the class. I’m not crying. Simply stating the issues with the class.

Please read my full response again before claiming I stated things I did not.

in Ranger

Miiro.3124

you are agreeing with the community that is crying, how did i misread?

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Solo/Small man WvW

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

you are agreeing with the community that is crying, how did i misread?

I am agreeing that the community has some valid points. Not all the points that get brought up are valid, but many are.

I don’t ‘cry’ about the state of the ranger. I discuss it civilly with others and we try to not only figure out how to maximize what we can do, but how the class could be improved to bring it in line with the others. That isn’t ‘crying’. That is mature conversation.

in Ranger

Miiro.3124

I think you are taking what I said too personally. I mean the community is crying, not you. Post something about fixing a problem instead of stating what it is. Everyone has read the same posts about how bad rangers are and why for the last 3 weeks. All I’m saying is you the COMMUNITY quit crying and throwing your tears in the air. It solves nothing, as you know and still cry. Make new builds and share them or talk about new ideas to make ranger better. But making a post saying “i cant play ranger and this is why so ill quit but not really”. Its not helpful or insightful for new players or new rangers.

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Solo/Small man WvW

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

I think you are taking what I said too personally. I mean the community is crying, not you. Post something about fixing a problem instead of stating what it is. Everyone has read the same posts about how bad rangers are and why for the last 3 weeks. All I’m saying is you the COMMUNITY quit crying and throwing your tears in the air. It solves nothing, as you know and still cry. Make new builds and share them or talk about new ideas to make ranger better. But making a post saying “i cant play ranger and this is why so ill quit but not really”. Its not helpful or insightful for new players or new rangers.

Nah. Nothin’ personal about it.

Yes, some of the community is crying. And each and every time us good rangers step in and politely correct them. But it is bad if we overstate where the class is. That is even more harmful is it gives ANet the idea that we’re in a good place. We’re not. We’re doing decently, but we’re not good. Not yet.

S’all I’m sayin’.

in Ranger

Miiro.3124

Its not an overstatement to say that rangers are fine. Which is what I said in my first post. Rangers are fine, even you agree.

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Solo/Small man WvW

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Its not an overstatement to say that rangers are fine. Which is what I said in my first post. Rangers are fine, even you agree.

Fine? Yes. Good? Not outside of sPvP.

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

People fight over the darnedest things.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Ranger

Miiro.3124

Rangers can kill duos, solo, pretty well in WvW if played right, to me that means they are fine, and we shouldn’t kitten about stuff that wont change until anet wants to change them.

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Solo/Small man WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Bredin.5368

Bredin.5368

You’re on Jade Quarry, the servers you’re up against usually are jus full of bads. I wouldn’t be surprised if a ranger can pull off duos there. Any class could probably do fine on one of the biggest zerg ball servers there is. I don’t get how that means the ranger doesn’t have issues though. Try that kitten against Maguuma roamers , haha.

Maguuma, like any server, has some good players and mostly bads. Most players on all servers are “bads”.

That said, a well played ranger is a very viable class for 1v1. A single ranger would be hard pressed against two good players of any class that are spec’d for roaming/duels. But the same goes for almost any other class/build.

It’s fair to say, that in the current state of class balance and WvW, a ranger is in good shape for solo/roaming. The primary drawback is the lack of diversity for ranger builds that excel in that role.

I can’t really speak to how much a ranger can contribute to a zerg, since I rarely am in one.

in Ranger

Miiro.3124

You’re on Jade Quarry, the servers you’re up against usually are jus full of bads. I wouldn’t be surprised if a ranger can pull off duos there. Any class could probably do fine on one of the biggest zerg ball servers there is. I don’t get how that means the ranger doesn’t have issues though. Try that kitten against Maguuma roamers , haha.

When im killing the duos i myself am not standing inside of a zerg ball and either are they so what you are saying is kind of irrelevant. Sure the players are not good, hell i beat a 4 man once completely solo. My point which is the reason im here and you are reading is that rangers are fine 1v1. in 2v2s. and 5v5s. Are we the best? no. are we second best? probably not. But are we fine? yes. Should people complain for 4 solid week? probably not. If your only defense now is that rangers arent good because i play on JQ and other people zerg there, then we are in bad shape brother.

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Solo/Small man WvW

(edited by Miiro.3124)

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Burnfall: he’s trolling us

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

Maguuma, like any server, has some good players and mostly bads. Most players on all servers are “bads”.

That said, a well played ranger is a very viable class for 1v1. A single ranger would be hard pressed against two good players of any class that are spec’d for roaming/duels. But the same goes for almost any other class/build.

It’s fair to say, that in the current state of class balance and WvW, a ranger is in good shape for solo/roaming. The primary drawback is the lack of diversity for ranger builds that excel in that role.

I can’t really speak to how much a ranger can contribute to a zerg, since I rarely am in one.

What build is good for wvw? I spent a few days out there and ran back to pvp after getting face rolled countless times. I fought a warrior which was close and then he changed weapon and I couldn’t do anything after that. He was stuck to me like glue and my gs couldn’t out dps him and my longbow knockback and pet fears/root/knockbacks didn’t last long enough to keep him off me.

I fought some kind of healing ele. I couldn’t do anything as a power/survival ranger. I used my fear, root, knockbacks.. timed my damage and it didn’t last long enough for him to get out and heal up and bash me again. Lost 5 rounds.

I fought a guardian, this was a fun fight. Was 50/50 on wins/loses.

I fought a mesmer. Mass stealth/condition build and had no chance. I stayed on mesmer entire time, but my dps just wan’t enough. I am actually gearing up my mesmer for this now and so far in pvp I have taken on 3+ people and won.

I did take out some down levels, 3 vs 1 and had some fun. Took out both down levels and a weak ranger. Got zerged after, but other then that all my fights were pretty lame.

I am playing ranger in wvw same as I would pvp, except trying to survive and use my surroundings in wvw. I was quite shocked at how different wvw was from pvp. I am confused as to why people think ranger is good in wvw…. but as I said what spec are you using that’s so amazing?

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

In fact, many of us choose to be in denial that they are.

Careful…. most of the Forum is currently in that Phase right now. (well the ones who haven’t quit already). they do it a little out of order here though (like everything they do) …and actually started with Bargaining, then —> Depression, --> Anger, —> and now Denial.

…hence all the threads about chasing the next “BIG DAMAGE #” that happens maybe once every 60 seconds when their signets & elites all line up together. (meanwhile they’re being of very little use to their team the other 52 seconds).

The folks who’ve already been to the Top of the Mountain have told them a dozen times now: “Roll a Guardian / Warrior before you talk about Damage #’s”. But if they’re not going to listen to those guys then there’s no way they’ll listen to some weird Artsy Emo post about it

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Ranger

Posted by: Bredin.5368

Bredin.5368

What build is good for wvw? I spent a few days out there and ran back to pvp after getting face rolled countless times. I fought a warrior which was close and then he changed weapon and I couldn’t do anything after that. He was stuck to me like glue and my gs couldn’t out dps him and my longbow knockback and pet fears/root/knockbacks didn’t last long enough to keep him off me.

I fought some kind of healing ele. I couldn’t do anything as a power/survival ranger. I used my fear, root, knockbacks.. timed my damage and it didn’t last long enough for him to get out and heal up and bash me again. Lost 5 rounds.

I fought a mesmer. Mass stealth/condition build and had no chance. I stayed on mesmer entire time, but my dps just wan’t enough. I am actually gearing up my mesmer for this now and so far in pvp I have taken on 3+ people and won.

I did take out some down levels, 3 vs 1 and had some fun. Took out both down levels and a weak ranger. Got zerged after, but other then that all my fights were pretty lame.

I am playing ranger in wvw same as I would pvp, except trying to survive and use my surroundings in wvw. I was quite shocked at how different wvw was from pvp. I am confused as to why people think ranger is good in wvw…. but as I said what spec are you using that’s so amazing?

I run a variant of a build posted by Xorus. Here is what I have been running: http://tinyurl.com/lv8ukv3

I will swap out malicious training in MM for Keen Edge, and I’ll move the BM traits around a bit (for reduction on F2 and pet skills), depending on my mood.

This does very well roaming—I may get around to posting a video. You can burst down classes without heavy condition removal. If they do have good removal, you can still kill them by stacking more conditions than they can remove. But if an opponent is running condition duration reduction, and heave condition removal, it can be a looonggg fight.

It plays well against mesmers, and thieves. Good engineers can be a real problem, and necros can be dangerous as well. But this seems to stand up to any class I’ve met roaming. That said, if you are dueling at a fight club you are probably fighting good players, so I would expect the win rate to be lower than obtained during roaming/random encounters.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

Almost everyone who accuses other players of “crying” is a troll. It is an attempt to get under your skin and make you more angry. The “_______ is fine” meme is also a dead giveaway.

If you were ever on the hunter forums in WoW, you would have seen a dynamic identical to what we are seeing here, both in terms of how the developer treated the class (continuous nerfs while acknowledging that the class was lagging behind in all areas) and the rabid defense of fanboys and trolls. The comments here are verbatim straight from those forums, just substitute the word “ranger” for hunter.

Wading through troll/fanboy/braggart comments to get to what the intelligent and thoughtful people are saying grows pretty kitten ed old too, especially when the same hackneyed fanboy arguments and comments are repeated millions of times on dozens of game forums.

But to the OP, after reading that my ranger wants to release all his pets back into the wild, and /wrists with an arrowhead from her broken shortbow

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Too simplistic to categorize people into Trolls/Fanboys/Braggert. Maybe add a fourth category…Realists.

Many of the best played Rangers don’t often post on the forums. When they do you can spot right away they have a good idea what is going on with the class. They acknowledge Rangers aren’t the best…or the worst. They recognize where their could be some adjustments and fixes….but, they put a lot of hours into the class and know the strengths and weaknesses. They succeed with the class because they put the time into it. Those are the people I listen to….most of the time is in game.

Honestly, only a few people can jump right into a class and play it well. Even if you take a month off and play another class, when you come back to the Ranger you will be rusty. Same thing when you change builds or weapon sets. There is a learning curve. If you are not at the top of your game, you will struggle.

This is my opinion on WvW, which is all I play. In WvW the Ranger is more than playable. In the right hands, they are dominant…..yes, dominant. In fact so dominant it is not uncommon to hear in world chat …" that Ranger is taking camps again. He is headed north. Don’t try and stop him on your own because he will kill you. Bring a couple more at least"

I understand people frustration when they struggle in WvW. Who wouldn’t be frustrated when you die more than you win. What ends up frustrating them more is when they roll another class they think is really good…because when they play their Ranger this class beat them up pretty good. They head out into WvW, face a Ranger and get pummeled. I hate facing Rangers when I play another class. In general, they are tough to beat.

tldr – Put the time in to learn your class. Find a playstyle that fits your personality. Rangers are more than competitive in WvW

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

ilr.9675

This is my opinion on WvW, which is all I play.

Ah thanks for clarifying.

Oddly enough, the 2 classes I tend to worry the most about facing, well it sure ain’t ranger, but they’re in a similar vein… IE: a really good Mesmer or Engineer. Just seen a few in a few duo fights who were… scary for some reason. Wish I’d seen a ranger even once who left the same impression. But never did :\

Players on that tier are all pretty rare tho’ atleast in WvW

in Ranger

Miiro.3124

Players like that are rare indeed, but they do exsist, i think there are more than a handful but not alot on each tier matchup. So we are spread between matchups on our servers so its hard to run into each other. I wish we could would make WvW more fun for everybody trying to find good fights.

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Solo/Small man WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

Too simplistic to categorize people into Trolls/Fanboys/Braggert. Maybe add a fourth category…Realists.

Many of the best played Rangers don’t often post on the forums. When they do you can spot right away they have a good idea what is going on with the class. They acknowledge Rangers aren’t the best…or the worst. They recognize where their could be some adjustments and fixes….but, they put a lot of hours into the class and know the strengths and weaknesses. They succeed with the class because they put the time into it. Those are the people I listen to….most of the time is in game.

Honestly, only a few people can jump right into a class and play it well. Even if you take a month off and play another class, when you come back to the Ranger you will be rusty. Same thing when you change builds or weapon sets. There is a learning curve. If you are not at the top of your game, you will struggle.

This is my opinion on WvW, which is all I play. In WvW the Ranger is more than playable. In the right hands, they are dominant…..yes, dominant. In fact so dominant it is not uncommon to hear in world chat …" that Ranger is taking camps again. He is headed north. Don’t try and stop him on your own because he will kill you. Bring a couple more at least"

I understand people frustration when they struggle in WvW. Who wouldn’t be frustrated when you die more than you win. What ends up frustrating them more is when they roll another class they think is really good…because when they play their Ranger this class beat them up pretty good. They head out into WvW, face a Ranger and get pummeled. I hate facing Rangers when I play another class. In general, they are tough to beat.

tldr – Put the time in to learn your class. Find a playstyle that fits your personality. Rangers are more than competitive in WvW

Really the only opish ranger I have experimented with is regeneration, so I guess I have to go this route. I was really hoping for a hard hitting type, but alas it just doesn’t work.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The class is really not that bad, it’s just the idiots who don’t know how to use them i.e. Crossfire + Healing Spring + Crossfire + Healing Spring + Crossfire.

Out of curiosity, how exactly are you supposed to DPS with a shortbow?

in Ranger

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

By flanking. Flank you lazy ranger, FLANK darn you! Also by switching to your alternate set when you can, which involves a sword main hand.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

By flanking. Flank you lazy ranger, FLANK darn you! Also by switching to your alternate set when you can, which involves a sword main hand.

Or with a GS.

in Ranger

ilr.9675

Mainhand sword is a bit too much Style, & not enough Substance … even if you manage to master it. Can you toe to toe with a 1-hitting boss almost indefinitely with it? ….Assuming you’re traited right & popped Truffle Stew for extra dodging… Sure… But that and a dollar won’t even buy you a soda anymore.

What ranger really needs there is a 3rd Mainhand weapon somewhere in between the brainless Axe chucking & the MethFiend-tier timing/reflexes required for maximizing sword DPS on a glass-rampager (which is the ONLY stats that honestly makes sense for it). Everyone in between, has nothing solid to use there.

I’d propose Torch. Infact I’m wondering why we didn’t just get Torch as a mainhand from the Get Go? You’d have a better stationary condition stacking Auto… probably a really solid AOE on 2… and just for the hell of it, a great Block-to-Blind on 3. Something like that would go really really really well with Axe or Dagger offhand & exact the simplicity, grace, and intuitiveness of Guardian Greatsword Damage.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

I run a variant of a build posted by Xorus. Here is what I have been running: http://tinyurl.com/lv8ukv3

I will swap out malicious training in MM for Keen Edge, and I’ll move the BM traits around a bit (for reduction on F2 and pet skills), depending on my mood.

This does very well roaming—I may get around to posting a video. You can burst down classes without heavy condition removal. If they do have good removal, you can still kill them by stacking more conditions than they can remove. But if an opponent is running condition duration reduction, and heave condition removal, it can be a looonggg fight.

It plays well against mesmers, and thieves. Good engineers can be a real problem, and necros can be dangerous as well. But this seems to stand up to any class I’ve met roaming. That said, if you are dueling at a fight club you are probably fighting good players, so I would expect the win rate to be lower than obtained during roaming/random encounters.

I didn’t type that so you’re quoting the wrong person..

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

Players like that are rare indeed, but they do exsist, i think there are more than a handful but not alot on each tier matchup. So we are spread between matchups on our servers so its hard to run into each other. I wish we could would make WvW more fun for everybody trying to find good fights.

I’d like to duel you when JQ faces Maguuma , if that ever occurs.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Ranger

Miiro.3124

I’d like to duel you when JQ faces Maguuma , if that ever occurs.

Sure thing! Been hoping JQ gets bumped down but we keep getting transfers.

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Solo/Small man WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

You are completely correct Foranzi. I feel like Ranger is in quite a good place tbh.

And you only have to take a look at the other class forums and see ppl complaining about rangers to see that.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

Ranger is average in sPvP,pve, good/average roaming in WvW and really bad in Zergs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pnoi.8903

Pnoi.8903

For me sPvP and tPvP is all I play.

Personally, I match myself to adapt to classes I know I can beat, classes that I might struggle, and builds I know I can’t beat. I know people have done this: they fight to the death knowing they can’t beat the class they are currently fighting. Very often these are the same people who call other classes OP, and call rangers underpowered in PvP.

Especially when the new necros came out, I was shocked how I couldn’t beat them the first few days, but after a while of adjusting strategy and careful plan of attack, I win my 1 v 1s with the “op” necros. I agree they are a bit over the top, but that doesn’t make rangers underpowered does it?

Miro is right. My advice, ask for help. There are plenty of rangers out there willing to help you learn and fight like a champ (like me). In pvp the warrior is probably in the worst spot, and is receiving the short end of the stick, now this doesn’t mean there aren’t warriors out there who can’t win 1v1s. I know a few who play the class very well.

The profession doesn’t determine how you can win, the player behind him does. It’s like if you have a knife and I have a stick, if I work hard enough with my stick, I can beat you all the time even if you do have a knife. People don’t like to play the professions strengths, they like the “pew pew and your dead” strategy, which doesn’t work well with ranger class. You wanna pew pew? roll messies.

IGN : Pnoi

in Ranger

Posted by: Ramoth.5162

Ramoth.5162

I still run my ranger. Thank god I am in a small guild that will take me in a dungeon or wvwvw. But I take this class like most I choose. I play it. But this is from a person who ran a swordmaster and archmage (healing) in war hammer, so maybe I am just a masochist.

(edited by Ramoth.5162)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Ranger is average in sPvP,pve, good/average roaming in WvW and really bad in Zergs.

Ranger is not ‘really bad’ in zergs…

Spirit Ranger can bring:

150 precision for everyone
Water field
Fire field
AOE poison
Protection for everyone
Burning for everyone
10% damage increase for everyone
Passive healing for everyone
Group rez for everyone

That’s just off the top of my head…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Ranger is not ‘really bad’ in zergs…

Spirit Ranger can bring:

150 precision for everyone
Water field
Fire field
AOE poison
Protection for everyone
Burning for everyone
10% damage increase for everyone
Passive healing for everyone
Group rez for everyone

That’s just off the top of my head…

“everyone” is more like a few people unless you’re running a ranger in every group and those spirit effects probably only proc 1 time before the spirits blow up in aoe.

Local Charr Ruins Everything