Bearbow advice for AC;)

Bearbow advice for AC;)

in Ranger

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

So i’m running longbow + gs in AC and even a bear. Well guess what? Doing just fine, better even. Here are but few perks my dreaded “no spotter no sword” build holds:

Before spider queen with eagle eye traited I can shoot all 4 gargoyle heads from the snipe spot, given i move a bit to outside the column (literally standing in air). But it works. Needless to say i feel the boss when doing so.

Solo queen? easy. Only problem is the flood of her hatchlings, but once that’s done it’s easy as pie.

Luring & figthing gravelins in the booby trapped path after spider? Ez mode. Just gotta trait piercing arrows to ensure my shots go through to the breeder before it turns into a zergfest.

Kholer can be soloed with bear, as long as you don’t die the first time, being forced to fight him with 4 adds the next. But i do admit i’m not that good to solo him yet.

Path 1 & 3 burrows? Again, eagle eye + piercing arrows = poetry. Forget running, nobility doesn’t run, just takes few steps to advantegous position. Just place yourself in a good spot and you got all the burrows you need to shoot in walking distance’s range.

Gravelings giving you trouble? Fear the kittens with boar’s skullfear, or wolf howl or runes of the sunless set when using entangle. Or send your bear to get aggro, stealth yourself with hunter’s shot to ensure only bear is their target, then run past like nothing happened.
You don’t run from gravelings, they run from you. Or are dismissed as bear fodder.

Path 2 getting to last room? Why take the right path and be running from bunch of gravelings like “a kitty”, when you can take the left path where your opponents will be oozes. Much less persistant and easier to kill then the gravelings. Just run past them and use gs #4 to block any stray immobilizing projectiles.

I know standing in 3 poddles of red aoe death from ghosteater is what a real man does, but sometimes i feel like betraying my team and taking a nice stroll out of it while discharging rapid fire into ghost eater. I know, i’m a backstabber:/

Similar story for collossus rumblus and his melee/mid range knockdowns/knockbacks.
I do suggest runn….i mean relocating yourself to more advantegous position when warmaster grats casts his defensive bubble.

Because nobility doesn’t run, nobility snipes from their chosen position eventually relocating themselves to a better one, at their desired(running) speed;)

Bearbow advice for AC;)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Bravo

Attachments:

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Bearbow advice for AC;)

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Nice troll thread, I love that this is right next to the ”rangers getting kicked from pve groups” thread.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Bearbow advice for AC;)

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Bravo

That bear sure is cute.
Gotta right click to save it first

Bearbow advice for AC;)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Too bad you didn’t video it.

Bearbow advice for AC;)

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Cool, excellent!

And…
What does solo 5-hour content have in common with 20 minutes zerk runs again… ?

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Bearbow advice for AC;)

in Ranger

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

it works just as well with 20 mins zerks too, just be sure to have your pet heel and have the other four “pets” facetank it:>

Bearbow advice for AC;)

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

it works just as well with 20 mins zerks too, just be sure to have your pet heel and have the other four “pets” facetank it:>

That way it means that 4 men dungeons work the same way.
… What’s the point?

I mean. Make no mistake. Bear is useful in AC part 2 before the boss spawn.
… And yes, Longbow is useful as an opener for bosses … On the other hand graveling burrows are bugged and cannot be hit by LB most of the time…
But

It’s not like Longbow has no uses, and Brown Bear has no uses.
It’s the people who have no idea when and why to use them. That’s what makes bearbow a bearbow. Both the pet and weapon have their places.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Bearbow advice for AC;)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Both the pet and weapon have their places.

Just, not together, in dungeons.

I’ve done quite a few all ranger runs of dungeons and we all strictly ran bearbow, it is chaos in comparison to melee. The end of CoF with the Eternal Flame is the fastest kill ever with 5 LB rangers. Fun to do now and again for the total chaos, but not for normal runs.