Beastmaster

Beastmaster

in Ranger

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Q:

Is there currently an effective Beastmaster build for tPvP?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Beastmaster

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

A:

This is what i use and its the strongest pvpv build i have ever experienced.
you can duel every class/build without leaving base, you have tons of mobility, survivebility, damage and support.(you can change GS for S/D, S/A if you like it better).
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJAVRjEq0uaBLWsw1agDhq9J0ujArA4dxusXdBTOA-TpBFwACeAAMOCAIOEAQLDA4CAMa/BA

+1
I second Lugh’s and Egg’s suggestion, I use a variant of this and its very strong. You rarely lose a 1v1, which is all you can really ask for. if the enemy has to send 2 to take you out, your teammates have a favorable matchup elsewhere.

The downside is youre not buffing others, youre not a nuke and youre not so bunker as to last for 3 minutes straight while outnumbered, which means your apparent party value isnt high. Typical makeup is a bunker on close, party buffers on mid and a nuke on roam, and since you are non of those things the highest level teams wont want you.

at the mid levels though, fights are a lot less formulaic and the BM spec’s disproportionately strong damage to survivability balance make it strong anywhere on the map.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJAVRjEq0yaFLmsw1agDhiVA8eYX2r29Q0CVdBrOA-TpBFwAA3foxhAAxRAo9FAAaZAAPAAA

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Beastmaster

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

No.

Zerker 30/10/0/0/30 would probably be your best bet though. Tanky condi BM ranger (the usual) just doesn’t cut it anymore with all the AoE/might stacks going around.

Beastmaster

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

This is what i use and its the strongest pvpv build i have ever experienced.
you can duel every class/build without leaving base, you have tons of mobility, survivebility, damage and support.(you can change GS for S/D, S/A if you like it better).
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJAVRjEq0uaBLWsw1agDhq9J0ujArA4dxusXdBTOA-TpBFwACeAAMOCAIOEAQLDA4CAMa/BA

Beastmaster

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Ive been experimenting with a 6-2-0-0-6 longbow masters bond build using a fern hound with reduced Pet skill cooldowns. Using signet of the wild. Sicem. and protect me for utilities

The biggest issue ive found with the build is the ramp up time. You pretty much NEED to win that first mid fight. Once you do however your pet can solo thieves. im not even joking. Ive seen thieves get hit by it realize it crit htem for 2.1k auto go into stealth to get away from it and take a 11k leap when they thought they were safe.

It requires you to realize that you CANT fight directly against an oponent on point. Your biggest job is to +1 a fight using pet as a mobile nuke in conjunction with the longbow. You can do ALOT of damage. but your personal survivability is lacking in a bad way.

If you want to try it just focus on chaining your cooldowns together at the right time. Sic’em+ Signet of the wild + Rampage as one can kill anyone. You just need to take hte time to NOT suicide trying to decap the point and instead force him to leave hte point or die. Your biggest risk is thieves on the field. Its very much a case of “First shot decides the fight” unless you are REALLY fast at your skills. If you can line up the thief for one of your wolves cooldowns. itl pretty much guarantee the fight in your favor however.

Ghost Yak

Beastmaster

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

I think that it depends on the level that you play at. If Eurantien says that there is not, he is proberly thinking of the highest levels of pvp, fair enough i don’t have any experience at that level so i can comment. but i have found at my level of play that 0/2/0/6/6 types of builds work for me.

example

Beastmaster

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I think that it depends on the level that you play at. If Eurantien says that there is not, he is proberly thinking of the highest levels of pvp, fair enough i don’t have any experience at that level so i can comment. but i have found at my level of play that 0/2/0/6/6 types of builds work for me.

example

True. BM doesn’t work where I’m at. But I bet it could work until like 300 or so on the leaderboards.