Beastmastery Trait Worthy Invest??

in Ranger

Posted by: King.8096

King.8096

I was just started my ranger and is it worth to invest the trait point for Beastmastery? I was thinking like: 20 precision / 20 vitality / 30 beastmastery.

Since the pet is kind of weak and easily be dead, is the trait point worth to invest?

I am trying to build a ranger that is more offensive, but not that easily be dead.

Please give me any idea if you guys have played ranger and how it goes with your game play.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

While leveling (especially early on) beastmastery is the best thing you could possibly put points in.

At higher levels (~60-70+) it becomes less useful but it’s not worthless. Some specs do work with beastmastery.

Side note: you say “20 vitality” which I assume means Nature Magic. If so, don’t. NM is by far the most useless trait line we have. 10 has its uses for the +33% regen duration but after that it’s junk. Even the 15 point share boons with pets isn’t that great. It sounds good but you pet swap so much at high levels it just gets wasted a lot and there is better things you could spend trait points on.

in Ranger

Posted by: Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Just 10 points in Beast Mastery is useful for almost any build, since the quickness on swap is very good, and i really love Masters bond for PvE. its nice to have your pet have those extra stats.

for DPS beastmasters, it seems Skirmishing is the better choice for getting your pet to do more damage than the beast mastery line, because BM only has like utility applications and recharge speed traits, while skirmishing gets some good stuff like 30% more damage on crits for your pets, and health on crits (and with a Jaguar in stealth for 6 seconds, every attack is a crit)

overall, i guess i’m trying to say there’s Pet traits spread out over all the lines, so it’s not that great to go 30 into Beast Mastery, even if you’re pet focused

in Ranger

Posted by: Valderius Rex.4108

Valderius Rex.4108

I’ve got 15 into the BM line. 5 is almost must have for the great quickness on swap. 10 is nice for lowering the CD on your f2 or granting might on swap, and 15 gives a nice CD reduction on the swap itself.

Going to 20 could. Certainly be nice if you specialize in one type of pet, but much more that seems like your value per point really falls off.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Sweet spots for BM tree would imho be:
- 5 (for quickness on pet swap)
or
- 15 (for shorter cd on petswap)
or
- 30 (for natural healing trait if you want to build a strong pet, combined with signet of the wild, compassion training, pet’s prowess and carnivorous appetite)

Running with 30 BM do make for a rather major difference in pet survivability.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

If you want to use the pet, I recommend 30 Beastmastery; remember, it affects the pet’s durability as well. Furthermore, Signet of the Wild is tied to healing and with the Grandmaster trait ‘Natural Healing’ your pet’s got two sources of regen. On most single enemies, when it’s attacking your pet, it’s entirely possibly for even ‘squishy’ ones like the birds to out-regen the damage they’re taking.

Plus, you can heal at least half your health in one go with Heal As One, which is hardly bad.

My build is 10/20/10/0/0/30 if you’re curious. Skirmishing is definitely one you should go for, since the 30% more critical damage is Yummy, as is Carnivorous Appetite, plus crits are always nice. Especially if you take an ‘on crit’ sigil.