Beastmastery losing the pet stat buff?

in Ranger

Posted by: sendaf.8375

sendaf.8375

I like the announcement that traits will no longer be giving stat buffs, it fixes a lot of problems like traps being in a precision/fero line etc etc. However when we spec into beastmastery we get stat points added to our pet and this can’t be duplicated with any gear anywhere. Same with necs getting a larger life force pool from soul reaping etc.

So are we no longer able to increase the stats of our pets (or class specific F1-4s)? It would be pretty silly to specialize in beastmastery and still have the same gimpy wolf that every pew pew ranger does.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Pets are getting a 150 base stat increase, then when you pick Beastmastery, you get another 150 increase. You can also choose Nature’s Wrath for more pet stats, choosing BM nets the pet an additional 450 ferocity and you can also choose expertise training for an additional 350 condition damage or Natural healing for the 350 healing power.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

The class specific stats from the trait lines are being made so half the stats is baseline and the other half you get from a trait in the traitline it was originally. E.g. Mesmer shatters cd are being reduced by 15% and a minor trait in illusions gives the other 15%.

For some reason though the trait that gives the rest of the pet stat increase is an adept trait in Nature Magic.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

then when you pick Beastmastery, you get another 150 increase.

Unlike other professions, none of the minor traits in BM specifies anything about the additional 150 stats. We get Pet’s Prowess, Agility Training, Speed Traning and Commanding Voice from the master and grandmaster minors.

Nature’s Wrath in Nature Magic says something about addiotional pet stats. Kinda kills the excitement about getting the merged pet traits just from speccing into BM when we also need Nature Magic to max the potential of the pet. But then again, you’d probably want NM for Fortyfing Bond anyways.

Speaking of pets, were they just joking about bears getting a buff during the livestream, or are they actually looking into buffing pets that are of little to no use (that would be most of them)? More so than just working on their AI. If that’s the case, it seems like the ranger is gaining A LOT from these changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Probably just me, but I was hoping for all 300 points to be rolled into the pet’s baseline and when specializing in Beastmastery, our Juveniles grow in size into adults and we could select them to be glassier or tankier like in GW1.

Really felt an opportunity was lost here.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Noein.1685

Noein.1685

then when you pick Beastmastery, you get another 150 increase.

Speaking of pets, were they just joking about bears getting a buff during the livestream, or are they actually looking into buffing pets that are of little to no use (that would be most of them)? More so than just working on their AI. If that’s the case, it seems like the ranger is gaining A LOT from these changes.

That’s a good question, I would love a little bit more dps out of the bear (and other pets). Making the f2 taunt trait more appealing. I think no matter what the ranger will end up in a better place than it is, im excited.

Anyone know if there will be an internal cooldown on the pet taunt on f2 trait or will it rely on pet ability cooldowns?

That which has no life.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Note: We believe 150. It could be 150. It could be 200. It could be something else.

150 is the current assumption based on some sensible logic.

Nothing has been confirmed.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Anyone know if there will be an internal cooldown on the pet taunt on f2 trait or will it rely on pet ability cooldowns?

At the moment- 15 seconds.

Attachments:

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

More cleave from pets other than drakes would be most welcome.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Noein.1685

Noein.1685

At the moment- 15 seconds.

yeah i assumed there would be, otherwise i’d have my eagle spamming taunt hahah. thanks for looking it up.

That which has no life.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Well, Eagle/Hawk will get the Taunt on every 3rd F2, I’ll still be using them for it!