Beastmode's Green Aura Has Got To Go!

in Ranger

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

When the Soulbeast activates Beastmode and merges with their pet, there is a very large persistent green aura around the character. From what I can tell, it does not go away until you deactivate Beastmode.

For players like me who plan on stowing their pet away permanently, this is going to get old fast. We won’t be able to see our cool armor transmogs, and outside of maybe Sylvari players it just doesn’t look very fitting.

Can the aura be changed to a temporary flare up when merging, or something? I don’t want to be a walking glow stick. The game already has way too much of that =/

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Yeah, I agree there are already too many auras etc so I’d like to not be forced into this one, since I do not use any others. It’s also a massive telegraph which I don’t like.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

absolutly agree!
The effect is nice, but should not be permanent.

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Just put aurora on to draw focus elsewhere!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Ranger

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

It’s also a massive telegraph

This is the reason why it’s very likely to stay. GuildWars 2 is about optic indicators, not debuffs/buffs in healthbars.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

This is the reason why it’s very likely to stay. GuildWars 2 is about optic indicators, not debuffs/buffs in healthbars.

I’m actually fine with it being flashy on activation, as a tell, but not persist.

At least allow us to turn it off client side.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I’m actually fine with it being flashy on activation, as a tell, but not persist.

probably you cam do that now lowering your graphic settings.

Anyhow i agree with you all although i like the effect overall.

What about the massive aura to last for the first 10 seconds and after that just a no aura? I mean if Anet decided you need to telegraph you are bonded with the pet the may put some very gentle green aura. Personally i would remove the aura after x seconds. Too much clutter already on screen and i don’t think enemy players would mind too much as is implicit if you see a souldbeast without the pet… You where it is already.

Irenio pls make it happen!

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I kinda like it, it’s like nature super saiyan mode.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

probably you cam do that now lowering your graphic settings.

Anyhow i agree with you all although i like the effect overall.

What about the massive aura to last for the first 10 seconds and after that just a no aura? I mean if Anet decided you need to telegraph you are bonded with the pet the may put some very gentle green aura. Personally i would remove the aura after x seconds. Too much clutter already on screen and i don’t think enemy players would mind too much as is implicit if you see a souldbeast without the pet… You where it is already.

Irenio pls make it happen!

Yes, you can turn down graphic options to have lower quality so that auras do not appear, but that lowers the quality overall, not just removes one effect. They could just place a check box in options to not show any auras.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Reducing the aura size, possibly. Otherwise, keep the aura as persistent as long as Beastmode is activated. It’s a tell to other players and should be kept that way.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kehlian.4380

Kehlian.4380

We’ve been requesting that for the whole time with revenant, with this ugly pink aura on the floor, and annoying sound it produces. Guess what ? It’s still in game.

I’m glad to see glint’s meta go just because of that particular reason.
I just hope they won’t do the same mistake with soulbeast :/

Reducing the aura size, possibly. Otherwise, keep the aura as persistent as long as Beastmode is activated. It’s a tell to other players and should be kept that way.

Well, the fact that the ranger doesn’t have a pet near him is enough to tell he’s activated soulbeast

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

We’ve been requesting that for the whole time with revenant, with this ugly pink aura on the floor, and annoying sound it produces. Guess what ? It’s still in game.

I’m glad to see glint’s meta go just because of that particular reason.
I just hope they won’t do the same mistake with soulbeast :/

Well, the fact that the ranger doesn’t have a pet near him is enough to tell he’s activated soulbeast

near him or eating your lungs.. one or another is a clear indicator the soulbeast is in soul beast mode.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Here’s the thing, though. If that Soulbeast is hiding in a zerg, I don’t have the time to search through a sea of other players for its pet. Visual transparency is important here.

Just like the Glint aura beneath Heralds. Yeah, it can be annoying and even an eyesore, but it’s important to see for others to know without having to click on that person.

The player sees it and can automatically tell, and it becomes more apparent in larger groups when it’s harder to discern differences.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Here’s the thing, though. If that Soulbeast is hiding in a zerg, I don’t have the time to search through a sea of other players for its pet. Visual transparency is important here.

Just like the Glint aura beneath Heralds. Yeah, it can be annoying and even an eyesore, but it’s important to see for others to know without having to click on that person.

The player sees it and can automatically tell, and it becomes more apparent in larger groups when it’s harder to discern differences.

if the core ranger is in a zerg you will not see the pet or even if it’s from him anyhow. Probably you even won’t be able to see the ranger period.

Then you look for the indicator in the status bar where it tells you if he is going offensive, deffensive or any combination anet decided to implement. We get that fancy indicator in the status bar nowadays.

Either way there is no need for the eyesore effect pemanently. And we will have yet to see if some effects like increased movement speed will not be linked to soulbeast mode. Will you be happy to enjoy that fantastic screen clutter aura in JP in pve? all the time because you need the speed? Will others?

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

If I can have a toggle for those cosmetic auras while keeping the SB aura, sure, I’d be down for that. SB aura doesn’t bother me one bit, it’s when it’s stacked with all these PVE auras and outlandish backpieces that things become ridiculous.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

This is idiocy. There are already too many visual tells in this game, it’s like a frikken fireworks factory caught fire as soon as you enter combat.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

If I can have a toggle for those cosmetic auras while keeping the SB aura, sure, I’d be down for that. SB aura doesn’t bother me one bit, it’s when it’s stacked with all these PVE auras and outlandish backpieces that things become ridiculous.

SB aura bothers me a lot because I don’t like auras and have spent lots of gold and RL money on having a theme I like without particle effects everywhere all the time. If it was a toggle client side, I’d be more than happy, if it’s not I can’t see me enjoying looking at my character while playing soulbeast.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I like the effect personally. : /

It would be better to ask for an option to turn it off, like what they should have done with the Rev fist glow.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

(edited by Zalani.9827)

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I get that they want a visual so other’s can see you’re in Beast Mode, but I’m not a huge fan of the aura either.

I am curious to see what you look like in Beast Mode with RaO active though, lol.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

What really needs to go is the name “beastmode”. I’m not a 19 year old frat boy playing the game while hitting a beer bong and watching youtube pranks on my iPhone.

in Ranger

Posted by: Acheron.4576

Acheron.4576

Instead of an aura I would like something like a small orb representing the beast’s soul randomly hover around you. The aura shown is to in the way and only adds way to much to an already overly flashy and cluttered particle effects in this game.

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I like it.

It should be a toggle feature for those who want it and those who don’t.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

It’s a pretty ugly aura to be honest. If it was pretty I wouldn’t have so much of an issue, but it isn’t.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ranys.4028

Ranys.4028

It’s way too unfashionable.
I’d love it if it was like in the splash art, that it would actually be stylized towards the pet we’re currently bound with.

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Me too, but i can understand why people want to toggle it off. Its basically a please kill.me sign in wvw roaming and you are as stealthed as a flare in pvp^^

In PvE super nature saiyan ftw.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Me too, but i can understand why people want to toggle it off. Its basically a please kill.me sign in wvw roaming and you are as stealthed as a flare in pvp^^

In PvE super nature saiyan ftw.

It’s funny, I remember how it was onWvW pre-hot. Just roaming with pet and ranger icon was considered to be a " please kill.me sign". So I’m not to concerned about that. Art wise, I think it’s great. Makes me feel like nature super power, which is what I want from my nature themed class. It’s a refreshing change after the druid “starry night” art concept. If players want to tone it down, I think they can do it in the graphic settings menu.

in Ranger

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Druid starry night is cool looking though. This is just….bleh. They really could have done a better job with it.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Druid starry night is cool looking though. This is just….bleh. They really could have done a better job with it.

Ya, no complains on the druid "starry night " look. but after 2 years, I welcome the change.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I like it, I don’t want it changed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Having a toggle for you to not see it player side would be fine. it fading away on it’s own wouldn’t though, since from what I understand it doesn’t have a time limit. There’d be no way to tell if the ranger is in beastmode when they attack you aside from looking around for their pet, which can be an issue in even small group PVP. You’d be screwed if there was another ranger in the area too, because it’s not very easy to tell who owns what pet at a glance in the middle of a fight.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

What really needs to go is the name “beastmode”. I’m not a 19 year old frat boy playing the game while hitting a beer bong and watching youtube pranks on my iPhone.

Yo dawg you see that kitten? I totally epic beastmoded this!

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Player A: Fuuuuusiioooon!……miau!?
Player B : did u just transform into a mount?
Player A : no! im super strong now (dies with one hit)

lets see how this will work :\

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

Except when it isn’t, like myself in WvW. I keep my pet stowed while out of combat and roaming for precisely for this type of reason.

You can tell a lot about a ranger at a glance, more so than any other profession as they’re most likely to choose a pet that pairs well with their playstyle. Most professions you’ll struggle to identify the weapons of before they fire them on you, but you can make an educated guess about a Ranger and how to fight them at a glance, especially if you can also identify their current weapon.

Your pocket is also the perfect position for a CC pet to peel off would be gankers. Lightning assault is my preferred one, just because it looks cool.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

in Ranger

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

This. So much this.

Time to make a Super Saiyan Green charr?

in Ranger

Posted by: Siofra Crumble.2098

Siofra Crumble.2098

Personally, I feel the effect looks great but I really believe it’s best it would subside after 5-10 seconds, maybe with just a minor green aura lingering around the hands, lower arms or something. Akin to the elementalist.

If the green aura will persist at this strength I’m afraid it will add another layer of visual clutter that Gw2 really doesn’t need, in pretty much every gamemode.
The developers did a really good job with toning down the other skill effects and aura’s, so I’m hoping they’ll not overlook this one.

In terms of PvP, infusing with your pet and entering beastmode with the current animation will be very clear for your enemies despite the aura being toned down after 5-10 seconds.
It could (and probably will) be shown as a buff too since generally speaking that’s where most PvP players will be looking first anyway for information on their foe.

And lastly, as a player that dislikes flashy gear or bright colours on my characters this effect will become old really fast if it persists at this vibrancy, despite the superb animation tied to it.

(edited by Siofra Crumble.2098)

in Ranger

Posted by: Johnny.1634

Johnny.1634

I think it looks great, and if your planning on permanently stowing a pet you choose the wrong class to play buddy.

in Ranger

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

I don’t necessarily hate it, but I’d prefer it it only flashed when we activated it initially and then faded away.

in Ranger

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

I’ve just been watching soulbeast vids and I really love that aura.

I’m admittedly disappointed not to have shapeshifting but I would play soulbeast over base ranger just to have that aura.

It’s just a shame that I couldn’t use it druid’s staff.

in Ranger

Posted by: ParanoidKami.2867

ParanoidKami.2867

I like the aura as well. Would be great to have on my character. I didn’t like the red of the Berserker elite spec so I just played core instead. You could do the same. Or play another class.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…I didn’t like the red of the Berserker elite spec so I just played core instead. You could do the same. Or play another class.

It would be a shame to not be able to take advantage of an entire eSpec because you can’t stand a massive aura covering your character constantly.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cyan.6815

Cyan.6815

I hate it. Don’t get me wrong, the effect is beautiful for a toggle animation, but it shouldn’t stay constantly.

(edited by Cyan.6815)

in Ranger

Posted by: TempestMoon.5403

TempestMoon.5403

I just wonder which will win out in the visual que if you use Beastmode and “Strength of the Pack!” together, lol