Beating Liadri as a Ranger - Video

in Ranger

Posted by: Spadar.4359

Spadar.4359

Link to video, text description of the strategy I used in description.

It took a painful amount of tries before I finally did it, and even in this run I messed up on some pretty important parts. If you do everything right it should go down quicker than it did for me. As for doing the 8 orb achievement… Beats me.

I can try to answer questions if anyone has them, that is if anyone is having as hard a time with this as I did.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

I used shortbow and sword/dagger (just to dodge and kill the orb things) GS is also good to move to a safe spot.

30/25/10/5/0
Signet Mastery, Piercing Arrows, Signet of the Beastmaster
Sharpened Edges, Quick Draw
Wilderness Knowledge

If you use short bow piercing arrows is a must for this fight.

Magumer Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Shortbow is so good in the boss rush it’s almost obscene.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Stone Spirit is also pretty awesome (well not for liadri)

For the subject seven fight I just plopped one down and auto attacked the main slime with sword slowly pushing it to the edge of the cage leaving a straight line of slimes behind me, quick win!

Magumer Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Link to video, text description of the strategy I used in description.

It took a painful amount of tries before I finally did it, and even in this run I messed up on some pretty important parts. If you do everything right it should go down quicker than it did for me. As for doing the 8 orb achievement… Beats me.

I can try to answer questions if anyone has them, that is if anyone is having as hard a time with this as I did.

Please tell me:

1. What gear were you wearing?
2. What trait set up did you do? 30/20/15/5?
3. What runes/orbs did you have slotted?
4. What food did you have on?

in Ranger

Posted by: Victory For Kittens.7806

Victory For Kittens.7806

I did it with berserk stuff, 30/25/15/0/0, shortbow/GS (only for orbs), with QZephyr/Lightning Reflex/Signet of the Hunt & Rampage as one + the Endurance food.

This video is great, OP learns you how to dodge AA (that makes a lot of pressure).
On P2, i’d recommand to stay near the middle so you can escape really fast on the “safe” zone. Keep hitting & dodging, it should be easy after some tries.
Only thing OP did wrong, to me, was spaming his dodges on P2 when he got his 3 from ShortBow up everytime. Elseway gg & hf.

in Ranger

Posted by: Spadar.4359

Spadar.4359

Please tell me:

1. What gear were you wearing?
2. What trait set up did you do? 30/20/15/5?
3. What runes/orbs did you have slotted?
4. What food did you have on?

Copy/Paste from the video description:

Loadout:
Full Zerker Gear + Shortbow/Greatsword

Traits:
20/20/20/10/0

Marksmanship: III & VIII
Skirmishing: II & X
Wilderness Survival: VI & IX
Nature Magic: VI

Endurance Regen Food

As for runes on my gear, I had 6/6 superior rune of the Rata Sum, mostly because I couldn’t afford anything better. It did end up meshing at least moderately well with my build though. My bow/GS sigils aren’t worth mentioning, Minor Fire on the SB and Major air on the GS.

You could easily get rid of the 10 points in nature magic, I was just experimenting with different builds at that point.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I try the same loadout without zerker gear and i run out of time, this fight is so kittening stupid it’s ridiculous…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Koud.3028

Koud.3028

First, english is not my native language, so im sorry about my language.

I just killed her using half of this guide. Here is what i did :

Same traits. They are the perfect balance between offense and defense, you cant get better.

For the weapons i used the same. Greatsword when shes invulnerable, shortbow to kill her.

What i did different is this :

- I took the grove buff (plant girl npc). Gives a small life regen buff that can be usefull.
- I did not take the stone signet. My pet died very fast anyway. I took signet of the wild for another life regen buff. It helped me a lot to stay alive.
- Two other skills are the same.

Now, few hints and tricks you can use to beat the crap out of her :

- At the beggining start with the greatsword and immediatly charge the first cosmic gripping ball of the doom. If you’re cancelled, attack it with first skill. You MUST destroy it. You have nothing else to do anyway.
- You can use counterattack (GS skill 4) to block about two projectile (3 if you’re slow) attack during phase 1 (One, then another later)
- Dont run in circle all arround the room to dodge the projectile. Just do some sidesteps left/right, its more than enough.
- White whirlwind will always appear at the same place (kinda). First one close to boss, second is on the edge of the room, third is somewhat inbetween. You’ll see that if you’re fast enough you can get second and third crystal almost at the same time if you’re quick. DO NOT DO IT. Before you use the third crystal, you MUST destroy the gripping ball of the doom with your gs. Killing these thing with a bow is just not worth the try since you’re obstructed by invisible troll.
- Try to make a party with someone and call a target on the boss, in case you lose her. (ctrl+click)

- During phase 2, be sure to remember that previously safe zone are dangerous, and vice versa. (In regard to the big aoe of the doom) So if you got your timing right, you will just have to run in circle without having to worry about these aoe.
- Keep you skill “lightning reflexe” for when you’re grip and stunned by the griping ball of the doom. If you still manage to die after a grip, immediatly target the ball and kill it for a rally.
- Try to altern between dodge and quick shot when you need to evade something.
- Dont forget to interrupt her, cripple her and poison her.
- Even if he will die fast use your pet. Rez him with F4 and immediatly use rampage as one.
- Superior sigil of purety can be usefull for the last part, her cripple is just annoying.

in Ranger

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

Finally beat it, just wanted to say thanks. Your video really helped me nail down the pattern.

in Ranger

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Thank you SO MUCH! I followed your build and I GOT IT!!! I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! After 80+ tries, I finally got it. THANK YOU!

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Killed her with a standard trap build + LR

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Killed her with zerker 30/30/10/0/0 LB + SB.

Very challenging, but doable. Took 40+ tries, but the first 10 or so I tried to melee.

Last attempt was near perfect, only landed 3-4 safe spots in phase 2 but my dodging was spot on.

MOST HELPFUL TIP: Stay away from the edges. Can not locate safe spots and clones when your camera gets pushed in from the glass. Smaller circle radius also means less distance to cover to reach a safe spot.

I suggest everyone try to beat this boss ranger style (dodge-style), dodging is a useful tactic for any class and your future dungeon groups will appreciate your skill.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

Yes, the most helpful hint i can give is stay away from the edges. Try to be more in the middle of the arena. Kiting too large of a circle makes you lose firing angle, and staying to the middle is much better.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Ranger

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

During that time, in the wonderful land of PVE warriors

http://youtu.be/KYAjo4ZZXLo

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Killed by “obstructed” orbs so many times I really getting piiiiiiiiiissed off…..

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I’m just adding to my “Death by Time Limit” attempts on this fight…. getting real tired of your kitten Anet…

in Ranger

Castaliea.3156

I’m just adding to my “Death by Time Limit” attempts on this fight…. getting real tired of your kitten Anet…

If you don’t run full zerk you just don’t do enough damage that way.

(by “full” i mean “a lot of damage”)

Guild Leader

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I know… and as i’ve told all my friends i’m not about to regear for 1 fight, however i’ve been told that if you damage a vision of mortality and then die to it it’ll rez you, which means pet is alive…. so i may start abusing this….

in Ranger

Castaliea.3156

I know… and as i’ve told all my friends i’m not about to regear for 1 fight, however i’ve been told that if you damage a vision of mortality and then die to it it’ll rez you, which means pet is alive…. so i may start abusing this….

Orbs will res you too

Guild Leader

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Orbs will res you too

Orbs tend to legit kill me so i kill them ASAP, they tend to go “Oh let me pull you into this vision or 5 as a shadow nuke is falling down on your head, don’t worry you wouldn’t have been able to out damage the timer anyway!”

in Ranger

Castaliea.3156

Honestly, this would not be a problem if the time limit was longer.
All it does is encourage the typical full offense zerk meta. Shame on me for having a slightly different set up.

Guild Leader

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

All it does is encourage the typical full offense zerk meta. Shame on me for having a slightly different set up.

Oh god i know right? Remember back when they said that everyone can do everything but you can spec to be better at different aspects but still bring everything else? I guess i missed the memo where that changed to “Everyone can do everything, unless you’re not in zerker gear, then you don’t get to clear content cause y u no DPS?”

in Ranger

Castaliea.3156

Oh god i know right? Remember back when they said that everyone can do everything but you can spec to be better at different aspects but still bring everything else? I guess i missed the memo where that changed to “Everyone can do everything, unless you’re not in zerker gear, then you don’t get to clear content cause y u no DPS?”

PS I just beat it.
(To be fair though I did have to literally go and buy some different items. Not a full set, but some. They it was supper easy and she dropped very fast on the first try.)

Guild Leader

(edited by Castaliea.3156)

in Ranger

Posted by: Eremus.4506

Eremus.4506

Honestly this fight crosses the line for me. I made most of the fights till Liadri with the Ranger, only if it was far to much pain I switched to my engi, messmer or necro. But I was never so upset about the pet mechanics like in this fight.
And I simply feel bad if I have to change my profession just to roll through something my ranger has far too much problems with. And doing Phase 2 to 99,9% without a class mechanic is just not fun.

Enjoy the game guys and hopefully you get the right changes, but for me it’s just not worth the time. Bye

in Ranger

Posted by: Delwar.4201

Delwar.4201

I was able to beat her with the build posted above by OP and replaced Greatsword with longbow.

Had the pet kill the orbs in P1. The white circle and the aoe in P1 have a pattern that can be used to keep the pet alive until P2. And win with longbow knockback and shortbow stun, cripples

Commander of Sentinels of Melandru
http://smelandru.guildlaunch.com/

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

As a point, I did this with my Apothecary armour (dwayna runes) and rabid trinkets. Made it much easier to survive her general attacks in both stages and I did just about have the dps to kill her in time.

I used 20/20/30
SoH
Fire Trap
Sharpenin Stone
RaO

GS stage 1 SB stage 2.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I only just tried this arena thing today, so far I lasted 1s, 2s, 1s and 1s on this fight, I can’t see what’s happening at all only that something invisible oneshots me and something else that is also invisible knocks me down…

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

I don’t know if this has been mentioned but lightening reflexes is good for killing orbs after a pull (LR does damage!). Offhand axe is good for pulling a vision into the pool. Torch is good for orbs too.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I don’t know if this has been mentioned but lightening reflexes is good for killing orbs after a pull (LR does damage!). Offhand axe is good for pulling a vision into the pool. Torch is good for orbs too.

I always use my LB to launch them into wells, Vision Corner Pocket!!

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Can the visions survive the axe#4 pull? this might be a better option if they’re taking too long to run to you

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: Krugash.4920

Krugash.4920

I think this fight is testament to how the pet can be a totally useless piece of sheet in PvE. Whole fight without pet dps and buff/debuff. Should count as a gambit.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Can the visions survive the axe#4 pull? this might be a better option if they’re taking too long to run to you

Yes, the visions are pretty tanky kittens, only things i’ve seen kill them are the pools and then staff eles tend to kill all the visions off as collateral damage.

@Krugash, i still think there should be an achievement for defeating her on a Ranger or Necromancer (who are equally boned by this fight due to kittenty endurance gain and Death Shroud being useless against most of her stuff) called “Never Tell Me The Odds!”

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

I like that. Or “Arrow to the Me”?

in Ranger

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

kitten ,looks like the ranger has it tough for this fight.

All is vain.

in Ranger

Castaliea.3156

I think this fight is testament to how the pet can be a totally useless piece of sheet in PvE. Whole fight without pet dps and buff/debuff. Should count as a gambit.

You mean a while fight w/o a profession mechanic?
No Warrior Bust skills
No Death Shroud
No Shatter Skills
Etc…

Yeah that’s a nice gambit idea.
Too bad we so pro we do it naturally.

Guild Leader

in Ranger

Castaliea.3156

lol actually… I found it quite easy on Ranger. xD
Once you get the patterns down and practice enough it’s surprisingly not too bad for us assuming you can dish out enough damage.

Guild Leader

in Ranger

Posted by: Nemitri.8172

Nemitri.8172

That camera is attrocious, i would go as far to say that it is the culprit of many deaths.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Once you get the patterns down and practice enough it’s surprisingly not too bad for us assuming you can dish out enough damage.

in short Zerker or GTFO

in Ranger

Castaliea.3156

in short Zerker or GTFO

I did it and my only Zerker piece is my Shortbow.
But I am built with a similar concept in mind so really…
Zerker or GTFO indeed!
lol.

Guild Leader

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

in short Zerker or GTFO

I did it and my only Zerker piece is my Shortbow.
But I am built with a similar concept in mind so really…
Zerker or GTFO indeed!
lol.

Yeah i tried it repeatedly with support oriented gear and just kept running out of time (barely with buffs and the off chance i got some good pet burst in there), so dumb Anet…

in Ranger

Posted by: Krugash.4920

Krugash.4920

That camera is attrocious, i would go as far to say that it is the culprit of many deaths.

Indeed, the glass dome is the hardest boss of the Queen’s Gauntlet. With all the bugs and camera’s problems I got nothing to say other than: cheers to the designers!

in short Zerker or GTFO

I went for the heavy zerker build aswell, but I was wondering if this could be done with an heavy condition build aswell. Full buffed burning and bleeding should be quite decent damage while leaving more time to dodge and move around. I would say it could be possible to whip out the Sun Spirit, but then again… another ranger mechanic that would be trashed by the aoe rather easily.

in Ranger

Posted by: Red Jay.2516

Red Jay.2516

I think that above poster is correct. I bought full apothecary gear, +condi duration food and +condi tuning crystal. After few tries using Sword/Axe (phase 1) + Axe/Torch (phase 2), it really eats her life up much quicker than power build. At the same time, it leaves you up to focus on dodging, turning back just from time to time to re-apply burning.

I haven’t managed to defeat her yet, but I got much closer than with regular power build. I had to stop because I ran out of tickets, but I feel this build is way to go.

edit: messed up condition name, lol

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

@krug it depends heavily on the condi build, some condi builds (like necro and engi) absolutely destroy her, and then others like thieves, and mesmers I know have some trouble and it’s pretty RNG on whether they get the damage they need or not, I have a feeling rangers will be in the later group.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

After 300 tries (sad but true) I gave up and switched to my FULL MAGIC FIND GEAR Warrior. Did it in my third try. No Bufffood.

I don’t want to say that I’m a great warrior player – I just confirm, that Rangers are once again ******** hard in the behind by Anet.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

After 300 tries (sad but true) I gave up and switched to my FULL MAGIC FIND GEAR Warrior. Did it in my third try. No Bufffood.

I don’t want to say that I’m a great warrior player – I just confirm, that Rangers are once again ******** hard in the behind by Anet.

Friend wanted help from me on this fight, so he had me get on his warrior, killed her first try in his Knights gear.

I’m on try like 123 or something like that on my ranger… kitten you Anet…

in Ranger

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

I geared up my fresh level 80 guardian after getting dropped through the ring on my ranger too many times to count when she was down at like 5-10% health and was able to beat her second try.

Those speed boosters really help as well, if you have any laying around.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]