Been a while. Ranger still dumb?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I think it gets too “off-toppy”.

I think it’s not a place to discuss about myths, like British solving the Enigma. Keep in mind it’s a Ranger forum

It’s a game for children, with butterflies, unicorns, good guys only and armors looking like lingeire at last !

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

So I got this game like 8 months ago and just never played it.

I was on it religiously for like a month then I just stopped.

I was always that person who like the long range classes, sitting back and pelting people from a distance and possibly killing them before they could even get close to me.

And if they even got somewhat close they i just kite them into the ground.

But my problem with this game is it seemed like every build for Ranger that was even a little viable was some condi or close range melee build.

I meen i dont mind using a great sword or something if it meens life or death but the fact that the game pretty much says play this type of ranger or die to 75% of all other builds is pretty frustrating. And then the fact that you are so godkitten reliant on the fricken pets its ridiculous.

So my question is…are rangers still this dumb or have they finally fixed the huge lack of build diversity this class has? Also how are the pets right now? are they still kittenedly dumb and unreliable?

Truthfuly ranger has expanded and diversified in terms of builds that have been coming out. However, you are still reliant on a mix between ranged and close ranged combat. That doesn’t only go for ranger but for all professions, I am sure some elementalits out there wish they had it ranged as much as you wish rangers did. I rock a shortbow with all my condition builds, because I just enjoy the pew pew action and it turns out to be a very solid kiting weapon; but when I go power build, I always rock a longbow. Now the melee part of the battle? I get it, but you have to see it as means to an end, try to evolve your concept of what a ranger should do, adapt and survive mate. I don’t like to be in front of an enemy while they’re swinging their weapons in my face, so I choose to burry them down with conditions (sword/torch for the evade and burning field), if they want to be on me then they’ve got to pay the price… after that hornet sting, let them close the gap, monarch’s leap out of range, swap to short bow and begin the kiting.

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

in Ranger

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

The meta is not an answer, it is what the masses claim to be the truth regardless of the facts at hand.

Do we live in a dictatorship? Last time i checked, we had a democracy. Democracy means, simply put, power to the masses. So if the masses decide that the ranger is too weak, they may be not that far off track as you may think.

If you’re in the USA you live in a Constitutional Republic, not a pure democracy.
Big difference.

I’m from Germany, I do live in a democracy. Or so they say…
And the “masses” have indeed a point. They play the ranger has he was meant to be played. If you think about warriors, you think about axes, swords and greatswords.
If you think about guardians, you think about shields, foci and greatswords.
Thiefs are linked with daggers and pistols. So what is the ranger linked with? If you would ask the “masses”, they would answer “with bows”. And the bows are weak. So if you’re able to get a tank/regen spec with axe/sword to work, that’s not how the majority wants to play the class.

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

(edited by xXxOrcaxXx.9328)