Berserker Ranger PvP

Berserker Ranger PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: JaPa.6205

JaPa.6205

I’m sure this has been asked before, but I’m new to the game. I play mainly WvW when I wanna do some PvP and I was wondering how a ranger with nothing but power, precision, and ferocity would do. I imagine 1v1 situations might be tough, but in group battles you’d think the DPS would be impressive, right?

Berserker Ranger PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I haven’t tried Zerker ranger in a while, but it was great at picking off people in team fights and was very good at +1ing a fight.

You effectively were like a thief but with less mobility and didn’t actually need to get to the point to kill people.

But, metas change, so idk how this meta is currently, however I’m sure it’ll work at least decently if you play it right and are not in the upper divisions

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Berserker Ranger PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Kousetsu.1627

Kousetsu.1627

Use Marauder, not Berserker. It’s not fun to kill yourself with retaliation.

Berserker Ranger PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

Here is the build I’m currently using when I play power druid in PvP, hopefully this can help find what works for you

It’s very squishy tho compared to the bunker Druid you see everywhere so get ready to die alot, but when you get really good at it, you can do some great things. Versus Thiefs and Necros I have much easier time than using bunker Druid because of the damage output and the taunt from both Beastly Warden trait and Protect Me. I can also kill eles rather easily once I get a good burst with Tiger and Hilt Bash followed by a good old Maul.

Like the comment above I’d say use Marauder rather than Berserker. I like to have a good chunk of health because there is so much condi builds in this meta it’s hard to stay alive with little health when you get focussed. You really don’t need the damage from Berserker amulet with this build with the pet doing so much damage.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

(edited by Skullface.7293)

Berserker Ranger PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You might even try paladins. The difference between marauder and paladin in terms of damage is surprisingly small, but the survivability difference is noticeable.

Berserker Ranger PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Here is the build I’m currently using when I play power druid in PvP, hopefully this can help find what works for you

It’s very squishy tho compared to the bunker Druid you see everywhere so get ready to die alot, but when you get really good at it, you can do some great things. Versus Thiefs and Necros I have much easier time than using bunker Druid because of the damage output and the taunt from both Beastly Warden trait and Protect Me. I can also kill eles rather easily once I get a good burst with Tiger and Hilt Bash followed by a good old Maul.

Like the comment above I’d say use Marauder rather than Berserker. I like to have a good chunk of health because there is so much condi builds in this meta it’s hard to stay alive with little health when you get focussed. You really don’t need the damage from Berserker amulet with this build with the pet doing so much damage.

I run with staff/lb marauder druid mm and ws. I didnt really get the benefit from taunt from beastly as im running standard hot pets as their dmg is just too much to miss out on + i save smokescales f2 for staff3 stealt. When u taunt they tend to do it on u where i didnt get the full benefit as i nuke from range most of the time – but maybe i could try ur beastly a bit more, i only recently returned. Its deff way more fun to try out alternative faster builds than these boring bunkery meta builds

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Berserker Ranger PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: zalt.8937

zalt.8937

Berserker Ranger PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

How’s your ping?
Any packet loss?

Any lag will also be unforgiving to the berserker playstyle.
And yes, you will die a lot.

Are you going longbow? Mentioned a hundred times before but there is a lot of projectile hate.

Also depends what kind of playstyle you prefer and how far you want to go (unranked/ranked)

Ultimately- Try it. See for yourself. If you’re having fun, why not?

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

Berserker Ranger PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

You might even try paladins. The difference between marauder and paladin in terms of damage is surprisingly small, but the survivability difference is noticeable.

Thanks for that actually, Paladins helps me survive where I wouldn’t have with Marauder/Demolisher, and with some Might stacks vs squishy classes the damage is still rather decent. Tiger/Smokescale is doing a lot of the work anyway.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty