Berserker ranger

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: restoration.2806

restoration.2806

I am a berserker ranger playing 30/30/10 and with full exotic berserker gear and an ascended amulet my attack still is only 3262. I have rune of the ranger instead of rune of the scholar. But still isnt 3262 attack still low? This is without nourishments/food can any other berserker rangers help me out?

Attachments:

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: DevilPhaze.6531

DevilPhaze.6531

I’m not full zerker but close to it. Id use beryl orbs or rune of divinity. My atk is about the same it’s around 3100-3200 don’t remember but it’s fine cause our pets do like 40% of our damage so the orbs make up for the loss of power with crit damage increase.
Put it simply I have around the same power as you I have 108% crit damage 3k more health than you. Pretty much the same toughness and crit chance of 54%. I use food to get to 112% crit damage and 61% crit chance. I don’t think the atk is what you need to fix IMO. Damage wise with range with longbow I hit around 3k and I’ve seen my greatsword maul range from 5k-9k. Typically 5k tho

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Grayback.7148

Grayback.7148

If you can’t afford scholar runes, then switch to full ruby orbs, put 10 into NM for strenght of spirit. You should be at about 3400-3500 then. Crit chance would be ~56% then, but you should be fine with fury.
That’s all just for maximizing (with zerker gear), no survivability taken into account.

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Kjeld.9730

Kjeld.9730

I don’t think more attack will not solve whatever problems you have with your build. IMO you could use some toughness and vitality

something that looks like this maybe?

Attachments:

Ranger of [MGK] – Aurora glade.

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

@OP
why to go full zerker and get stucked at “2362” power when with my power build guide you get 2365 power, 50% crit chance, 72% crit damage, 1600 toughness and 18k hp?
my build isn’t “full zerker” had ton of survivability and only a food counted for those stats (there is a free food slot; i put in only "master maintenance oil to get 50% crit chance) and i actually get higher damage… that should make you think on “is a berserker ranger what i need?”

see you.

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

A better question is why have 2 people posted they have better berserker builds but neither have posted the actual build.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Kjeld.9730

A better question is why have 2 people posted they have better berserker builds but neither have posted the actual build.

http://intothemists.com/guides/667-axewh_wvw_powerbuildhigh_powerhigh_toughness

Happy now? :P

Edit: Kjeldoran’s guide is here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/A-Ranger-Guide-Power-Build/first

(edited by Kjeld.9730)

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Very happy, ty ^.^

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

With zerk, you get steady high dps. If you want 4000 attack rating for burst, you need remorseless “23k maul ranger” type builds.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: restoration.2806

restoration.2806

@OP
why to go full zerker and get stucked at “2362” power when with my power build guide you get 2365 power, 50% crit chance, 72% crit damage, 1600 toughness and 18k hp?
my build isn’t “full zerker” had ton of survivability and only a food counted for those stats (there is a free food slot; i put in only "master maintenance oil to get 50% crit chance) and i actually get higher damage… that should make you think on “is a berserker ranger what i need?”

see you.

Yea your build is meant for wvw I don’t do wvw. I’m a PvE and PvP type guy.

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Kjeldoran.3849

@OP

see you.

Yea your build is meant for wvw I don’t do wvw. I’m a PvE and PvP type guy.

my build is all rounded for everything i actually do PvE, Dungeons, Fractals, WvW, and also Heart of the Mists (with the variant) with my build ^^

@Kjel
thank you for posting my guide XD i was sure it wasn’t hard to see in the forum :S maybe i was wrong…

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

I’ll Post my build once I get home but I get around 2900 power and 118% crit dmg with that set. Got some screenies in the other zerker ranger thread below this one.

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Hey Kneldoran, quick question: what armor stats are you using to get all that toughness with all the power/precision/crit dmg? Cool build.

Edit: can’t select armor on that site from cell phone, apparent bug

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Kjeld.9730

@Kjeldoran
It wasn’t on the first page anymore, I had to find the link in the jubskie’s sticky but i see you just bumped it :p

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Kjeldoran.3849

I’ll Post my build once I get home but I get around 2900 power and 118% crit dmg with that set. Got some screenies in the other zerker ranger thread below this one.

actually power cap is 2752 for ranger… and you must build it all pow/tough/vit ang get a really low damage due to low crit chance and low crit damage… how did you get 2900 power? Or do you mean 2900 attack?

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Kjeldoran.3849

@Kjeldoran
It wasn’t on the first page anymore, I had to find the link in the jubskie’s sticky but i see you just bumped it :p

AW :< yes i bumbed it because i finded a way to get +110 effective power without losing anything (according to buildcraft) and i changed sticked build

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Taku.6352

actually power cap is 2752 for ranger… and you must build it all pow/tough/vit ang get a really low damage due to low crit chance and low crit damage… how did you get 2900 power? Or do you mean 2900 attack?

2900 power with bloodlust stacks and appropriate consumables. I’ll post the build and screenies when I get home in a few hours.

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Kjeldoran.3849

Hey Kneldoran, quick question: what armor stats are you using to get all that toughness with all the power/precision/crit dmg? Cool build.

Edit: can’t select armor on that site from cell phone, apparent bug

oh eheheh cell… i never use it for internet :<

anyway… it’s a mix… i can resume it:
armor:
helm, shoulder, gloves, 1x earring, back → berserker
coat, boots, amulet (ascended), 1x ring (ascended) → soldier
leggings → valkyrie
1x ring (ascended), 1x amulet (ascended) → cavalier
runes → of pack
3x exquisite ruby jewel
weapons → berserker (accuracy and battle)
food 1 : none
food 2 : sharpening stone
that’s all

Berserker ranger

in Ranger

Taku.6352

This is the build that I run atm.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VH;4sEku-h2kDV-0;9V1O;1TT-9-09A459;13;35-k0;2udbTudbTn-Fz0-35;2VU-Z0d1iYo3u4230C-2i;9;9;9;9;9;9;0VR-6F

(The calculator doesn’t have ascended weapon stats so the power/attack will be lower there since I use Kudzu with zerker stats in my build)

Purely offensive one trick pony so if i fail to kill my target with the first few long range shots and rapid fire I usually need to either hightail it out of there with the GS or survive long enough to charge the Signet of the Hunt and try to use Maul for a big hit.

Attachments: