Berzerker ranger weapon of choice?

in Ranger

Posted by: Xhean.3452

Xhean.3452

Hey!
So as the title says, what weapons should a berzerker ranger rely on? Longbow/Greatsword?

in Ranger

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Depends on the berserker ranger I guess.. I run LB/SB with my serky ranger

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

A bow and your melee of choice, or dual melee. I’d only ever run dual ranged if you’re absolutely forced to. Keeping a melee option allows you to increase you DPS substantially when your health and the situation allows it.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Ranger

Xhean.3452

okey, but the melee weapon doesn’t really matter? I mean does sword or GS scale the best with power?

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

If I ever went bersekrer gear, it’d be only with sword+wh for dungs.

Yes, melee weapons do more dmg than ranged ones. Welcome to “risk vs reward” logic.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

okey, but the melee weapon doesn’t really matter? I mean does sword or GS scale the best with power?

Depends on your personal choice. Many prefer sword/warhorn for pure damage. I, personally, prefer the GS as it isn’t that much slower than and has better survivability than the S/W combo meaning that I can stay in melee longer.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Ranged can be kind of risky in this game as well with reflect and bosses targetting far of players etc, but whatever.
I agree, generally you’d like to run 1 ranged and 1 melee. As for choice of melee it’s up to you. Sword does more damage, but can be difficult to control and a terrible on retaliation. GS is a “safe bet”, you maintain control and have evasion on auto which makes encounters way more forgiving.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Ranged can be kind of risky in this game as well with reflect and bosses targetting far of players etc, but whatever.
I agree, generally you’d like to run 1 ranged and 1 melee. As for choice of melee it’s up to you. Sword does more damage, but can be difficult to control and a terrible on retaliation. GS is a “safe bet”, you maintain control and have evasion on auto which makes encounters way more forgiving.

GS also has CC with a stun/daze, a seperate block, and an incredible gap-closer. It’s a great tool.

in Ranger

Xhean.3452

gonna go GS then, got sword/dagger with my condition gear so it’ll be more of a change to pick GS over sword :P

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Berserker dungeons: Sword / torch and axe / ace

Berserker wvw: Longbow and greatsword

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

Sword torch isn’t a combo that would do good as a zerker. It has a lot of condition damage which aren’t affected by zerker stats.
I guess longbow would benefit more than many others because it’s all physical.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Longbow may be all physical, but SB has higher DPS.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Sword torch isn’t a combo that would do good as a zerker. It has a lot of condition damage which aren’t affected by zerker stats.

I disagree because torch is used to stack might/leap auras, however, I will not hesistate to say torch does great damage still with zerker stats. Try it, you won’t be disappointed. After all, you’re a ranger—would you really enter a dungeon without a torch?

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

I like LB /GS for WvW.

LB/Axe Horn for PVE.

in Ranger

Xhean.3452

great advices guys! thank you very much.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Depends on your personal choice. Many prefer sword/warhorn for pure damage. I, personally, prefer the GS as it isn’t that much slower than and has better survivability than the S/W combo meaning that I can stay in melee longer.

I’m with SynfulChaot, GS has great utility and since Anet buffed maul it does enough damage for it to be my default melee weapon. I wouldn’t use it without Moment of Clarity though.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Shortbow overall is a condition based weapon, but on a full zerker setup the damage on auto attack can be amazing. With 100% crit damage and fury boosting crit chance you lay down 1k+ hits at a staggering rate on basically anyone. Of course, you die if they sneeze in your general direction, but the damage output is really nice.

It’s a pretty decent setup for a megazerg where skill lag stops everything but auto attack

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Ranger

Xhean.3452

Hehe, I do alot of wvw on the ranger so that’s nice Khyoss