Best Open World build for Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Aldath.1275

Aldath.1275

I am currently leveling a ranger, and I don’t know hoe he’ll fare once he gets to Maguuma, as I initially struggled very hard when I took my Thief and Revenant there (Stil lstruggle as Rev, thief has it easy after you get full DD spec).

I am planning on making him a Healer for Raids and Fracs, as Viper’s is stupidly expensive and hard to get. Which build (Specs, Stats and Weapons) should I use?

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

I am planning on making him a Healer for Raids and Fracs, as Viper’s is stupidly expensive and hard to get. Which build (Specs, Stats and Weapons) should I use?

For Open World !? Simply just go Shout Power/Berserker Ranger with LB/GS or LB/Staff. Look up the Metabattle one for Conquest, which should be close enough. Change things as you wish. That’s what I use for Open World : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqA9rg1CCOsActgFCBDureWbrPfhaQubp0FAqalMtxA (+ Runes of the Trooper/Soldier + Beserker/Assassin set)

You shouldn’t have problems with breaking CC bar at all. When you get used to Ranger and get more money, then you should worry about being a healer or condi ranger. Meanwhile, don’t bother.

(edited by Krispera.5087)

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

Grab some mauruders gear or zerker get a longbow a great sword and a staff and you will be good to go

This is what i typically use and swap in the Longbow(change some traits) as needed
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWRnUqA1CiVsA+rActgl9Ab52FASAwx186e9pDcEealY8zA-TFBFwAEuAACOEAA3fAwTAAA-w

(edited by Eggyokeo.9705)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

You can get full magi everything with karma and dungeon tokens when you’re ready to go a-healing. Just exotic, so no good for fractals, but fine for everything else.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aldath.1275

Aldath.1275

In terms of Personal DPS, Utility and Survivability, how would you compare the Open World Ranger with an Open World zerker Reaper? (it’s currently my main)

in Ranger

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Similar. Both have pets of a sort, both have decent ranged and melee options, both have access to good AoE. LB has more range than anything reaper can offer, and if you tell your pet to run in first, you can stay far back at range and not really ever risk damage. When you want to engage, GS conveniently has a gap closer ability (on 2 or 3 I forget). LB has a knockback (please don’t use that in group content!) and a stealth skill. I recommend Beastmastery and Marksmanship traitlines, your 3rd one you can play around with the others.

Edit: Ranger has a lot more options for group support, in case you do any map meta events in Maguuma.