Best duo with dr000ds?

Best duo with dr000ds?

in Ranger

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

My buddy I game with has been having a lot of fun on druid since HoT hit and I’m wondering which classes the ranger community feels has the strongest synergy with the new druid in PvP/WvW/PvE?

I’m primarily been torn between the scrapper and reaper. They have contrasting strengths that I can’t make my mind over, oh the first world. When we team fight as scrapper/druid, there is sustain of the gods with all the water fields going out with both of us able to blast fields. As a cele scrapper, the damage is there, just not bursty so sometimes against match ups with equal sustain, it becomes more drawn out and stalemates.

Reaper on the other hand is super selfish and has little interaction with allies compared to the scrapper, but the damage is always lethal and with the heavy chill/poison uptime, it rekts other sustain specs. The trade off though is sometimes I don’t feel as clutch on the Reaper. If my buddy is getting focused, my peels are a little weaker and I can’t blast water for some burst heals, the only defense is an offense usually.

So I suppose, question for the knowledgable druids, which classes do you feel cover the shortcomings of the druid better? Feel free to talk about classes I didn’t list too, always down to hear about what I may have glossed over.

Best duo with dr000ds?

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Pretty much anything with solid damage and sustain so they can’t be bursted down. Reaper is great if the reaper knows when to be/not to be in deathshroud for heals. Because of how much damage they do, I think dps guard/dragonhunter is one of the best combos. It does so much damage it can kill anything (in PvP) and has decent self sustain that is only furthered by druid heals. + Depending on the druid’s build both dragon hunter and druid can have solid ranged damage along with their sustain. Just a win win win in my opinion for the dragonhunter druid combo.

Best duo with dr000ds?

in Ranger

Lumines.3916

Pretty much anything with solid damage and sustain so they can’t be bursted down. Reaper is great if the reaper knows when to be/not to be in deathshroud for heals. Because of how much damage they do, I think dps guard/dragonhunter is one of the best combos….Just a win win win in my opinion for the dragonhunter druid combo.

CRAP that was what I was afraid of hahah! I’ve mained guard since launch and have tried my hand at the meditrapper spec, seen how strong it was first hand. I wanted to go about a fresh start with HoT. Thanks for the insight about the interactions of shroud and heals, something I forgot about, will definitely keep in mind now.

Best duo with dr000ds?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I am no revenant expert (nor is anyone, I guess) but I keep wishing I had a ranger to give me fury for 100% crit with no investment in precision. Valks or cavs armor/amulet makes for a tanky, hard hitting revenant.

Best duo with dr000ds?

in Ranger

Posted by: Scrimschaw.5784

Scrimschaw.5784

I would take the Scrapper. Engineer can be specced for very high DPS and has access to finishers that take advantage of the Druid’s fields. The Scrapper and pet can maintain melee pressure while the Druid provides backline support and (to a lesser extent) DPS.

Best duo with dr000ds?

in Ranger

Lumines.3916

thanks for the input so far, any opinion is welcomed!