Best legendary weapon for ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

As title said what is your best legendary weapon for ranger / soul beast base on your opinion build dose not matter

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I have a soft spot for my Dreamer. Pink unicorns are a running joke between my husband and I, started as a joke of me buying him any pink unicorns I could find and now he has a unicorn collection that our daughter regularly raids. When I saw it first in game, I knew it had to be the first one I made. Now that they have the option of turning off the projectile sounds for others, I am more comfortable using it. I didn’t like being the ‘troll’ to others around me.

I have Bolt and Bifrost that the ranger can use as well but Dreamer will always be my favorite.

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Next Longbow legendary. In a year… /sobs

I find GS very handy in every builds, mostly for movement and blocks. Then, it all depends of your build. Go SB or Axe for Condi, then LB, GS or Sword for Power.

Astralaria is my favourite.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Astralaria is wonderful and it is used soooo often, more so after the buff in axe trait.

Shinning Blase is also a good choice because sword is used very often too.

If you like playing Druid alot in group, then Nevermore is your top choice.
The projectile effect is amazing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

If you like playing Druid alot in group, then Nevermore is your top choice.
The projectile effect is amazing.

So….you are supporting the continued deforestation of Tyria? Of course I am kidding but seriously close to 30,000 logs of various types to finish (rounding up of course). I always found it ironic that a Druid, in lore anyway, was found in forests or around oaks trees. Yet here was are in GW2 fantasy land cutting down trees to make this staff.

On another note it was the one I decided to make mainly due to camping staff a lot. Thinking it would get a lot of use. First four collections I had a lot of fun, thought it was worth it more or less. HoT + Mastery Points – not so much. Down to the last 27 mastery points and it isn’t that much fun when PvE isn’t your thing or you didn’t do much in HoT outside map complete.

The exalted requirement is a epic fail for gifts…but to topic Nevermore gets my vote unless we could use pistols.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

My Bolt goes great with my electric wyvern and my Kudzu is the most beautiful bow ever.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Kudzu because longbow is what makes Ranger unique.

But I don’t like the skin and effects. The only nice thing is that it has a different projectile, which no other longbow has unfortunately. But even the projectile itself isn’t my style.

For a new Longbow Legendary design… probably something realistic looking, but with wind effects like that backitem and a different sound effect when you fire it. The only longbow I know which has a different sound effect is the Super Longbow. Not really the sound you want, but it’s nice to hear something else.

in Ranger

Posted by: VictoriaCross.3205

VictoriaCross.3205

Kudzu is a half legendary.It is not suitable for everyone.I hope they design a second legendary LB in future.
I am using Storm Bow ( cancelled legendary) GW1 bow. It have legendary effects, draw /withdraw sounds (thunder cloud etc.) Changed LB skill 1 sound. If stormbow have footfalls i would call legendary EZ.
What i recommend you is: God Slayer LB + Storm Bow + Super LB + Tempest LB.They are great

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Well.most fitting is the howler and of course kudzu.
Both looking sweet and match perfect the ranger theme.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Mechanically ranger is not in dire need of a legendary. Maybe staff can use multiple stat sets.

Visually, Chuka and Champawat. For every pink unicorn a pony-eating tiger needs to be fired!!

(edited by ZeftheWicked.3076)

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Mechanically ranger is not in dire need of a legendary. Maybe staff can use multiple stat sets.

Visually, Chuka and Chumpawat. For every pink unicorn a pony-eating tiger needs to be fired!!

Legendary is always for visual, not stat choice.

That being said, I find that I use LB less and less because of the restriction of forcing you into Marksmanship if you want it to be even functional to begin with. (Plus you have to forfeit predator onslaught)

in Ranger

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

If that longbow part is about my choice, then Chuka and Champawat is a shortbow, despite how big it looks.

in Ranger

Posted by: TheSlothArmada.6709

TheSlothArmada.6709

The nevermore, and nothing more

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…Legendary is always for visual, not stat choice.

I have Frostfang, Nevermore, Howler, Rodgort, Incinerator and Twilight, all on my Ranger and I hardly use any of them for the visuals.

in Ranger

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Dude the twin tiger shortbow…

Why is this even a discussion?

Tigers trump crows and ponies.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

well for me i kind stuck becuse ihave alredy twighlight and dont know what leg should i pick next i mean long bow seems the pick but idont like kudzu

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

…Legendary is always for visual, not stat choice.

I have Frostfang, Nevermore, Howler, Rodgort, Incinerator and Twilight, all on my Ranger and I hardly use any of them for the visuals.

Not many people are as rich as you lolz..
We make legendaries for their skin and visual effect.
If I want the stat I’d just open an ascended box and change its stat through mystic forge.

in Ranger

Posted by: skystorm.9280

skystorm.9280

I would lean towards LB and GS; classics for a reason. With SB showing good promise for power builds they could be staples.

Personally, I love Twilight (built this little story around it) and its one of the originals!

in Ranger

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Best looking, I’d have to go with Dreamer. Close second is Frostfang, the Iceps look awesome on an Asura and the footfalls are really distinctive. Frostfang pairs well with Howler and the two together look great. Kudzu, Bifrost, Bolt and Rodgort (Fireceps) are nice. Twilight not so much to me, same with Incinerator.

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaSonic.1392

NinjaSonic.1392

Axe, both look great but Astralia is my favorite. You can always go fiery dragon sword + frostfang for a fire/ice look. Build wise it’s the best too because you can use it with S/A for power ranger and A/T for condi ranger so the stat changing comes in handy.

[DIS] Dissentient – Streetlamp Lé Moose (Best Ranger North Korea)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I definitely get some looks running Kudzu on my Charr. I don’t care. She also has a wizard’kitten. =)

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Ranger

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

It should have been Chuka+Champawat. Shortbow is meta, the journey to crafting the bow is themed around the hunting of animals, conservation of nature (In spite of T2’s deforestation requirement), and care. It should have been perfect for Soulbeast, because it is themed around the spirit of animals. It also lends itself to a nice mobile condi switch-hitter build with daggers for close range and the Shortbow for slightly longer ranges.

Unfortunately, Soulbeast is an aesthetic disaster. Chuka+Champawat is a beautiful black, red, and gold bow themed around the soul of a tiger, with orange effects. Soulbeast, in contrast, is an overly-bright green fart based around leaves and vines… So I guess Kudzu, because clearly an elite specialization named Soul Beast is supposed to accentuate a Ranger’s connection to the assorted plants in the world.

Yes, I am extremely salty about the terrible design the Soulbeast was afflicted with – I was so hyped for that class way back when it was leaked, and dealing with the letdown of how awful the visual effects associated with the specialization since the demo has been extremely emotionally painful. Really wish I knew what the hell the designers were thinking when they made its effects.

(edited by Sartharina.3542)

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

There’s only one answer and it’s Kamohoali’i Kotaki.

And not only because it’s hilarious to hear your guildmates attempt to pronounce it when you link it on guild chat. I mean, sharks! Does it get any better than sharks? I don’t think so. And you have to prove your mad hunting skills againsts sharks all over Tyria to craft the precursor, the leggie itself looks made from sharks, and on spear 3 it even procs a giant spirit shark. The shark-based bad*ssery is off the scale, frankly.

And if you’re not convinced yet, just think of the futre. Which legendary weapon will be the de facto icon of our brotherhood when the underwater expansion comes and we get the Sharknado elite spec? Or when Landspears and pet Landsharks are inevitably introduced due to popular outcry? Duh. There’s only one answer and it’s Kamohoali’i Kotaki.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

(edited by cafard.8953)

in Ranger

Posted by: Seteruss.4058

Seteruss.4058

Not much of legendaries, but using storm bow and fractal weapons(except gs ofc is awful).
Other than that i believe Chuka+Champawat is the best one, and also as stated above, the hunting them is very well fitted into ranger.

Is it luck or skill keeping you alive?