Best melee weapon set?

Best melee weapon set?

in Ranger

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

What is the best all-around weapon combo for PVE? Sword/Horn? Sword/Axe? Greatsword?

Best melee weapon set?

in Ranger

Posted by: johnIV.3849

johnIV.3849

My money is on sword/warhorn for an offensive best, but sword/torch also gives you 2 nice burns. And GS being the defensive best with an escape, a block, and an interrupt. But sword/axe also gives you a projectile reflect.

But I have only been playing my ranger for just a few weeks, so take my assessment with a grain of salt.

I would be very interested to see what the more experienced rangers have to say about this subject.

Best melee weapon set?

in Ranger

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Sword is the best. Tones of damage, needed evades which also applies very useful poison an leaps from it can be used for healing, evading, running away, mobility and comboed aura’s. Doesn’t get any better than that. The only problem is auto attack rooting.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Best melee weapon set?

in Ranger

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

If you’re starting PvE then I’d recommend starting with the greatsword. It has a better animations than the sword, skill 1 has a free evade, 3 is a more useful leap than on the sword, 4 is a good block with a riposte+interrupt (better than an extra evade), and 5 is a useful daze/interrupt. I’d say this is a medium skill weapon. If you’re medium skilled you’ll get full use from the blocks, leap, and interrupt. If you’re high skilled you can manage without the utility on the greatsword and if you’re low skilled you won’t find the utility on the greatsword.

Best melee weapon set?

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

for DPS sword, but it takes some getting used to
for defense GS, lots of good defensive skills and the dmg isn’t bad

horn>torch in power crit builds and torch is better in condi builds

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

Best melee weapon set?

in Ranger

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I’ve tried the various weapon combinations for Ranger, but always seem to come back to the GS for PvE. I like it’s mobility, and it does a decent amount of damage. If you know you are going to be close range for a number of mobs, GS and Shortbow provide a decent array of options. Cripple, poison, block, leap away, leap in, etc.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Best melee weapon set?

in Ranger

Posted by: tenryuta.2014

tenryuta.2014

If you’re starting PvE then I’d recommend starting with the greatsword. It has a better animations than the sword, skill 1 has a free evade, 3 is a more useful leap than on the sword, 4 is a good block with a riposte+interrupt (better than an extra evade), and 5 is a useful daze/interrupt. I’d say this is a medium skill weapon. If you’re medium skilled you’ll get full use from the blocks, leap, and interrupt. If you’re high skilled you can manage without the utility on the greatsword and if you’re low skilled you won’t find the utility on the greatsword.

sword 1 is the only animation thats not like the rest(my favorite animation besides warrior GS renzokuken) and wondering why thief doesnt have it as well, yes sword 2 is an odd backdash to a leap, but its a tactical skill, same as 3, though 3 is intended as a dodge+poison, but combined with dagger 4 you get 3 dodge skills, good timing required for full effectiveness, and against bosses you whip out the horn and call out some birds>:D

Best melee weapon set?

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

When possible do this:

Sword/Warhorn
(SWAP)
Sword/Axe

Tossing that axe in zerker gear is going to hit for 5k-10k damage so it adds a little bit to your overall DPS. It’s also a CC and an additional moment where you are doing damage but aren’t rooted by your sword animations.

Be sure to swap back for birds.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

(edited by DarkWasp.7291)