Best sigils for trap ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

My build >> http://tinyurl.com/bmeqa9b
My gear is focused on condition damage and precision , what sigils should I put on my sword/torch , axe/dagger and spear/harpoon gun ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Guys ? any advices ?

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Ranger

Posted by: BlackhawkSOM.6401

BlackhawkSOM.6401

Sigil of smoldering for your torch and use sigil of energy for everything else.

Because you are not using shortbow that is one less evade you have so sigil of energy can be very usefull for you. Lay traps dodge dodge dodge repeat.

Oh btw dont worry about sigils for underwater weapons too much, a noob ranger thats underwater can own 2 rank 50 eles with no problem. To bad we are not as strong as on land lol.

Also your pets…..use wolf and drakehound please…trust me on that

Retuxan-80 Ranger-Rank 40
Jade quarry, MoG

(edited by BlackhawkSOM.6401)

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Sigil of smoldering !! it will increase burning 20% so >> 1 second will be 1.2 ? funny !
Any other useful sigils ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

actualy, its 8×1 second … Also it would increase the torch throw duration . Quite nice i would say

in Ranger

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

That poison trap is total waste. Spike trap is kinda GG tho.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Sigil of Earth is probably the most common option for this type of build due to the high precision and condition damage, you’ll get nice and consistent additional bleeds. You will definitely do well with on-crit sigils in any case, some other options worth trying out are leeching, might, and chill.

I don’t personally like condition duration sigils as so much is lost in rounding, if you want to use these make sure that you’re actually getting the extra ticks.

PS: You need 5 points in WS for the extra dodges, I suggest you move them from Nature Magic.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

But the viper nest has shorter cooldown and does more damage than the spike trap. ( according to wiki )
If I have two sigils that have cooldown and on different weapon sets , can I use both of them without waiting their cooldown to end ? ( battle on sword/torch , fire on axe/dagger.)

in Ranger

Lert.6287

Believe me, theory is one, practice is something other. I run 0-30-30-5-5 build focusing on armor and critical chance and still use fire and spike trap. Spike trap is really good. You get a chance to AoE immoblizing foes for 1 or 2 seconds.

Yeh, you can easly use sigil of battle in one and other sigil on 2nd. This doesn’t work with things like: dual sigil of battle in one weapons set or sigil of bloodlust along with sigil of corruption.

Engineer / Piken Square
YT Channel

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

But the viper nest has shorter cooldown and does more damage than the spike trap. ( according to wiki )
If I have two sigils that have cooldown and on different weapon sets , can I use both of them without waiting their cooldown to end ? ( battle on sword/torch , fire on axe/dagger.)

Poison also decreases healing effects by 33%, which is a big plus in sPvP. It’s always hard to choose which traps to leave out, they’re all great. Chill is excellent as well, gotta love that 66% cooldown increase.

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Believe me, theory is one, practice is something other. I run 0-30-30-5-5 build focusing on armor and critical chance and still use fire and spike trap. Spike trap is really good. You get a chance to AoE immoblizing foes for 1 or 2 seconds.

Yeh, you can easly use sigil of battle in one and other sigil on 2nd. This doesn’t work with things like: dual sigil of battle in one weapons set or sigil of bloodlust along with sigil of corruption.

So I should use Corruption/battle on sword/torch and Earth/? on axe/dagger. What should I put on dagger ? Sigil of Accuracy as it doesn’t have cooldown ? what about sigil of agony for axe/dagger ?

About viper and spike , I will give them a try today.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

in Ranger

Lert.6287

Sorry, I didn’t give you direct answer about sigils. Sometimes I tend to make off topics out of nowhere.
If you got additonal 3-4 gold (not counting cash for sigils), buy additonal weapon to make it double of same kind. What i mean, that I’ve got sigil of bloodlust on sword, and when I get enough stacks (mostly 10-15) i switch it with other sword with different sigil (leeching). These stacks will stay.

Well, tbh I don’t really know what advice should I give to you. It’s rather strange and not really strong build.
Sigil of battle is always good as long you switch weapons pretty often. As far as I know, it’s kinda bugged in bersekers weapons, and effect of this sigil had 30-45sec cooldown instead of 10.
If you want some survivality, sigil of blood is either an option.
With good precision you can go even for ’’bursty’’ sigils like Sigil of fire.

Personally I’ve got sigil of battle in off-hand warhorn. Sigil of bloodlust and sigil of leeching on swords. Sigil of blood on GS and sigil of strenght on SB (I always use SB, sometimes I switch between GS and duals), but sigil of strenght ain’t really that good one.

Engineer / Piken Square
YT Channel

(edited by Lert.6287)

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

Earth will probably give you the most additional damage, if that’s what you’re after I’d go Earth/Force on your main set and Earth/Battle on your secondary. The only downside to Earth is the bleedcap in PvE group play.

You didn’t mention what this is for though, if it’s wvw you could use fire sigil instead of earth on axe. If it’s spvp, you might throw in some leeching or chilling. Just remember not to use two of the same sigil type at a time (on-crit, on kill, on swap).

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -