Best way to generate AF = Zero Healing Power

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

Since it still works by tick and not percentage, having a lot of healing power actually reduces astral force generation, as you heal yourself fully/allies fully and get no time to gather AF.

It’s only been a few minutes since the november 19 patch and I still find no way to gather AF efficiently on my own, or even in parties, especially with medium to high HP.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Lol builds that actually built around support recharge slower.

in Ranger

Posted by: SoftLight.2175

SoftLight.2175

funny hu? for me i´m done with my druid for now. i actually loved it but this is just insane

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Remains to be seen but could you imagine crafting clerics or minstrel or some other ascended set? This makes it too kitten expensive and difficult when the developers are playing Pick Up Sticks with the Druid’s trait system.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I’ll admit, my first thought was to ease off Bursts and lean harder on Regens.
Kinda’ seems more like Ventari’s deal.

I’ll reserve my actual judgement after testing more extensively, but I thought it was worth mentioning my knee jerk impression.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

Lol builds that actually built around support recharge slower.

and i was just thinking getting that expensive zealot set, which seem to be the hot new thing, just some minutes ago in game when i came to the forums and saw this changes. Thanks god i didnt buy anything. Even still this change ruin druid in so many levels is not fun to play, not viable not anything.

in Ranger

Posted by: JKatz.1230

JKatz.1230

I just tested around and yeah, I generate much more energy compare to builds using Healing Power now (or at least more steady). Felt bad for people who invested into Healing Power gears glad I just stick to my berserker and sinister gears.

IGN: Mint Elbolt (Asura Ranger)

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Its True Funny.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Honestly, this sort of constant change supports the theory that the game wasn’t designed to support any type of healing stat or mechanic.

Run berserker, learn to dodge, or go home.

Seems rather ironic but that is the game mechanic in a nutshell outside of condition clearing or playing Dress Up Barbie.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Rofl! This last change is so stupid I can’t believe it. Now all it takes to get AF up before going out is a few good damaging jumps from high places. What a truly awesome mechanic you have accomplished Anet. Really, best design decision ever! Lol!

What a joke.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

Taking damage to build AF works for me anyway. Since I’ve spent the past 3 years banging my head into the wall.

>.>

Headdesk

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

Rofl! This last change is so stupid I can’t believe it. Now all it takes to get AF up before going out is a few good damaging jumps from high places. What a truly awesome mechanic you have accomplished Anet. Really, best design decision ever! Lol!

What a joke.

well to give them credit anet is not too smart or good at any design, fixes or in general how the game/ranger works. Remember when they nerfed to hell the shortbow because all people did was press 11111111111111 lol. So to give them credit this AF debacle have not been the worse they have done (i suppose, tho this is really bad). They make good music for example, well the composers and music people does but design is not there strong suit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Awkwardboner.3570

Awkwardboner.3570

And this is where im out. After spending around a month on farming asc cleric gear for the druid. This happens… Im srsly done…

in Ranger

Posted by: SoftLight.2175

SoftLight.2175

well i m not sure in general what i m gonna do about it but as i restarted gw2 just for the druid and i love the idea people now can actually play something different then “#omgicebowzerkerelewhodoes50kdpswhileheneveractuallydiditinreality”

i just dont feel like i wanna play gw2 since todays patch. like i was having a blast most time since hot release allways something i wanted to do or try out but now i m just sitting here in lionsarch and doing like this: “enter a fractal..holy kitten this sucks” okay.. what am i gonna do know? i would like to have that fancy weapon there but i m 95% sure if i buy it arena net will nerf it nomorrow so i better just dont buy anything at all and just sit here doing nothing

in Ranger

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

Very true. Not a good mechanic Anet. Not good at all.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I love being punished for skillfully landing my heals!

in Ranger

Posted by: Nephar.3746

Nephar.3746

The mechaninc change has its logic, but actually it nerfs too much the healing capabilities of the class. You can still manage to build enough energy in raid to turn in celestial form but u almost have to sit on staff making the gameplay much boring than before and less effective. If Anet think (logically) that energy should come from effective healing then should buff its gain from this.
Should be very nice to see a mechanic “on request” like necromancer Death Shroud.

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

Yeah as others mentionned it heavily punishes players using an attribute directly tied to the mechanic of the eSpec.

I’m not exactly sure why there isn’t enough quality testing before such huge change