Beware of the Balance, patch is coming

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

In the last AMA in reddit Karl pointed out the skill balance is coming soon.
https://dd.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6pj6wm/one_path_ends_devs_here_ask_us_anything/dkpr8b4/

What do you think what changes will come to the ranger and druid?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

(edited by anduriell.6280)

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

Warrior:
Increased Duration or decreased recharge time for invulnerability skills
More Damage
Aditional stun effect

Ranger:
+1% Damage for Axe
But maybe we will finally fix the hilt bash bug for ranger … thats great isn’t it?

Edit: Ok, seriously:
I hope, that spirits are useful and druid finally leaves his beta status. But it will not happen.
The best thing anet could do, is nef everything in the ground. Maybe higher activation times for nearly all instant skills. At the moment there are so many skill bombs and too much invulnerability, stability and resistance/condi clean. There is no tactic, just push every button you’ve instant -.-

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

(edited by Aleksander Suburb.4287)

in Ranger

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Further reduction of the druid’s strongest points seems most likely. Possibly some changes to the greatsword and perhaps the pets on top of that.

in Ranger

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

While they love throwing in buffs for core skills, I still don’t know what the hell Staff 2 is supposed to be. Also elite glyph sucks since beta…

in Ranger

Posted by: AnariiUK.7409

AnariiUK.7409

Feels like ranger is in a really good spot for all game-modes at the moment, so I’m not expecting any major buffs or nerfs.

Some things i’d really like to see for PvE:

Overall goal would be to increase the viability of power ranger while maintaining condi druid/ranger in their current state.

• Mainhand axe power buffs being applied to PvE too.
  • Some offhand dagger buffs to bring it in line with SB.
  • Glyph of unity reworked similar to the necro plaguelands treatment.
  • 10-man spirits (I’m actually not sure if this will be a good change).
  • Further increase the damage of GS Autos + Maul.
  • The duration of the “Light on your feet” bonus to be extended to 10 seconds.
  • Some buffs to power utilities, it’s still crazy that sharpening stone is probably the best power damage utility when it literally only applies bleeds.

Not ranger specific but would affect us a lot:

• Further nerfs to racial skills (Sylvan hound).
  • The active stack of regen now prioritises based on healing power.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I can tell you what changes won’t come:

Predator’s Instinct, Most Dangerous Game, Glyphs & “Guard!” not working underwater, sword auto reduced cast times, removing the required target from Solar Beam, renaming “Strength of the Pack!” back to “Rampage as One!” – let alone a change so it’s not just a might stacking elite and condition cleanse with Trooper runes, a cooldown reduction for Polar Bear’s F2, a cast time reduction for Jungle Stalker’s F2, and a fix for Drakes’ AI.

It’s cynical, I know, but it’s also as realistic as it gets. Though, I’m sure there will be good stuff in the patch – regardless of whether it is for Ranger (as a whole) or not.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

While they love throwing in buffs for core skills, I still don’t know what the hell Staff 2 is supposed to be. Also elite glyph sucks since beta…

what would be cool is if the elite glyphs made all damage/healing done to you procs the effect for the others attached (how it is now) AND if one of the people linked takes damage/healing it procs the effect too.

IE if I link 5 mobs any time one of the 5 mobs, or I, take damage from a source other than the glyph than it procs the damage tick from the glyph

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Carrion Devourer improvements.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Some traits and skills will probably be nerfed for every profession in order to “balance” the incoming elite specs.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

lolled at aleksander suburb’s post. I also had the feeling warrior was OP and got attention and finetuned a lot more than a ranger. I got that less since HoT.

agree to most of what’s already said, in PvE:

- make power druid/ranger more on par with condi druid/ranger
- make glyph of unity more viable
- dagger off hand more viable in pve, seems hard to come on par with torch in pve
- improvements to some pets would be nice, the tanky pets are hardly ever chosen in pve. I can’t see a solution here though.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

lolled at aleksander suburb’s post. I also had the feeling warrior was OP and got attention and finetuned a lot more than a ranger. I got that less since HoT.

agree to most of what’s already said, in PvE:

- make power druid/ranger more on par with condi druid/ranger
- make glyph of unity more viable
- dagger off hand more viable in pve, seems hard to come on par with torch in pve
- improvements to some pets would be nice, the tanky pets are hardly ever chosen in pve. I can’t see a solution here though.

A way to make the Tanky pets better would be to give them either some CC or Support imo, cause wyverns are tanky yet the Lightning one is taken, A LOT because it has the ability to absolutely demolish a breakbar

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Some 5% damage buff. Like Crossfire getting 5% power damage buff.

No pet changes.
No skills or traits changes.

In all seriousness, it’s most likely the last balance patch before expansion. Most of time, in all other games, it means LOTS of change, but it’s ANet so I expect nothing,

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

As long as the nerfs are restricted to Druid, I don’t care. Not much longer before we can dump this god awful line.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

Staff 2 is really strong in pvp ^^

Also the elite glyph should reveal since technically it is a tether <shrugs>. Maybe they’ll fix that, probably not tho

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in Ranger

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

10% Buff to Throw Torch power damage incoming

in Ranger

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

Can you explain how? Hitting multiple targets in the first midfight with staff one seems way more efficient. You may start off with 2, but it’s still a very very forgettable skill. Reflects suck too.

(edited by beatthedown.2651)

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Can you explain how? Hitting multiple targets in the first midfight with staff one seems way more efficient. You may start off with 2, but it’s still a very very forgettable skill. Reflects suck too.

Yeah, staff 2 is cool in name only, I wish the whisp did more, or like, did anything noticeable really…

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Yeah, staff 2 is cool in name only, I wish the whisp did more, or like, did anything noticeable really…

Such as inflict burning?

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Such as inflict burning?

I was gonna say amplify our auto attack when hitting a whisp target, but burning would be alright too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Such as inflict burning?

I was gonna say amplify our auto attack when hitting a whisp target, but burning would be alright too.

I would prefer if the wisp either:
A) Healed and transferred conditions from touched allies to circled target.
or
B) Healed and transferred boons from circled target to touched allies.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Such as inflict burning?

I would prefer if the wisp either:
A) Healed and transferred conditions from touched allies to circled target.
or
B) Healed and transferred boons from circled target to touched allies.

I would literally kill someone for rangers to be able to interact with boons in any way, even a Destruction of the Empowered would be nice.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

Staff 2 is strong for its astral force generation potential, especially in side node skirmishes (which is what a druid should focus on).

Of course it falls off in team fights because your options for af regen multiply. But druid as a whole false off in team fights.

Now I understand that most druids in pvp, not really knowing any better, run build variants that overinvest on astral force regeneration. These builds are great because they generaly have a lower skill floor. In these builds, yes, staff 2 is rather useless. For an example of a build that relies on staff 2 alot more, look at the the build I played vs r55 in the last ugo finals (you can even hear misha complimenting it on Sindreners vods).

Don’t get me wrong, I am not against a small buff (reveal /including burning/transferring conditions from allies it touches to the target are all good suggestions). I just wanted to point out that the skill itself is massively undervalued by the greater share of the druid population ^^

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in Ranger

Posted by: Loxsus.3841

Loxsus.3841

I would love to be able to use Sunrise without getting people rolling their eyes within dungeons. Maybe bring it within 5% of sword damage so it’s still less for for sword purists while being within reasonable reach.

So PLEASE some greatsword buffs to AA damage.

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Still waiting, and praying, for 2sec Superspeed on Hunter’s Shot. Honestly this small change would be such a big deal.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

wisp should do something to the enemies around the target as well. Kinda lame in it’s current stat since staff is pretty much a range weapon, how are you going to utilise the wisp heal properly

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

If anything, Astral Wisp should just play into the support role and additionally offer damage mitigation by blinding foes it touches or a very brief duration – 1½-2s or so.

It’s a minor thing, but it beats giving it the ability for a support line and utility weapon to deal more damage. Would rather not see any more damage added onto Druid.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.