Blatant class favoritism

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

If the popularity of “Hunters” from other mmos was low I doubt they would have even included the class in GW2. Seems more like a marketing gimmick than a profession that is actually necessary. Oh do you need ranged dps with aoe? Staff ele. Hmm how about awesome burst dps with solid ranged capabilities? Thief.

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: restoration.2806

restoration.2806

I personally believe that there’s been a gag order put on JP not to communicate with this forum until the next patch or until the powers that be pull that order. Anything he says will probably get flamed unless it’s an ETA with specific fixes that we have all been waiting for. He’s can do no right in this forum right now so why make things worse. Don’t go in and make things worse if you can’t definately make things better. We will not be hearing from him until after the next major Ranger patch, if there is one.

I think this guy is right cause a lot of us have been big kitten to him about the rangers. Yes I am a ranger and I totally think we are being shafted but they said they are working on a patch and now we play and wait for that patch. A bunch of people posted a kitten ton of threads saying we need you to communicate better etc etc and it just seemed like a bunch of whining. Yea I want longbows/shortbows to be fixed and the pets to be able to function properly but he’s not gonna reply on this thread simply because we kittenon him last time he came in here. Maybe if we are nicer and some one sends him a cake they will help us out. Necros used to have a million problems and now they are much better. Just wait till the next patch which didn’t some people say was on the fourteenth

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaMonkey.3917

NinjaMonkey.3917

I personally believe that there’s been a gag order put on JP not to communicate with this forum until the next patch or until the powers that be pull that order. Anything he says will probably get flamed unless it’s an ETA with specific fixes that we have all been waiting for. He’s can do no right in this forum right now so why make things worse. Don’t go in and make things worse if you can’t definately make things better. We will not be hearing from him until after the next major Ranger patch, if there is one.

I think this guy is right cause a lot of us have been big kitten to him about the rangers. Yes I am a ranger and I totally think we are being shafted but they said they are working on a patch and now we play and wait for that patch. A bunch of people posted a kitten ton of threads saying we need you to communicate better etc etc and it just seemed like a bunch of whining. Yea I want longbows/shortbows to be fixed and the pets to be able to function properly but he’s not gonna reply on this thread simply because we kittenon him last time he came in here. Maybe if we are nicer and some one sends him a cake they will help us out. Necros used to have a million problems and now they are much better. Just wait till the next patch which didn’t some people say was on the fourteenth

We’ve already done the “wait for the next patch” thing and what it brought us was tooltip fixes and underwater buffs without addressing a single substantial (JP’s word) issue. I think you can understand why the call to wait for the next patch is met with a modicum, read crapton, of skepticism.

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Agreed. Signet of the hunt needs to and will go to 25%.

FYI this is slated for the 14th of December.

Seems pretty clear to me (at least for this one)

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

How about you wait until/if said change is actually implemented before drawing premature conclusions?

We’ve had our share of empty promises before. You’d think you’d have learned from that.

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

How about you wait until/if said change is actually implemented before drawing premature conclusions?

We’ve had our share of empty promises before. You’d think you’d have learned from that.

Take your own advice please.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

but rangers are straight up ABUSED by the devs.

Like how how your post, and many people here, abuse the devs? Goodness’ sakes yes the ranger’s got problems and yes it would be very nice if they got sorted but screaming abuse at them ISN’T. HELPING.

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I’m not drawing ‘premature conclusions’ (unlike you apparently) nor do I need you to lecture me on what I should have learned or not. I merely posted two recent quotes from Jon.

“kittened if you do, kittened if you don’t”?

Take your own advice please.

^ and this!

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: BlindedPeace.8736

BlindedPeace.8736

Seriously? I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but devs are busy. You all are being a little (read: VERY) immature about this. Yes, the Mesmer has been posted on by devs more frequently. Yes, the Mesmer got a hotfix. Did you think that maybe, just maybe, the shortbow issue is not something that can be “easily fixed”?

On the inclusion of “QQ pets havn’t been fixed since launch but mesmers got this and that fix…”, You’re being selfish. Yes, pets need a little love. Yes, the AI is weird (Coming from a man with an 80 necro and two rangers, trust me when I say pet/minion AI is shotty). But think about it, programming an entire AI isn’t a night’s work. It takes months, especially when you test for loopholes and flaws. Coding isn’t an Instant gratification sort of thing. It takes time, and whining and “threatening” the devs by quitting (good riddance) is a waste of our time, and a waste of theirs. I can’t blame the devs for ignoring forums full of whiny twelve-year-olds who demonize the devs regardless of the nature of the post.

Reyson Aedric, Engineer
“Sure, if by “diplomacy” you mean “pry-bar-to-faces.”

(edited by BlindedPeace.8736)

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: YumCHA.8706

YumCHA.8706

Why release a game if its not even ready? Oh wait. Because they had to satisfy the customer’s demands. Therefore resulted in a buggy, out of place mmorpg.

Rangetastic, 80 Ranger | Archers United [ARC]
Sea of Sorrows

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Why release a game if its not even ready? Oh wait. Because they had to satisfy the customer’s demands. Therefore resulted in a buggy, out of place mmorpg.

>implying there are MMOs that have released without bugs
>implying no good MMO has bugs

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

>implying there are MMOs that have released without bugs
>implying no good MMO has bugs

>implying that bugs aren’t bad.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

Seriously? I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but devs are busy. You all are being a little (read: VERY) immature about this. Yes, the Mesmer has been posted on by devs more frequently. Yes, the Mesmer got a hotfix. Did you think that maybe, just maybe, the shortbow issue is not something that can be “easily fixed”?

On the inclusion of “QQ pets havn’t been fixed since launch but mesmers got this and that fix…”, You’re being selfish. Yes, pets need a little love. Yes, the AI is weird (Coming from a man with an 80 necro and two rangers, trust me when I say pet/minion AI is shotty). But think about it, programming an entire AI isn’t a night’s work. It takes months, especially when you test for loopholes and flaws. Coding isn’t an Instant gratification sort of thing. It takes time, and whining and “threatening” the devs by quitting (good riddance) is a waste of our time, and a waste of theirs. I can’t blame the devs for ignoring forums full of whiny twelve-year-olds who demonize the devs regardless of the nature of the post.

You Sir, are insulting your fellow players.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

What an immature thread.

The reason he was posting on the mesmer forums is likely because the phantasm issue is a lot more game breaking since it’s affecting every weapon combination and is a central class mechanic.

Ranger pets aren’t a central class mechanic?

Are they really necessary to kill anything?

Yes they are. They do a large part of a Rangers DPS when the pet is alive and able to land a hit. Without the pet doing and damage causes the over all Rangers DPS to drop off by a lot. I would estimate about 20-40% lose in damage depending on what trait spec and pet the Range is using.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

They are afraid of us. In this part of forums the laws of nature still apply and now that many rangers hunger for dev flesh, they dare not to venture here.

that is all.

Anykinda fix that Anet implements for ranger, I will forever be skeptical.

I care not for speed of news, all I care about is results. Meaning im not runshing anyone, More Communication is def needed tho – dont leave your players hanging – too long in the wind or buff useless skills like Soth……

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

(edited by thrice.9184)

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

BTW Phantasms were not fixed yet, that comes Tomorow with the Range patch

Blatant class favoritism

in Ranger

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

BTW Phantasms were not fixed yet, that comes Tomorow with the Range patch

Yes, however OP is complaining because JP is replying and interacting with the mesmer forums. He is citing numbers, responding to posters, and giving specifics.

Previously JP didn’t comment on a single thing, simply came in with empty generic promises that left us wanting more and outraged when we were denied the promises.

However, OP posted this BEFORE the comments about lbow projecticle speed, SotH, and some small fixes to the pet AI (notice how he makes sure to say this won’t fix everything, but should improve somethings lol)

RIP in peace Robert