Bleed from anywhere shortbow

in Ranger

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

Warrior’s Rifle has it, Thieves pistol has it, why doesn’t the shortbow have it?
Ours shortbow is the only on that has bleed when flanking restriction. Why?

The bleed duration from their weapons is already longer than ours, i think this would be a neat buff to the rangers.

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

????

Balance isn’t about every class having the exact same thing as every other class.
If you want a bleed from anywhere weapon play an engi or ask for warrior condition dmg to finally be viable.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I think it should have it I can think of no reason not to.

in Ranger

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

I never stated i want every class to have the exact same thing, however i do think that balance can be achieved by every class having the same benefits.

For instance, let’s assume two classes are exactly equal in terms of balance, however one has a superior heal than the other one. I don’t want to have the exact same heal as the other class, but i do want something just as good as.

That’s what i think balance is at least.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kiran.2705

Kiran.2705

????

Balance isn’t about every class having the exact same thing as every other class.
If you want a bleed from anywhere weapon play an engi or ask for warrior condition dmg to finally be viable.

Balance isn’t about giving every class EXCEPT ONE the same thing either, so try again.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rengaru.4730

Rengaru.4730

The attack speed for Crossfire is about twice as fast as Bleeding Shot, to remove the condition for the bleed you would require a reducement in physical damage to balance it out.

• Crossfire shoots ~2 times per second for 134 (+128 bleeding) base-damage
    Thats 268 Base-DPS or 524 Base-DPS if the bleeds are applied
  • Bleeding Shot fires ~1 times per second for 155 (+ 255 bleeding) base-damage
    Thats 410 Base-DPS

It would be nice however if there was an alternative way to apply the bleeding.
For example “If you hit them from behind or from the side or if that foe is near any of your allies” (kind of like how it worked in GW1)

That way you could use you pet to meet one of the requirements, while it isn’t flat out stronger than other weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Rengaru’s #s above are actually slightly off, because the rate of fire is about .33 for Crossfire and about .85 for Bleeding Shot, which means Crossfire is more than twice as fast as Bleeding Shot. In other words, Crossfire does comparable DPS to other ranged #1 skills and is probably still superior to Vital Shot and Long Range Shot even without the bleed at all.

The bleed makes it probably the best ranged autoattack in the game, and if anything both Vital Shot and Long Range Shot need a substantial buff to be as good as Crossfire.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

in Ranger

Posted by: Rengaru.4730

Rengaru.4730

I took the values from the wiki, and a short test in-game shows my short bow shooting ~twice a second. Definetly not three times.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

its .5 for SB. def not .33

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Ranger

Posted by: Shathron.5790

Shathron.5790

Ranger is the only profession thats designed around always having a pet. Pets can get agro which allows the ranger to flank opponents much more frequently then any other profession.

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

A warrior bleed trait is 33% on crit a rangers is 66% on crit. Ranger can get bleed for a pets regular attack as well as bleed on feline and other animals if traited. You can’t just compare the weapons on stuff like this you also have to consider what the rangers pet is doing.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

A warrior bleed trait is 33% on crit a rangers is 66% on crit. Ranger can get bleed for a pets regular attack as well as bleed on feline and other animals if traited. You can’t just compare the weapons on stuff like this you also have to consider what the rangers pet is doing.

The warrior one is an auto trait, not one you have to slot for.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Ranger pet conditions are completely unbuffed and unaffected by gear.

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

So its advantage aswell as a disadvantage.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

The warrior one is an auto trait, not one you have to slot for.

The warrior one lasts for 3seconds aswell or 4 if he picks the trait to increase it, the ranger one only 1s.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

????

Balance isn’t about giving every class EXCEPT ONE the same thing either, so try again.

Think about how long it took them to put a Stun Break on Quickening Zephyr.
Perhaps that is exactly how Anet thinks balance works.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

(edited by Bran.7425)

in Ranger

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

You can’t look at other classes and say “they have it so why don’t I!”, that’s not how balancing works and it’s almost the exact opposite tbh because otherwise you’d have 8 extremely androgynous classes with no variation in the slighest.

Shortbow is good. I have no idea where you got this concept of it needing buffs from.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

You also can’t throw out next to useless traits as examples of compensation.
Anyone who takes sharpened edges in instanced PvP is a fool.
Its a 66% chance at a 1 second bleed meaning literally no amount of bonus condition duration in TPvP will ever make it longer. At best on a heavy crit/condi spec it could end up being a 5% dmg buff. On those specs vigor or your pet critting for 30% more means much more.

Think about how long it took them to put a Stun Break on Quickening Zephyr.
Perhaps that is exactly how Anet thinks balance works.

If you look at what they’ve done over the past 8 months, how every fix is half ast and delayed as kitten…

I have literally no faith in Anets abilities to balance the game or improve it in any notable way.
My only hope for GW2 is the release of a construction kit so people can pay a bit of money to tweak the games balance and create custom maps for people to play.
Realistically that’s the only hope for the game, its never going to have popular or even somewhat well made PvP short of that.

Then the devs can focus on making cool looking skins and charging for them, while also making a bit of money on the construction kit letting them actually afford enough staff to make a real PvP team, one that can build off all of the custom changes and trials players are doing to make a good game…
It’s only hope though, since Anet completely screwed the pooch when it comes to PvP. They cut out any way for PvP to make them money and made nothing in PvP attractive to the masses. Kind of a sinkhole of failure right there.

Anyways its just a rambling dream though.
Odds greatly lean towards nothing happening to crossfire.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in Ranger

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

the angle from which it bleeds target should be increased but that’s all.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Sarcasm aside maybe a better solution would be to lower the base damage on crossfire have it apply bleed on strike and then have it do increased damage while ‘flanking’.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Does anybody consider shortbow to in any way do too much damage while flanking and applying bleeds? I sure don’t, it should get it from all angles would only make it a great ranged weapon for condition builds but hardly too much.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Does anybody consider shortbow to in any way do too much damage while flanking and applying bleeds? I sure don’t, it should get it from all angles would only make it a great ranged weapon for condition builds but hardly too much.

I do consider it doing too much damage from flanking, but its balanced by facing the ranger.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

I do consider it doing too much damage from flanking, but its balanced by facing the ranger.

Could you elaborate on that? because it’s still needle pricks compared to most :I

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Ranger is the only profession thats designed around always having a pet. Pets can get agro which allows the ranger to flank opponents much more frequently then any other profession.

This is true if we are talking about poor coding and subpar ai, wich sadly also describes our pet. Against anything that matters like a player then no this is not the case. Or against multiple targets.