Bring Axe Ricochet's bounce back

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Since Balance Patch is in 2 weeks or 4 weeks (or more…), I hope ANet devs reconsider bringing Axe AA (Ricochet) bounce back.

1) It was requested nowhere and not OP.
3) The damage buff was nice, but not enough to warrant a bouncing nerf.
4) Axe is the only ’’AoE’’ tagging ranged weapon (LB Barrage, Winter’s Bite, then what ?)
5) Ricochet’s Bounce wasn’t even bouncing (Look Thief SB’s Trick Shot for an example or real bouncing).

Finish once for all the Axe hybrid/identity crisis. Both Axes (MH/OH) need to be looked on, period.

As a player that main Ranger and Mesmer… I remember the patch that removed the bounce, it was the same patch that gave the Mesmer its bouncing back on Mirror Blade. If well rotated, a mesmer can have Mirror Blade on 2-3 secs cooldown, which is nearly a spammable AA. Take in consideration it does true bouncing, is unblockable and has 1200 range. Anyways, Apples and Oranges, right ?

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I agree. Even with the damage buff, giving back the ability to hit three targets would not be OP – at all. I’ve never heard ANYONE complain about axe being too strong.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

+2

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Ranger

Posted by: Brtiva.9721

Brtiva.9721

Really dislike that change, I loved the old bounces…now, I just hardly log on my ranger. Yeah, it still works, but it isn’t nearly as cool for me. Not nearly as fun for me, and I play for fun.

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

I dont even notice it a lot, except that my might stacks are much lower→ which maybe the reason why they nerfed it.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

Krispera.5087

I dont even notice it a lot, except that my might stacks are much lower-> which maybe the reason why they nerfed it.

It’s still very easy to stack 25 might with Nature Magic, WHaO and Axe. Then slap Sigil of Strength on the MH or OH and you’re back to square one. Also, it’s only a self buff. Meanwhile, other professions such as Ele, Rev and Warrior are farting might to others. Ranger can’t (I mean they can, but not as easily).

I tend to play lots of professions, so I’m always disappointed by the lack of AoE on the Ranger and, for me, the third bounce on Ricochet was the only way that was close to it.

Again, it’s mostly an open PvE request and for zerging purpose. Axe is meta only on the condi instance ranger and beside that, it’s hardly used.

(edited by Krispera.5087)

in Ranger

Krispera.5087

Rezzing my own thread.

Can someone explain me why :

1) Thief SB got buffed and Ranger Axe still doesn’t have its bounce back ?

- Trick Shot: Increased number of bounces to 3. Now deals 25% increased damage to poisoned foes.
- Detonate Cluster: Increased number of bombs to 4.
- Choking Gas: Increased damage by 200%. This skill now briefly dazes foes with 5 or more stacks of poison every pulse. The same foe cannot be dazed more than once every second.

2) Splitblade and Winter’s Bite damage is not increased like Choking Gas ?

I don’t care if you keep saying those skills are condi, it’s not an excuse to do terrible damage. One blade of Splitblade do 34 damage (170/5). Winter’s Bite is not spammable like Choking Gas (Unblockable) and still under its damage ?

3) Warrior Axe got a buff on many skills, but not Ranger MH and OH ?

- Axe Mastery: Now gives 300 bonus ferocity as long as you have at least one axe equipped. (Same as us, minus the 50 ferocity difference)
- Throw Axe: Increased damage by 27%. (Oh, they Throw Axes harder than Rangers now)
- Dual Strike: No longer gives fury. Now gives quickness for 1.5 seconds per strike that hits. (Easier than to trait sword and evade to triggers Quickness)
- Buff to AA and Burst/Primal : Not cited.

(edited by Krispera.5087)

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

I dont even notice it a lot, except that my might stacks are much lower-> which maybe the reason why they nerfed it.

It’s still very easy to stack 25 might with Nature Magic, WHaO and Axe. Then slap Sigil of Strength on the MH or OH and you’re back to square one. Also, it’s only a self buff. Meanwhile, other professions such as Ele, Rev and Warrior are farting might to others. Ranger can’t (I mean they can, but not as easily).

I tend to play lots of professions, so I’m always disappointed by the lack of AoE on the Ranger and, for me, the third bounce on Ricochet was the only way that was close to it.

Again, it’s mostly an open PvE request and for zerging purpose. Axe is meta only on the condi instance ranger and beside that, it’s hardly used.

Yeah i changed my build in the meanwhile and you are right you can easily keep your 25 stacks.
Axe AA should be like: First hit applies bleed, second and third give might to you and your pet (max stack of 8 ).
Wintersbite: Should hit 5 targets on default, applies torment instead if bleed for more diversity.
Path of scares: Ground target and work like Phoenix and Herold Shield 4.
Whirling defences: Let us move Anet.

And in addition because Sword has an identity crisis too:
Swap serpent strike with stalkers strike on dagger. Stalkers strike on sword is niw pure power based and does more dmg below 50% health.
Sword 2 consists of Monarchsleap (first part of chain) and stalkers strike (second part).
Hornet sting is standalone 3rd skill and has its activation time reduced.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

(edited by InsaneQR.7412)

in Ranger

Posted by: serow.6524

serow.6524

Disappointed. More bounces please.

Current 80s: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Revenant, Necromancer.
Working on: Engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Fully agree with all that has been said here. Even with 3 bounces, it would be underpowered compared to Thief’s shortbow.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I would like my third bounce back, no idea why it was removed in the first place anyway since Axe is supposed to be our AoE weapon… and a buff to the physical damage of splitblade (or at least the power scaling) would be nice too, so it can be hybrid.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna