Bristleback Nerf

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilrik.6320

Kilrik.6320

Looks like no one else has mentioned yet the nerf to Bristleback in the form of Health/Vitality. It was labeled a bug, but regardless of how they wish to name what they changed, it effectively nerfs the tankability of the Bristleback by reducing the health bar to be the equivalent of a canine or feline. Not trolling, but you might benefit from knowing this before realizing your bristleback, which prior to the change rarely died is suddenly dead or on the fringe thereof.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Makka.3620

Makka.3620

oh well , those nerfs remind me of the current state of my country now ( Egypt) they keep broadcasting kitten on TV till we reached a level that nothing surprises us anymore

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Roul.3205

Roul.3205

oh well , those nerfs remind me of the current state of my country now ( Egypt) they keep broadcasting kitten on TV till we reached a level that nothing surprises us anymore

Never Heared a better description for ranger nerfs :^)

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: worminator.5174

worminator.5174

Already noticed it. 50% hp reduce. From 32k too 16k hp. But dont be too sad about this. We get more bristleback nerfs in the near future. Especially the f2 will be next. Sad but true.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Are you serious? 16K now? God….

Gone to Reddit.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

You shouldn’t be surprised. Even Thief ate Nerf… soon Warriorstate, Ranger is fixed (read: nerfed) every single patch…

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: worminator.5174

worminator.5174

Are you serious? 16K now? God….

Serious. Bristle is now in an league with cats. But interessting is the kind of way anet uses words to adress their changes. Its never a nerf. Sometimes they call it increase of cd or reduce of dmg, but when the nerf hits a 50% reduction then they call it bugfixing or an issue. Bugfixing sounds more positive. Oh, the power of words.

(edited by worminator.5174)

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Lucky they only nerf the HP, maybe this was intended due to how INSANE POWERFUL the F2 is.

Risk vs Reward which is a good thing, but saying that our pets don’t die much anymore if you trait and take right skills there tanky unless its PvE where everything dies in 1 shot.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Morwath.9817

Lucky they only nerf the HP, maybe this was intended due to how INSANE POWERFUL the F2 is.

Risk vs Reward which is a good thing, but saying that our pets don’t die much anymore if you trait and take right skills there tanky unless its PvE where everything dies in 1 shot.

Honestly, I see Bristleback a bit useless. Its F2 is easier to avoid (without CC) than Smokescale burst and Wolf is still needed imho in most cases as CC under swap to prevent rezes and stomps.

I don’t see a reason to nerf it.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Ardenwolfe.8590

Yeah, time to shelve the bristleback.

Gone to Reddit.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I mean, ya know, unless the target isn’t on basically the same Y axis as the pet…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Morwath.9817

I mean, ya know, unless the target isn’t on basically the same Y axis as the pet…

Read his entire post. Bristleback is about as he said risk-reward and skillful play, you don’t use F2 without hard CC.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Blacksarevok.8104

Blacksarevok.8104

lol come on guys, it was always listed to have lower vitality than it had and you should have known this was coming. it was op as hell before, best dps even as a ranged and the same defensive stats as a bear.

though it should be noted that they may have fixed the pathing issues with F2. ive been using it all day and i have yet for it to miss anything? anyone else wanna mess with it?

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Morwath.9817

lol come on guys, it was always listed to have lower vitality than it had and you should have known this was coming. it was op as hell before, best dps even as a ranged and the same defensive stats as a bear.

though it should be noted that they may have fixed the pathing issues with F2. ive been using it all day and i have yet for it to miss anything? anyone else wanna mess with it?

I’d rather see Bear buff…

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Read his entire post. Bristleback is about as he said risk-reward and skillful play, you don’t use F2 without hard CC.

You can CC someone for days and it won’t matter if they are a few degrees lower or higher than the pet. The skill is effectively useless on a target that isn’t on a level plane with the pet.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Fine with me. Being both one of the most powerful DPS pets AND having extremely high health made it too strong on too many fronts. Nothing wrong with having a glass cannon ranged pet. It still needs to get some darned finishers on its attacks (seriously, its literally firing physical projectiles, why is it not a projectile finisher?) but otherwise its fine. Still very good, just doesn’t completely outclass every other ranged pet at literally every aspect like it did before. You want a tankier ranged pet, take a devourer.

And as mentioned, the vitality listed and amount of health it had were always off. So yes, its a bug fix.

The only potential issue I have with this is that the pets no longer match the enemy creatures, which are also ridiculously tanky. Something that could be fixed by fixing the enemies as well, because I don’t see any reason they need to be so tanky either.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

You can CC someone for days and it won’t matter if they are a few degrees lower or higher than the pet. The skill is effectively useless on a target that isn’t on a level plane with the pet.

Case in point: https://youtu.be/W4fmgBG1oeU

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: PeterPrime.1730

PeterPrime.1730

I kind of dislike what they did to its hp pool, it feels rather squishy.. :/

However, not sure if any of you noticed, but it seems like bristleback’s f2 targeting was fixed. It actually hits enemies that are higher or lower now. So, that made the pet slightly more usable at least..

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

I kind of dislike what they did to its hp pool, it feels rather squishy.. :/

However, not sure if any of you noticed, but it seems like bristleback’s f2 targeting was fixed. It actually hits enemies that are higher or lower now. So, that made the pet slightly more usable at least..

Ah, looks like they did. Well kitten, there goes my sure fire way of killing the veterans in Auric basin lol.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Case in point: https://youtu.be/W4fmgBG1oeU

Pretty much this

It needs to physically stick to the target sort of like axe 3 does , otherwise it’s quite useless especially given how buggy terrain is in this game like with the longbow itself you can get obstructed with an enemy simply in front of you at times, it’s weird as hell.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Blacksarevok.8104

Blacksarevok.8104

have you guys actually played at all today?

they apparently fixed the bristleback F2 terrain issue in the patch

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Ardenwolfe.8590

Did they? I shelved mine, but I normally use smokescale. I’ll test it and see.

Edit: Sure enough, they did.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Skynight.2637

Skynight.2637

I dont’ know about you, but when I look at the bristleback I don’t see a cat or something with low toughess or HP…rolepaying isn’t definitely part of this game.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

have you guys actually played at all today?

they apparently fixed the bristleback F2 terrain issue in the patch

Noticed this too. They changed it from (wonky) “free” projectiles to projectiles that travel along the ground (like Path of Scars) so it can reliably hit.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I’d rather Bristleback be a fragile glass cannon.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Looks like no one else has mentioned yet the nerf to Bristleback in the form of Health/Vitality. It was labeled a bug, but regardless of how they wish to name what they changed, it effectively nerfs the tankability of the Bristleback by reducing the health bar to be the equivalent of a canine or feline. Not trolling, but you might benefit from knowing this before realizing your bristleback, which prior to the change rarely died is suddenly dead or on the fringe thereof.

Explains why I am dying more.

I never see information that is needed as trolling, nor should anyone.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: zero.5316

zero.5316

The nerf was kinda called for if my Bristleback could face tank nearly every enemy in HoT. I will never forget the day he tanked the Legendary Blademaster Diarmid and allowed for the team to rez during the dragon stand event xD

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: FriendlyInvader.3126

FriendlyInvader.3126

I fear that they will nerf its F2.

Bristleback Nerf

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I fear that they will nerf its F2.

You can be sure they will.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user