Buff pet swap?

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Ok so previously we were able to Rez our pets if they died instea of for in us to switch giving us an option to get our other 50% or so of our damage back in the fight, but now we have to wait freaking 60 seconds for our pet, who can’t dodge, and can’t really move out of death areas in a reasonable time, and that mobs LOVE to focus on back in the fight to just get absolutely destroyed in the next 4 seconds…

Can we please just make it so either the swap time is the same regardless of if the pet is alive/dead when swapped? Or at the VERY LEAST make it so the dead swap timer is reduced to say 30 seconds? I feel like if this was changed our pets, and in turn us, wouldn’t be so kittened in dungeons.

Or you know, just make them immune to damage, but I feel this change would be just as acceptable and easier to implement.

Thoughts?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

Agreed, I think 60 seconds is far too long. I’d say 40 secs minimum.

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I agree as well, most fights are finished in 60 seconds (not counting legendary bosses) makes our pets just really crappy tanks imo.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I agree as well, most fights are finished in 60 seconds (not counting legendary bosses) makes our pets just really crappy tanks imo.

Especially pets like birds who aren’t very good at tanking xD

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

Switch them just before they die and it’s a 20 sec cooldown.
They did pretty quick tho

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

pets get one shoted so it’s not very easy to swap em before they die
the problem is not in the cooldown but how terrible the pets are in this game

SFR

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: zetherin.8372

zetherin.8372

Ok so previously we were able to Rez our pets if they died instea of for in us to switch giving us an option to get our other 50% or so of our damage

So I’m going to venture a guess and say that you think pets are 50% of the dps done by rangers and when the pet dies, the ranger is super weak??

I don’t agree with that statement but I do agree that the timer seems really long. But it shouldn’t be reduced if the pet dies.

Edit I think the pet should be buffed in PvE but nothing should change in PvP

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: Psychrome.9281

Psychrome.9281

PETS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TANKS.

they are your partner, they arent supposed to take your damage for you like a tank would in other games. “protect me” being the only ability that should do this for you. i dont understand why people think the pet is supposed to tank bad guys for you. honestly i think it is the player who should tank for the pet, maybe that is just me.

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

wait who said that pets should take my(our) dmg ?
i never use this crap skill “protect me” my pets die in dungeons even on passive
even the bear dies and it got 4k vitality, pets are good only for exploration around the map because we fight normal mobs or veterans most of the time

please explain me because im stupid how exactly a dead pet helps the ranger ?

SFR

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Im BM traited and with troll urgent,with the signet of the wild and full healing gear i can keep pretty much alive my pet in PvE.Signet it ticks for 130 per sec for pet,so it can stand 2-3 low aoes.
But i think that they wont change this cause of the haste buff when swapping..
I think they want to punish you for loosing your pet.I think they want us to keep em alive with our skill.
Sometimes its imposible tho so its kind unfair

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: Psychrome.9281

Psychrome.9281

apparently everyone above my post believes that pets should tank for the player well most of them..i was simply saying that your pet isnt soupposed to be some mini pet that takes aggro for you.

for gods sake…pet swap…use heal when your pet needs it not just when you need it…remember F3 and F1 are your friends not just F2… keeping a pet alive is difficult, but without that difficulty the class would be as boring and mindless as thieves are

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

a few notes:

- pets have recently received 1 important fix—they can follow us over ledges now.

- Return to Me will interrupt the animation of a pet’s attack in progress to break off to us.

- Return to Me will clear your pet’s “ability queue”, which means you can use F2 & it will go off immediately.

suggestion:

- allow us to set a priority for our pet’s passive attacks. eg. Moa heal is given 1st priority, so it is used on cooldown & immediately upon petswap. the pet’s autoattack should be at the lowest priority by default.

- add AoE Damage Reduction for pet to Shared Anguish, or another Tier 1 Trait.

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: Qixilver.3784

Qixilver.3784

Ok so previously we were able to Rez our pets if they died instea of for in us to switch giving us an option to get our other 50% or so of our damage

So I’m going to venture a guess and say that you think pets are 50% of the dps done by rangers and when the pet dies, the ranger is super weak??

I don’t agree with that statement but I do agree that the timer seems really long. But it shouldn’t be reduced if the pet dies.

I think the statement is true depending on what pet you use. If you are using an eagle or raven or something like that then they do quite a bit of damage. My eagle crits for much more than I do and his F2 ability recharges quickly. So in situations yes, the pet is crucial to damage output depending on your build and whatnot.

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

15 Pts in Beast Mastery makes a huge difference in pet survivability with faster swaps and when you do screw up it is more forgiving.

Ranger is provided a huge slew of traits and skills that benefit both.

15 pts into wilderness survival grants 2 secs of protection. that is 33% bonus damage reduction. You want your pets dodge roll against AoE spikes, that is it. You get buffed endurence regen, use it to your advantage, even more if you are traited for vigor on Healing Spring pulses.

And as mentioned, use your heals to benefit your pet, not just you.

Your pet is your battle buddy. It is one team, one fight. If you take care of your pet, your pet will take care of you.

Only time my pet ever really goes down is when I failed to pay attention to its health bar.

We have four class mechanic skills, its okay to use f3 and kite for a few seconds if you are waiting for a swap or heal. Players do it all the time in dungeons when they are waiting for a heal.

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I have 30 points in BM and then the rest are in areas that don’t really buff my damage, i don’t wear armor to buff my damage but to buff my supporting ability so i essentially have base damage, so yes, my pet is 50% or MORE of my damage easily.

For someone who runs the stupid 30pt marks and skirmishing glass canon build (which tends to be every ranger i’ve met ever) then no, there’s no way they’d be 50%, but for some of us they are.

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Im BM traited and with troll urgent,with the signet of the wild and full healing gear i can keep pretty much alive my pet in PvE.Signet it ticks for 130 per sec for pet,so it can stand 2-3 low aoes.
But i think that they wont change this cause of the haste buff when swapping..
I think they want to punish you for loosing your pet.I think they want us to keep em alive with our skill.
Sometimes its imposible tho so its kind unfair

i’m a great sword ranger, i run with a stone spirit, the dodge gives prot trait and healing spring (so my pet essentially has infinite protection and regen), I use the sig of wild, AND the regeneration trait and my pet STILL dies because there are one shot mechanics that will target any random target in the area, and for what ever reason when my pets alive they tend to pick him over any other player which is complete bull kitten, sure it saves a bad player from getting downed, but now i gotta be punished for 60 seconds after my pet gets insta kittened the second i swap him, and then i just drag around my dead pet constantly. This would be fine if they were targeted if they could evade, or i could command them to evade, because god knows i try to use my great sword block to intercept ranged attacks for them if they’re CCed, and i try to interrupt but a lot of the one shot mechanics are not only block able but they’re not interruptable either because they’re designed to make you dodge.

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

15 Pts in Beast Mastery makes a huge difference in pet survivability with faster swaps and when you do screw up it is more forgiving.

Ranger is provided a huge slew of traits and skills that benefit both.

15 pts into wilderness survival grants 2 secs of protection. that is 33% bonus damage reduction. You want your pets dodge roll against AoE spikes, that is it. You get buffed endurence regen, use it to your advantage, even more if you are traited for vigor on Healing Spring pulses.

And as mentioned, use your heals to benefit your pet, not just you.

Your pet is your battle buddy. It is one team, one fight. If you take care of your pet, your pet will take care of you.

Only time my pet ever really goes down is when I failed to pay attention to its health bar.

We have four class mechanic skills, its okay to use f3 and kite for a few seconds if you are waiting for a swap or heal. Players do it all the time in dungeons when they are waiting for a heal.

In PvE i’m nearly indestructible at the price of not being able to dish out much damage (that’s where my pet comes in) I don’t normally need to heal because my regen and rejuv take care of it, not to mention i can evade attacks, and what i can’t evade i absorb through raw amounts of toughness and protection, so i pretty much just drop healing spring to either 1) refresh the rejuv on my pet 2) cleanse conditions or 3) because my pet needs a heal, very rarely is it because -I- need the heal because i can just duck away with swoop or block, lick my wounds and charge in when i’m at a good amount of health again.

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: OnionXI.6735

OnionXI.6735

I’m still just leveling my ranger but what I’ve experienced so far makes me worry about how effective I’ll be at max level. I’ve been running with mostly cats, jaguar really, to boost my dps.

Champions just wreck it and usually within 1 or 2 seconds if not instantly. Was fighting a steam ogre champion in metrica province for example and it was taking 70% of my pet’s health not with some super attack with an obvious tell but a regular melee swing. There have been a few other champions like the wasps in fields of ruin that destroy my pet nearly instantly and there’s little or no time to react.

I’m planning on a mostly knight setup at 80 so dps pets are my likely choice in the future. I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like on stuff like subject alpha if my pet gets hit with an ice spike. I don’t think pets should be invincible or anything but either the swap cooldown or the pet’s down time could stand to be a little quicker I think.

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I can keep my pet up against Subject Alpha decently well.
Admittedly, he is of the handful of non-final dungeon bosses I haven’t quite managed to keep it up throughout (master’s bond stack wiping son of a-), I think my record was making it a little over halfway before having to swap. Return is not too much help in this fight as the spread of his AOE is a bit on the crazy side, but Companion’s Defense is good stuff because you’ve got plenty of time between seeing the red circles and the actual damaging effect (heck, it’s so much time I actually have to make a concerted effort to keep myself from dodging too early).

That said (and back on topic), I don’t think cutting down on the penalty of mismanagement is the way to make the pet experience more comfortably relate-able to the experiences people may be familiar with from other games. Just like I don’t think wonky anti-pet options are much of a solution either. I think pets could just use a change specifically targeted for these more problematic game modes that makes them easier to manage for more kinds of builds and levels of player skill in the first place.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

I think when traited to 15 points in BM the cooldown is ok, tho it would be better if it was 40 seconds or so untraited for a dead pet.

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

I think when traited to 15 points in BM the cooldown is ok, tho it would be better if it was 40 seconds or so untraited for a dead pet.

+1 A full minute is simply too long.

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kishandreth.2798

Kishandreth.2798

for the love of our furry and feathery friends, give us a trait we can take to reduce AoE damage they take by 50-75%, but then soo many single target attacks actaully have an aoe field.

Jade maw…. is a furry killer, target pet… i swap, targets pet again… while swap is on recharge, targets dead pet… are you flippin kidding me?

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Posted by: Mefistofell.8619

Mefistofell.8619

They should just remove the pets and buff our dmg ,and pls fix the Obstructed bug when targets are moving ….

Buff pet swap?

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

They should just remove the pets and buff our dmg ,and pls fix the Obstructed bug when targets are moving ….

No way, if they remove pets I’d be pissed because I rolled the pet profession for oh, idk, THE PETS, your post is like saying “I rolled a Mesmer but don’t like illusions, they should remove clones and phantasms and buff our damage and survivability!”