[Build] Ranger Shout Condi Spam with Vid

in Ranger

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Hi guys, elite level ranger newbie here. I threw together a build and ran some matches yesterday and was curious to see what the pros thought.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kehlian.4380

Kehlian.4380

I’m sorry for the out of subject question but… Are you runing on so low FPS everytime ? Oo

Also, like your build, But I wouldn’t use “Protect me!”, it kills your pet too fast :x Maybe switch it for signet of the stone ? same but it also protects your pet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Also, like your build, But I wouldn’t use “Protect me!”, it kills your pet too fast :x Maybe switch it for signet of the stone ? same but it also protects your pet.

Well, it is NOT the same really, it doesn’t trigger the regen or swiftness and it takes 20s longer to recharge (32s with RT). But I agree with you.

Unless you run bears, it doesn’t last long enough as it kills your pet immediately. Also, guard is pretty unrequired for your build, unless you are using it to actually make your pet guard something.

I would swap Protect Me for SoS and Guard for SoR. Either that or change all utility skills to survival and bring WK.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

I’d opt for Spike Trap rather than Sick um , its still a really good Utilitiy knockdown great for +1 bombing since your running a huge damage bonfire the additional Area denial and planting of spike trap to stop foes running away is much more usefull than sick um.

its also a extra AoE Interrupt kd.

protect me is your best choice due to its lower cooldown and with the daze and KD from wolf you can easly lockdown a target while protect me trasfers any damage though its key to Reduce the damage taken in the first place than to just pop it and obsorb everything which will kill your pet effecting one of your major Utilities f2 wolf by going on a 60sec cooldown so prevention is still best .

Sos will do the same job at a lot higher cooldown though it is better if you don’t have means of Negating some damage and need to take all the incomming damage thats why its perfect for Lb/Gs build because of the limited ways to cause prevention of damage out side of counter attack and huntershot which only avoid not prevent unlike Taun+fear+daze and KD + KD(spike trap) protect me becomes immunity and a buff of protection for the pet from guard, it synergises much better than SoS.

in Ranger

Ross Biddle.2367

I’m sorry for the out of subject question but… Are you runing on so low FPS everytime ? Oo

When I record my FPS drop. I try to maintain 30FPS and in the past have had no trouble, but since the patch, or maybe just lately due to something going on with my machine, my FPS while recording has been dropping below 30. It’s a shame, it’s annoying, and I probably won’t have it truly sorted out until I get a new machine.

in Ranger

Ross Biddle.2367

Well, it is NOT the same really, it doesn’t trigger the regen or swiftness and it takes 20s longer to recharge (32s with RT). But I agree with you.

Unless you run bears, it doesn’t last long enough as it kills your pet immediately. Also, guard is pretty unrequired for your build, unless you are using it to actually make your pet guard something.

I would swap Protect Me for SoS and Guard for SoR. Either that or change all utility skills to survival and bring WK.

The only reason I took Guard was it provided swiftness to run around with even out of combat. But yes, after playing and sitting on point so much I’d been looking at alternatives.

I have run all survival before, and obviously the best part of it is the condi cleanse when traited. The real reason for shouts is sic em, to deal with stealth users. The elite proccing pulsing stabos is also important in the mesmer stun meta, and of course thieves have always done much the same thing anytime they press you. So the util/elite/trait synergy starts to stack nicely.

When I fight rangers and I see them use SoS, I just disengage and wait them out for 6s. Which is kind of sad but true :/.

Also I was running duel eagle/hawk or whatever so I could spam my f2 for bleed, weakness, and max uptime on Taunt. I did notice the pet die at times, mostly with Protect Me, but I suppose that was it doing its job :p. Biggest problem I saw was popping protect me when the pet was already low, which was a L2P issue on my part.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…When I fight rangers and I see them use SoS, I just disengage and wait them out for 6s. Which is kind of sad but true :/.

Also I was running duel eagle/hawk or whatever so I could spam my f2 for bleed, weakness, and max uptime on Taunt. I did notice the pet die at times, mostly with Protect Me, but I suppose that was it doing its job :p. Biggest problem I saw was popping protect me when the pet was already low, which was a L2P issue on my part.

That is SoS still doing it’s job though too and gave them 6s with which to disengage etc. If I see Protect Me up, I just keep attacking and kill the rangers pet, which puts him at a disadvantage too.

in Ranger

Ross Biddle.2367

…When I fight rangers and I see them use SoS, I just disengage and wait them out for 6s. Which is kind of sad but true :/.

That is SoS still doing it’s job though too and gave them 6s with which to disengage etc. If I see Protect Me up, I just keep attacking and kill the rangers pet, which puts him at a disadvantage too.

Realistically I should just run both.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Sos:

pros:
Used in powerbuilds allows Aggressive play style due to no down side apart from longer cooldown.
allows the use of High dps low hp pets .

Protect me:
Allows the user to draw out longer fights by distracting the other player into targeting the pet , allows condis to tick or be applied more often.
mainly useful in condi builds or beastmastery builds where pet health/toughness and benifit from other protection bonuses.
through boons, traited defences and sharing protection / damage reduction Protect me can be more effective than SoS though in power builds they tend to have less shared effects, so protect me becomes the go to choice for condi builds and or builds with enough prevention skills.

Cons;
low hp pets are less effective die faster
needs Damage prevention effects to help sustain pets health.
requires a higher hp pet, Wolf,drake,hound,MoA to be effective.

they are both in the same of the effect they bring but are chosen for the different play styles , if you don’t have anything that prevents damage or shares defences with a pet then SoS would be a better choice.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

IMHO change LOYF to QuickDraw. You’ll have beter burst and better skillplay.
If to be honest dps output in these build – awafull.
Trap ranger with Toughness/HealingPower/Condi hear will output 2-4 times more damage, more surv and will heal ally much more than shout ranger.

When you fight against 3 ppl on spot, you made about 300-600 damage on each person… it’s… notheing.
Trap ranger will land 2 traps and boneFire and you will hit them in 2 sec for about 3-7k condition damage in sec.

Just try trapper ranger

in Ranger

Ross Biddle.2367

IMHO change LOYF to QuickDraw. You’ll have beter burst and better skillplay.
If to be honest dps output in these build – awafull.
Trap ranger with Toughness/HealingPower/Condi hear will output 2-4 times more damage, more surv and will heal ally much more than shout ranger.

When you fight against 3 ppl on spot, you made about 300-600 damage on each person… it’s… notheing.
Trap ranger will land 2 traps and boneFire and you will hit them in 2 sec for about 3-7k condition damage in sec.

Just try trapper ranger

I saw the WvW vid someone posted with a trapper build, using trapper runes. Was good.

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Hi guys, elite level ranger newbie here. I threw together a build and ran some matches yesterday and was curious to see what the pros thought.

Ewww. A mesmer playing a ranger… Get Good Ross. lol

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

interesting, but your not going to kill ANYONE in that build, nor are you going to survive against the meta builds…
I’m sorry but you are totally being carried in that video.
DPS is just flat out bad. Shortbow is a bad weapon period.
Shouts, while an interesting concept to build around, is terribly underwhelming compared to hybrid builds, condi and power builds that ranger have.

in Ranger

Ross Biddle.2367

interesting, but your not going to kill ANYONE in that build, nor are you going to survive against the meta builds…
I’m sorry but you are totally being carried in that video.
DPS is just flat out bad. Shortbow is a bad weapon period.
Shouts, while an interesting concept to build around, is terribly underwhelming compared to hybrid builds, condi and power builds that ranger have.

I revealed and condi’d down multiple thief and mesmer targets. Like, you’re saying one thing but there’s actual footage showing it -_-u

Anyway, of course its not meta. Everyone’s pretty adamant you don’t bring rangers to the meta :p. As far as d u r p i n g goes, I do prefer Kshot war.

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

@Ross

kitten bro your pet melts in seconds haha. Try a different build, shout are so bad dude. High CD, and leaves you of the mandatory slotting of soldier runes.

PS: The video is superlagging.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Ross Biddle.2367

@Ross

kitten bro your pet melts in seconds haha. Try a different build, shout are so bad dude. High CD, and leaves you of the mandatory slotting of soldier runes.

PS: The video is superlagging.

Fixed my laggy FPS drops last night
Checkit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S61F2Io9l0

Don’t knock my pet. His bones are hollow!

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in Ranger

Ross Biddle.2367

I’ve seen a couple rangers taking down nearly everybody they’ve faced in duels and in roams in both pvp and wvw throughout the metas against top players of their ‘meta builds’ atleast and 2 of them are tanbin and vyndetta and they also use to practice together as well back in the day but vyndetta got real popular with top tier teams when spirit rangers were viable and then quit and tanbin still does it today post-patch and even against op insp mantra cheese builds/stun lock shatter specs and good mesmers too, not just fotms.

“A scrub is a player who is handicapped by self-imposed rules that the game knows nothing about. A scrub does not play to win.”

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

Play to win. Use everything at your disposal. Be a truly good gamer.

This goes for every class, in every game, for all time.

Apparently those pro Rangers rolled the supposed face roll cheese mesmer builds (which I take your word for), so it begs the question as to how this OP cheese mesmer build is OP after all? Which is it, is it OP faceroll, or defeatable even by rangers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Did i missed something or do you really run 1 single(and passive) condi remove? 0o
At least switch for runes of the soldier if you wanna use a 5 shouts build, it obviously cries for it. Anyway, i think this is a very weak build at all.

in Ranger

Posted by: singinggecko.5736

singinggecko.5736

@blitzkrieg
I didn’t know rangers were being used in GvG because I’m not involved in them at all. How are they being used? Sorry if it’s a dumb question.

in Ranger

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

I’ve seen a couple rangers taking down nearly everybody they’ve faced in duels and in roams in both pvp and wvw throughout the metas against top players of their ‘meta builds’ atleast and 2 of them are tanbin and vyndetta and they also use to practice together as well back in the day but vyndetta got real popular with top tier teams when spirit rangers were viable and then quit and tanbin still does it today post-patch and even against op insp mantra cheese builds/stun lock shatter specs and good mesmers too, not just fotms.

“A scrub is a player who is handicapped by self-imposed rules that the game knows nothing about. A scrub does not play to win.”

Apparently those pro Rangers rolled the supposed face roll cheese mesmer builds (which I take your word for), so it begs the question as to how this OP cheese mesmer build is OP after all? Which is it, is it OP faceroll, or defeatable even by rangers?

Sorry, I meant to say such a low skill floor even a monkey could play it and be effective, but OP also doesn’t mean not killable , it just contains things that are ‘above power’ compared to everything everybody else has – simply very easy to be very effective.

I know you, as a mesmer, get super defensive when mesmer and OP get put into the same sentence, but surely you and I both know that mesmer is 300x easier to play. Kyra said he’s almost embarassed to play it as it so dumbed down now and Kyra used to dominate nearly everybody even pre-patch but still runs it because he likes it in GvG scenarios which is all he gets on to play now for [Agg].

Putting that aside, the problem with mesmer has always been high conditions and high evasion. Naturally, condi ranger is one of the hardest counters to even the OP insp mantra cheese yes, OP as in low skill floor, easy to play and be effective yet doesn’t mean unkillable unless setup to absolutely to be hardcountered which ranger does so while most mesmers will kill 98% of them, there’s still some rangers that can wreck even the best mesmer players. In contrast, most people call condi ranger builds OP Cheese, but that hardly means they aren’t killable.

Also, keep in mind those are arguably 2 of the best rangers in the game as well in a dueling platform. 98% of the other rangers will get wrecked.

It’s like Noscoc, arguably the best necro in the game but every other necro sucks absolute balls and can’t even come close to the level of necro play he is able to produce.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in Ranger

blitzkrieg.2451

Serane mains elementalist but also runs ranger in GvG’s and it’s very effective. Since then I’ve noticed many guilds running similar ranger builds.

I would say it’s maxed full to damage so everything is damage (zerker, zerker jewelry) and condi clearing is done by your teammates as you stay in the backline

The food would probably be the 10% dmg while moving food and maybe 10% vitality converts to ferocity food i think furious tuning crystal or something.

Probably something like Marksmanship w/ lead the wind / Skirmishing / Nature magic maybe , not sure what the 3rd trait line would be. I don’t do GvG’s only pvp and roam sometimes in wvw. The emphasis is to maximize all damage modifiers because your guild will be giving you might and condi clears.

Maguuma

in Ranger

Ross Biddle.2367

Sorry, I meant to say such a low skill floor even a monkey could play it and be effective, but OP also doesn’t mean not killable , it just contains things that are ‘above power’ compared to everything everybody else has – simply very easy to be very effective.

I know you, as a mesmer, get super defensive when mesmer and OP get put into the same sentence, but surely you and I both know that mesmer is 300x easier to play. Kyra said he’s almost embarassed to play it as it so dumbed down now and Kyra used to dominate nearly everybody even pre-patch but still runs it because he likes it in GvG scenarios which is all he gets on to play now for [Agg].

Putting that aside, the problem with mesmer has always been high conditions and high evasion. Naturally, condi ranger is one of the hardest counters to even the OP insp mantra cheese yes, OP as in low skill floor, easy to play and be effective yet doesn’t mean unkillable unless setup to absolutely to be hardcountered which ranger does so while most mesmers will kill 98% of them, there’s still some rangers that can wreck even the best mesmer players. In contrast, most people call condi ranger builds OP Cheese, but that hardly means they aren’t killable.

Also, keep in mind those are arguably 2 of the best rangers in the game as well in a dueling platform. 98% of the other rangers will get wrecked.

It’s like Noscoc, arguably the best necro in the game but every other necro sucks absolute balls and can’t even come close to the level of necro play he is able to produce.

Fair call.

Yes the skill floor has been lowered and now newbie Mesmers have a means of contributing without spending years honing their skills. There’s nothing inherently wrong with that of course, and in fact it’s been interesting to watch the pvp community adapt to this and show these Mesmers that they need to up their game if they want to remain.

in Ranger

blitzkrieg.2451

Fair call.

Yes the skill floor has been lowered and now newbie Mesmers have a means of contributing without spending years honing their skills. There’s nothing inherently wrong with that of course, and in fact it’s been interesting to watch the pvp community adapt to this and show these Mesmers that they need to up their game if they want to remain.

Agreed, I think once people get used to the mirror blade opener and are forced to learn invis times and rotations on mesmers because they really never thought about it until now I can see the mesmer builds getting easier to fight with.

Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I suggest using Spike Trap or Signet of Renewal/Stone instead of Guard!.
You already have like perma swiftness and Regen without it. And if your pet is destined to die – it will. Guard is not going to save it. You are running empathic bond after all.

Apart from that, the build looks quite fine.

“Observe, learn and counter.”