Build advice 4 trapper wvw ranger :D

in Ranger

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Sup people, I’m revisiting my ranger after the 23rd patch and would like to continue playing trapper condi ranger for wvw roaming. This is my build so far:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNQQRAsf3YjMqQ3K2uCmrAVLGYEKP0HhTvH3aND4C4yDgTWxXeB-T1SHABEcQAMRVlnXfoDdCXoNoQ1AYRliAeCA3pEEgTAwRK/CAgAwRP6Rn5MnZpAgZOA-w

Nice condi clear, lotta regen, stealth and mobility together with a kitten ton of condi’s. 3k armor and nice protection uptime for power builds and 22k hp with decent condi clear for condi builds. Entangle can be switched out for SotP for stab access.

Are these the right trait lines? :o
I’m not a ranger main and just went by what seemed useful, can anyone enlighten me on some better alternatives (if these exist)? All help/input is much appreciated

Thanks in advance!
-Hollts

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Ranger

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

If you’re looking for a lot of power and a lot of condi… this is what I run

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNEQRAnf8fjMqQ5K2uCGsAVLGMEq/Au9cu7ggtq5AY0bgMW6kZOA-TRSAABKcEAwW5X0nEAvWeY9dAkW/g1q/AwDAoNlgBAQA2NdzitYwKX5KX5KXZX8iX8iX8ilCYRlVA-e

It’s really not too hard to keep up the 25 stacks of might and 25 of condi. I love the imob that entangle and spike offer. Just have to remember to always use the f2 skills on the pets and swap when possible.

Couple of cons are the lowish health, lack of stability and condi removeal. But if you can get them off in in the right order…entangle, spike trap, flame trap, skill 5 on torch…they are almost dead right there.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

(edited by GussJr.1643)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I prefer BM over NM because of GFTE/Wilting Strike/Beastly Warden combo, should work pretty nice with trapping since you can spam blind/weakness with a Hawk every 5s, even while stealthed and use the taunt to pull/keep people in your traps. Give that a try (swap the drake for Hawk) and see how you like it. The wolf with Taunt is even better too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Maliken.5630

Maliken.5630

Also, if someone targeted your pets, they die really fast since you have no beastmastery and the healing spring wont heal your pet cause its bugged. If the spring works again as it used to be, its not to bad i guess.

in Ranger

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I’d start with getting rid of all Rabid pieces and replacing them with Dire since you dont run anything that uses on crit effects in a trapper build.

There is not much room for choice here, you either run Nature magic for more protection and condi clear and extra boon duration or Beast Mastery for offense with your buuuuuurds. I think my Hawk killed a mesmer for me while I was kiting him.

your choice you cant go wrong with either

The only reason I personally might consider NM is because of Fortifying Bond and nothing else. It is such a great boost for your pet in a solo or a party setting that I feel it should be baseline…. and gives your axe auto attacks some meaning since the might duration will be that of FB and not the Axe’s

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Ranger

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Ah alright thanks for the tips! So BM or NM… I suck at managing my pet and them boons from NM tho :/

@Oslaf
But I don’t wanna be a scrub and go full dire u_u

Anything else that someone can point out about my build here apart from NM vs. BM and dire stuffs?

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Ranger

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Most of your gear is Dire already anyway and you have no stunbreaks on your bar. No shame in packing full dire there. besides if you insist on not running full dire then at least replace the rabid gear with apothecary or settler and replace leeching with corruption. switching over to BM and picking up Companion’s Might can make use of the rabid’s crit chance plus fury on swap to give might to your pet.

the trapper build is not that flexible. The things we can flop around are replacing Axe/x with shortbow, pet selection, sigils and NM vs BM.

For now I suggest you replace leeching with corruption and replace the drake with a Boar and perhaps try running BM instead of NM and get a feel for it if it suits you or not. The boar has some lovely CC items and you can connect the skills it drops easily with the super speed and stealth combo and will help you combo your other skills that much easier.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I agree with Oslaf, but I would also look at a drakehound over the drake, because KD and Immob. See which one you like the most. Although I do prefer birds with BM traits. Remember pets have 0 condition damage base, so their conditions hardly do any damage unless they have bulk might.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Here is the build I run most of the time when I’m roaming in WvW. If I am with a party roaming I will usually swap to Long Bow. More often than not it is solo play scouting and flipping camps/NPC’s with a bit of hitting things to draw attention away. This is by no means the perfect build and/or set up but it is what works for me. I should also say that I’ll run wolf/spider for pets but I have bird in this case.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-J;4wEFy-v2oEF-0-3JEFu-e27F-0E;1Z_a;0257146137;4KsG1V;1mAjwmAjw20km0-PgJWL4pz91f3A6f8ABfLuVIF310;4c0-PcW5P;9;9;9;9;7V6s5k

I’m also working on a Celestial ascended armor set now for a double melee build that should also work with this or give me room to play with some of the other builds to fit how I play.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Potato did post an interesting take on a melee power trapper build.

check it out it might inspire you.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Video-Nature-s-Shadow-Trapper-Ranger

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…I’m also working on a Celestial ascended armor set now for a double melee build that should also work with this or give me room to play with some of the other builds to fit how I play.

I’m really looking forward to trying this one out in WvW for roaming/duelling. I only just started playing around with celestial stats for traps and they can be pretty nice, very hybrid indeed. I’ll have to test it in the mists 1st I think, before making the armor