CONDI CLEAR

CONDI CLEAR

in Ranger

Posted by: Susanoo.2586

Susanoo.2586

Now I cant possibly be the only one that finds ranger has ZERO functional condi clear, now I know you can trait for Empathetic bond or Survival of the Fittest, but lets just take a Second to look at the only heal we have the removes any sort of Conditions, Healing spring….. it essentially removes 1 condition on cast then you need to stand rooted in the AoE for the following clears , this mechanic on ranger is just absurd, if you look at the current state of Rangers amongst the other classes, and the now heavy focus on Condition specs, you need to kite around to even slightly ease incoming pressure.

See what I’m getting at here? Kite + healing spring doesn’t mix, just leaving us with virtually no Utility Condi clear… it honestly feels like Ranger is a Class of mechanics just thrown together in hopes of working. For the love of all things good, please Arenanet give us some good condi clear. We as a class shouldn’t feel like we’re being forced to run -% Condi duration just to make up for something that should be there in the first place.

And before anyone mentions Empathetic bond, in terms of playing towards the mechanics of the Class you don’t really want to Sacrifice a pet to conditions meaning a loss in a good 30%-40% of Damage if played properly, Also Signet of Renewal, another skill designed directly against the mechanics of the Class, for the pet to pull all conditions from Allies as well as yourself is just beyond stupid.

Now Survival of the Fittest is OK at best, you can run 4 total Survival skills (one of which is a 150 second CD Elite) meaning a total 8 condi clear, but then remember to get this GRANDMASTER trait its 6 (or 30) into the Nature magic line, which in turn limits build opportunities, not to mention that most Survival skills have Longer cool downs unless traited for 20% reduction.

To raise a little awareness about this go check out the Gw2 Wiki Page for Conditions
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition
and just look at the amount of Condition related skills/traits Ranger has.

I want to rant some more but I’ll leave this up for discussion, On my final note I want to reiterate, Arenanet… Please give Rangers some love…

Attachments:

CONDI CLEAR

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Ranger has good condition clear IF we trait for it. But the same goes for any utility actually. If its traited then it can be used otherwise its useless.

CONDI CLEAR

in Ranger

Posted by: Susanoo.2586

Susanoo.2586

The only Condi clear we can trait for is Survival of the Fittest and Evasive Purity (posion and blind clear on dodge), now take that…. and compare it to say a Warriors Cleansing Ire… We lack effective condi clear, not to mention once again this is a Nature magic tree…………………………..

CONDI CLEAR

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Prior to the April patch, I would’ve agreed, but we have one of the most condition clears in game now.

As of now, there are viable ranger builds that avg around 51-56 condition cleanse per minute. Thats pretty close to 1 condition cleanse per second. Adding anymore condition cleanse would just be OP. You just can’t ignore Empathic Bond and Survival of the Fittest and say we have bad condition cleanse.

Pet pulling in conditions shouldn’t kill your pet. Unless you’re still running classic pet dps builds (feline/birds). Canines and spiders are much better options imo and you usually have enough time to switch pets before they die from pulled conditions.

CONDI CLEAR

in Ranger

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Ranger has very good sustained condition cleanse but doesn’t have very convenient heavy condition removal on demand without heavy trait investment.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

CONDI CLEAR

in Ranger

Posted by: Lace.9472

Lace.9472

Ranger has very good sustained condition cleanse but doesn’t have very convenient heavy condition removal on demand without heavy trait investment.

What scenarios do you see this being useful?

CONDI CLEAR

in Ranger

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

Signet of Renewal?! No trait needed.
Use it → pet swap → all conditions gone
So you can simply click away any condiburst.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

CONDI CLEAR

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

pick a few

We lack effective condi clear, not to mention once again this is a Nature magic tree…………………………..

Natures magic has some of my favorite traits in it, i have trouble deciding on only 2 once i pick SotF

(edited by Eggyokeo.9705)

CONDI CLEAR

in Ranger

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

I’d prefer runes of Lyssa with that build as it removes conditions and not only shortens condition duration.
For me there are two ways to make conditions absolutely worthless for your enemy:
1. Focus on lowering condition duration. Melandru runes, (buff food), …
– Other classes can do this better, because they can trait for shorter condition duration.
2. Going for a lot of condition removes without shortening condition duration.
– If you are able to remove most of the conditions there is no need to reduce the duration of the conditions still left on you.

Btw. I know this is only a counter build on condition spamming you could use for fun in a 1v1, I’d say. Don’t know how effective it might be against direct damage. Also I’d use other weapons with it for even more evades and better damage output.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

CONDI CLEAR

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

What scenarios do you see this being useful?

In scenarios where you know how to play instead of going “Oh look a Necro / Engi, I bet I can run straight at them, take their full condi burst to the face and be fine”.

For probably over a year now I have run EB as my only condition removal and with proper play it is always enough (with the exception of pet being killed). As long as you dont go yolo and try and facetank more than you can take then sustained removal is very good.

In general I think rangers are fine of Condi-Removal, now that we have SotF as a nice new option. HS is a great removal to, though I agree not on all builds. If you are playing a trap / SB build which requires a lot of movement it is not that great, but if you are playing a melee / BM / tank build then HS is a godlike heal skill.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

CONDI CLEAR

in Ranger

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Signet of Renewal?! No trait needed.
Use it -> pet swap -> all conditions gone
So you can simply click away any condiburst.

You have to be somewhat close to your pet for that to work, which isn’t always the case. I’m mostly speaking from a PvE perspective, but in some dungeon trash runs (where mobs can put 30 seconds of poison/cripple/weakness/chill on you all at once) I’ve tried using Signet of Renewal and nothing has happened, so I don’t consider it very reliable.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

CONDI CLEAR

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

Rangers now have some fantastic condi-clear potential! Sometimes I use a build that runs Sigil of Purity/Sigil of Generosity, Empathic Bond, Survival of the Fittest, and Signet of Renewal.

Six passive clears every 10 seconds(ish) and some on-demand cleanses? It’s silly.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

CONDI CLEAR

in Ranger

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

Empathetic bond, survival of the fittest set up and picking/ using pets wisely and you’ll never have condi problems unless you’re kittened anyways.

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

CONDI CLEAR

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

How much condition cleanse do you need? Lightning reflexes is fantastic for getting you out of a bind, dont forget it cleanses immob now too. In wvw I find immob is my #1 killer so thats largely taken care off. In fact between that brown bear 2 cond cleanse and healing spring, and the trickle down from other classes I rarely am wanting for more. If I do, as mentioned above, its because I am in real trouble.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry