Call of the Wild target priority issue

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

So recently I’m testing Call of the Wild boon application, and notice that this skill prioritize random strangers not even in my party over my precious pet.

This really causes me great deal of trouble while roaming because I’m running nature magic, and I wish to copy as many boons as possible from my pet.

With boon share, Call of the Wild will grant my pet 6 stacks of might, so using we heal as one will makes me get 6 extra stacks of might -> 9 stacks of might total.

But because of the coding, when I stand near with more than 5 other random strangers which I have no intention of helping, I’d instead get 3 stacks of might only from my pet.
This also makes my pet gets less boon uptime in general, further decreasing my dps.

Anet really should change the target priority from team mates > pets > npcs > anyone not in your party. Why should I care about the well being of people standing near me?

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

Posted by: Lome.8239

Lome.8239

So recently I’m testing Call of the Wild boon application, and notice that this skill prioritize random strangers not even in my party over my precious pet.

This really causes me great deal of trouble while roaming because I’m running nature magic, and I wish to copy as many boons as possible from my pet.

With boon share, Call of the Wild will grant my pet 6 stacks of might, so using we heal as one will makes me get 6 extra stacks of might -> 9 stacks of might total.

But because of the coding, when I stand near with more than 5 other random strangers which I have no intention of helping, I’d instead get 3 stacks of might only from my pet.
This also makes my pet gets less boon uptime in general, further decreasing my dps.

Anet really should change the target priority from team mates > pets > npcs > anyone not in your party. Why should I care about the well being of people standing near me?

Wow.

People will complain about anything these days.

I’m going to straight up disagree, because I don’t want any development time being spent on something so pointless when it could otherwise go somewhere useful to the Ranger class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

You seem to not understand the issue here.

Pet is part of our entity, especially when I grab Nature magic of boon share.
So why is my pet not benefit from the skill effect first and my boons should all go to random stranger first?

Imagine if you do fractal with npcs support (Like Molten fractal), and npcs are prioritize and absorb all the boons people trying to stack.

This is exactly the same issue with our Call of the Wild. Our pets are being ignored because of target cap, and boons passed on to random stranger.

My pets are losing fury, might, swiftness, regeneration, on top of me myself losing addition stacks of might when I try to boon share through We Heal as One.

Tell me, how is this complaining when Anet’s system literally kitten up pets in general?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Just make Fortifying Bond baseline and leave the WH as is. If there are 6 + people there, it doesn’t matter that you’re getting 6 less might, the person is going to die regardless.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Just make Fortifying Bond baseline and leave the WH as is. If there are 6 + people there, it doesn’t matter that you’re getting 6 less might, the person is going to die regardless.

^
exactly this. What’s the point of having the damage halved because of the pet if we can’t share the damage modifiers.

It’s just such a no sense…

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!