Calling Anet....your players need info

in Ranger

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

Anet:

Someone should really respond in this forum with some information about the rather drastic druid changes. We don’t even know if AF evaporating as soon as you leave combat is a bug or is intended. Is it confirmed that CAF is now shorter than it used to be? Is there a rationale for one or both of these changes?

Clarification is sorely needed. I know that my self, and many here, were very excited for druid after BWE3. Many people are frustrated and disappointed that the core class mechanics have been rather drastically changed for launch. A little communication with your players, most of whom just shelled out $50 at least in part to play druid, would be very very appreciated.

Sincerely,

A concerned ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

ArenaNet care about the ranger community? Funny joke… haha.. I think I am going to cry I need a tissue.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

in Ranger

Posted by: Nicknobreak.7543

Nicknobreak.7543

I shelled out a HUNDRED FRICKING DOLLARS of my hard earned wages because I was so thrilled with the Druid reveal. Knowing what I know now, I NEVER would have pre-purchased OR paid that much.

This is terrible customer service. This is as bad as EA’s business practices. I’m disgusted.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ofir.2405

Ofir.2405

+1 I would really appreciate a list of the druid changes post BWE3.

in Ranger

Posted by: Khael.7325

Khael.7325

As much as I would like answers too, the game just released and they are prioritizing more serious and immediate bugs. They have already said there will be balance changes soon after release to prepare for pvp leagues, so worst case scenario it will be addressed during those. In the meantime there is so much awesome content to explore and partake in, and druid is totally still playable and fun imo.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

As much as I would like answers too, the game just released and they are prioritizing more serious and immediate bugs. They have already said there will be balance changes soon after release to prepare for pvp leagues, so worst case scenario it will be addressed during those. In the meantime there is so much awesome content to explore and partake in, and druid is totally still playable and fun imo.

this is the attitude why ranger has stayed unfixed for 3 years.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

They gave a list of improvements to Celestial Form. They left out a minor detail, though: you can’t actually get into it anymore!

in Ranger

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

They gave a list of improvements to Celestial Form. They left out a minor detail, though: you can’t actually get into it anymore!

Druid entering celestial form is a bug. Not suppose to happen ever. Ive sent a bug report that I have been able to enter it once during the time I played. I hope it will get fixed asap.

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Ranger

Posted by: Ofir.2405

Ofir.2405

Their list included only part of the changes , that felt solid for them at that time. I dont think its reasonable we need to find what has changed with the druid. Instead they can easily give us a list of ALL the changes of the druid post BWE3 , just like every other elite spec had.

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

Their list included only part of the changes , that felt solid for them at that time. I dont think its reasonable we need to find what has changed with the druid. Instead they can easily give us a list of ALL the changes of the druid post BWE3 , just like every other elite spec had.

I really hope that they didn’t actually test it with the AF changes before release. If someone tested it in this state and actually approved it, that would pretty much kill any remaining faith I have in their ability to balance the game.

in Ranger

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

this is the attitude why ranger has stayed unfixed for 3 years.

+1

This is generally the attitude Anet has had with Rangers. There is ALWAYS going to be something else that Anet can focus on which is why the class has been so overlooked the past few years. Rangers got dealt the short end of the stick again by having only one beta weekend when Druid needed arguably the most betas due to the complexity and scale of changes. Ask yourself why this is. (I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a purposeful decision by Anet considering how unpolished Druid was on reveal.)

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

(edited by Leodon.1564)

in Ranger

Khael.7325

This is generally the attitude Anet has had with Rangers. There is ALWAYS going to be something else that Anet can focus on which is why the class has been so overlooked the past few years. Rangers got dealt the short end of the stick again by having only one beta weekend when Druid needed arguably the most betas due to the complexity and scale of changes. Ask yourself why this is. (I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a purposeful decision by Anet considering how unpolished Druid was on reveal.)

You really think Anet has it out for rangers and doesn’t care about them? What sense would that make for a company to have a reoccurring bias against a particular class? That’s conspiracy theory speculation. Lots of others classes have had their own set of issues. Heck, just look at thieves.

in Ranger

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

You really think Anet has it out for rangers and doesn’t care about them? What sense would that make for a company to have a reoccurring bias against a particular class? That’s conspiracy theory speculation. Lots of others classes have had their own set of issues. Heck, just look at thieves.

No, I don’t think of it as a conspiracy against Rangers or that Anet is out to get us.

Different groups of people work on different professions. As with any group of individuals, you’re going to have people that are better than others at their job, more passionate, more effective, more knowledgeable, more vocal, more opinionated, etc. (Every business is like this.)

For this reason and because devs have different ideas on how things should be done, I don’t expect classes to be balanced against each other and of the same quality/consistency. I do know that Anet is extremely busy right now with HoT launch and don’t expect that they will be able to find the time to really give Druid the time it needs (at least the time/attention I feel it needs). However, remaining silent on the issues also gives them even more reason to not attempt taking a stab at whatever issues they can address with Druid.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

(edited by Leodon.1564)

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

Thanks for killing our spec on Day One, Roy.

The ranger community thanks you.

Now, can we get Irenio to fix it?

Headdesk

in Ranger

Posted by: aB EXT.1287

aB EXT.1287

Here is the most likely reason for these strange undocumented changes:

They used the programming for Berserker for the live release, for some reason, and forgot to change some stuff.

- The resource dissipates outside of combat
- It now lasts 15s

There are other hints hidden in traits, such as Druidic Clarity becoming a stun-break.

As for the slow AF gain… well, let’s just put that down to under-tuning.

(edited by aB EXT.1287)

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

lol the hero worship is real…

What makes you people think it wasn’t Irenio that messed up Druid? He was the one in charge.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

What makes you people think it wasn’t Irenio that messed up Druid? He was the one in charge.

Usually when something that rangers have gets gutted like this, it’s because Roy overrode Irenio. At least, that’s what appears to have happened for every example that comes readily to mind.

in Ranger

Posted by: Reavan.8753

Reavan.8753

Usually when something that rangers have gets gutted like this, it’s because Roy overrode Irenio. At least, that’s what appears to have happened for every example that comes readily to mind.

Why though?
Some internal politics to say look i did a better job than you because more people play herald than druid?

Seems utterly lame to kitten around customers like that.

in Ranger

oshilator.4681

Points you towards the massive hammering nerf that was given to WHaO a few weeks ago

Roy.

And unless I’m imagining it, Irenio said he wanted us to keep half the AF we’d built up if we left CF early.

Does today’s change sound like anything he planned?

Headdesk

(edited by oshilator.4681)

in Ranger

Khael.7325

However, remaining silent on the issues also gives them even more reason to not attempt taking a stab at whatever issues they can address with Druid.

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding. I wasn’t say don’t give feedback about it, I would like changes asap as well. The OP was basically demanding the devs to address this issue right away, and I was simply pointing out that they have higher priorities at the moment. There is so much rage over this issue (which will be fixed) that people aren’t even enjoying all the amazing new content and buffs to druid. (Glyph of Equality has a stun breaker omg!)

edit: Just realized OP wasn’t the one demanding a response and raging, was a post just below, sorry OP. Asking for communication is fine and I hope we get some

(edited by Khael.7325)

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

Why though?
Some internal politics to say look i did a better job than you because more people play herald than druid?

Seems utterly lame to kitten around customers like that.

Who knows? When he made the WHaO change, Roy announced it via his kitten ed Twitter account; not once did he appear on the Ranger forums to explain/defend/discuss the change, despite the fact that he does just that for Revenants on a near-daily basis. I commend Irenio for saving the most important aspects of the skill (stacking might and stability in a meaningful way, as a near-equivalent to the strong might/boon stacking of elementalists, necromancers, warriors, guardians, revenants, and engineers), but the whole mess gives a strong impression that Roy just doesn’t care about making rangers actually competitive in this game, nor about communicating with a player base that isn’t ‘his’ (i.e. Revenant players).

It is supremely frustrating to see every minor nerf or fine tuning of the Revenant’s kit to be discussed in detail in advance on the Revenant forum, yet not find out that the Druid has been stealth gutted (has anyone actually been able to use CAF more than once in an entire PvP match?) until the actual release.

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

My point though is he posted the preview changes here himself and is the designer behind the Druid.

There’s nothing to imply Roy overrode anything. It’s not like the Druid didn’t have major issues during beta as well.

If we got “lol Ranger too adequate, needs nerfing” I’d agree but this is a lot more like “lol Druid too fun, needs ‘adjusting’”.

We didn’t go from good to bad so much as we went from fun to what ever the kitten this is supposed to be.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Points you towards the massive hammering nerf that was given to WHaO a few weeks ago

Roy.

And unless I’m imagining it, Irenio said he wanted us to keep half the AF we’d built up if we left CF early.

We do keep half of the AF now. So I guess it does sound like he planned the other changes too?

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

oshilator.4681

Roy.

We do keep half of the AF now. So I guess it does sound like he planned the other changes too?

Until you’re out of combat. Then it quickly evaporates.

Which…..is the crux of the issue.

Headdesk

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Roy.

So what was your original point? There is no evidence that Roy was involved in the changes we are unhappy with, but there is evidence that Irenio planned the changes, as you pointed out.

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

Roy.

So what was your original point? There is no evidence that Roy was involved in the changes we are unhappy with, but there is evidence that Irenio planned the changes, as you pointed out.

Well, Irenio gave lists of changes and proposed changes, and this wasn’t on any of them. Something is fishy here.

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Roy.

The “nerf it from orbit to be sure” that WHaO got was in no way tied to Druid development.

Again, pure hero worship.

We’ve gotten more help from the guys who balanced pets to take less damage in PvE and that was a catch all for minions in general.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Roy.

Well, Irenio gave lists of changes and proposed changes, and this wasn’t on any of them. Something is fishy here.

Well by that logic, we also got positive changes that were not on the proposed changes lists. Druidic clarity, GoE, SoL, NC all got buffs, so does that mean that Roy implemented those buffs?

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Roy.

Well by that logic, we also got positive changes that were not on the proposed changes lists. Druidic clarity, GoE, SoL, NC all got buffs, so does that mean that Roy implemented those buffs?

He never even stated that what was listed was the whole set of changes coming.

Hey all,

Since the third beta weekend there’s been a lot of great feedback – thanks!

Below are some of the more solid changes to the Druid since the beta weekend that were made to address some concerns regarding net damage loss in a raid, celestial avatar form feeling gated by staff and glyph reward scaling.

Besides, this is Anet. Literally nothing is set in stone until it’s actually released.

I personally didn’t think the Druid would come away without a few changes but I had kind of hoped it wouldn’t feel much crappier.

in Ranger

Posted by: Miles Smiles.8951

Miles Smiles.8951

So I guess I’m not the only corn fed idiot not buying the expansion until they make the core ranger a bit viable?