Calling it quits on the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: ShaunZ.1098

ShaunZ.1098

Hey guys, hope you actually follow through with your words!

Countless times I’ve seen people post “I’m leaving,” only to come back a month later and make another “I’m leaving” post with a new patch. Anet has metrics that track classes being played, I’m 100% positive. And look at Engies, I believe they are the lowest population and have had lots of attention recently.

Seriously. Posting I quit Rangers in the forum is like the most useless thing to do. I refuse to do it, there’s absolutely no point. Turn your words into action people. Just stop playing a Ranger if you’re truly dissatisfied with the class. No amount of whining on the forums will change anything.

You might want to check the Engineer forums before you talk about all the loving they got!

Gremmil – Fort Aspenwood Engineer
It’s [NERF] or nothing!

in Ranger

Posted by: Niobe.1029

Niobe.1029

ppl at Engineer forum dont complain about their class as here, so engineer could be not broken as ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

I actually looked at websites to sell my account of 5 fully geared 80s. I’m so annoyed with how they’re treating this game, and the fact they don’t deliver on anything they say they will is absurd.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

*Prior to the Feb patch, the cats’ Maul skill did:
- about 2x the damage of a regular hit on the first attack
- about 4x the damage of a regular hit on the second attack

After the Feb patch, Maul did:
- about 1.5x the damage of a regular hit on the first attack
- about 3.5x the damage of a regular hit on the second attack
Criticals were goofy though

The numbers I’m seeing for Maul after this patch are:
- about 1.25x the damage of a regular hit on the first attack
- about 2.5x the damage of a regular hit on the second attack*

This was taken from Sol’s thread …So this is yet another major nerf we received (and they worded it like a buff, which should tell you everything you need to know about them as Devs)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: woeye.2753

woeye.2753

I am done with this game for now. Rerolling isn’t an option for me. If ANet refuses to balance classes properly then I refuse to invest money into this game. As simple as that.

It really makes me sad for I like GW2. But it’s not worth the trouble.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Uninstalled the game for now…..gonna try Tera FTP for a while and see if the powers that be at ANet change their perspective…as its the Devs perspective that is ruining what is fundamentally a pretty good game….the constant disappointments in how they handle us only amplifies the frustration…

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Have a look at this screenshot and look at the Combat Damage Log there.

See if you spot the hilarious part.

Attachments:

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

Have a look at this screenshot and look at the Combat Damage Log there.

See if you spot the hilarious part.

Yeah Arcing Arrow has always hit as hard as the Thieves Cluster Bomb. Full glass canon both can hit for 9k damage easily, and get this, Arcing Arrow is also a blast finisher.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I almost overlooked this post until I saw who was posting it.

Gonna miss ya Xsorus. You’ve been so good for the community, but I can’t say I blame ya. Good luck wherever else you end up.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Uninstalled the game for now…..gonna try Tera FTP for a while and see if the powers that be at ANet change their perspective…as its the Devs perspective that is ruining what is fundamentally a pretty good game….the constant disappointments in how they handle us only amplifies the frustration…

Tera’s combat is absolutely amazing and is hands down the best in the industry, the graphics are pretty…but everything else kinda sucks. There’s a ton of grind involved and despite what you might expect from an action-oriented MMO that uses free targetting, PvP is really a gear-to-win endeavor.

Neverwinter and WildStar look to have some promise though.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sureshot.6725

Sureshot.6725

If you love playing the ranger, Continue to play it, Don’t let my opinion of the class change it for you.

All I ask is for the love of god level up another toon to 80 and play it…Trust me when I say its an eye opener on how flawed this class is.

Oh I wont….I have leveled to 80 three classes so far. Warrior, Thief and Ranger. My ranger is still my main and my thief is my roamer. My warrior ….well he farms Orr.

I’m still having a blast with my ranger due to his versatility but none of my builds for any of my classes ever relied on QZ, Haste etc.. However, I’m leveling an engineer so who knows….

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Tera’s combat is absolutely amazing and is hands down the best in the industry, the graphics are pretty…but everything else kinda sucks. There’s a ton of grind involved and despite what you might expect from an action-oriented MMO that uses free targetting, PvP is really a gear-to-win endeavor.

Neverwinter and WildStar look to have some promise though.

I played a bit of NWN beta, its not that great.. though the Foundry could make it pretty decent. I remember it working pretty good in CoH…

STO wasn’t decent at release either, but from what i’ve seen, They’ve put a lot of effort into that game since then and its actually pretty decent now.

oh NWN is free to play, even the client is free…so that’s always a bonus.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

It’s just a game.

Free game? No. Period.

Not only did Xsorus spend money, he spent time. A great deal of which he used to help others with builds and such for a class that has now let him down enough he feels he has to quit it. Sure it’s just a game, but it’s also time and money.

Having spent 2331 hours playing myself, my main being a guardian (1498 hours) with a legendary.. if this (what happened to ranger) is what became of my main class, I’d be pretty kitten annoyed too. Luckily for me I’ve only put in 430 hours on my ranger.

Pvp me with your guardian.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

The game dug its own grave the moment it was released and devs decided that instead of fixing bugs and issues people had, they would release new content instead.

Bingo!

I think you have hit upon the perfect explanation for the outright hostility shown by Anet towards any players who criticize portions of the game or bring up bugs and inquire when they will be addressed.

Everybody at Anet believed a few over ambitious marketing spreadsheets that were distributed internally prior to launch that GW2 was going to the the next WOW killer and they all would soon be bringing making mega bucks, and all the devs would be rock stars. Well, for what ever reason that never happened. GW2 did about the same as the star wars mmo and a few other recent releases, less than a handful of millions sold treading water, and most recently desperately lowering the retail price.

People there are in a state of denial, and it helps to reinforce that state by ignoring bugs and player calls for balance from the weakest classes. Fixing those kinds of things is messy, hard, and involves making mistakes and answering to the player base about them. Who would not rather work on pristine new dynamic events and instances, better to maintain the rockstar facade than dealing with fixing mistakes.

Rangers and their pets are one of the more egregious mistakes in the game, and the long they go unfixed, the less likely the long term viability of this game is.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

In my MMO experience, Anet has handled this game much better than many.

I was a bit surprised how quickly they accepted that things like skill lag and culling were happening on their end. And yes, I am aware culling is a system intentionally put into place. In other games, I have seen such things blamed on players for literally years only for the company to finally come out and say “Ohhhh, you mean that? Yeah.. Thats on our end and we did it because of x!” I am surprised they are still even posting in the forums, though I have no doubt that will stop, and probably soon.

I also have been enjoying myself in game more than ever on my Ranger. Just so much to learn… This past weekend I broke my record for “weekend kills” in WvW with him! Still happy about that

Regardless, I hope you find what you are looking for Xsorus. From the sounds of it, you got a ton of enjoyment out of the game already, even if you never come back to it again. Always liked to see someone else enjoy pain inverter as much as I do.

GG

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

There is really no such thing as a WoW killer.

Gw2 did release probably a bit earlier but the way its designed it would never approach WoW numbers in the first place.

It does have the advantage of being Buy 2 Play though, which got rid of the need to changed to a f2p option later on (And it would have…This game would of lost a crap ton of subscribers just like every other MMO, It’d be close to what SWTOR is experiencing right now)

in Ranger

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Yea… About engineers!! we woulda been lucky if had gotten ignored..

Anet nerfed one of core traits and made it garbage and for the first time since the game launched, they actually DELTED our strongest DPS build… so yea Engineers did not get any love, just a steel toe kick to the sack…. JS

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Yea… About engineers!! we woulda been lucky if had gotten ignored..

Anet nerfed one of core traits and made it garbage and for the first time since the game launched, they actually DELTED our strongest DPS build… so yea Engineers did not get any love, just a steel toe kick to the sack…. JS

sounds standard

in Ranger

jkctmc.8754

It’s just a game.

Free game? No. Period.

Not only did Xsorus spend money, he spent time. A great deal of which he used to help others with builds and such for a class that has now let him down enough he feels he has to quit it. Sure it’s just a game, but it’s also time and money.

Having spent 2331 hours playing myself, my main being a guardian (1498 hours) with a legendary.. if this (what happened to ranger) is what became of my main class, I’d be pretty kitten annoyed too. Luckily for me I’ve only put in 430 hours on my ranger.

I will in WvW on my Guardian. 10g a duel, or my last offer of 100g?

Renno – Stonegard – Aece

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

It’s just a game.

Free game? No. Period.

How old are you?

lol.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Ranger

Posted by: Pendleton.6385

Pendleton.6385

There is really no such thing as a WoW killer.

Gw2 did release probably a bit earlier but the way its designed it would never approach WoW numbers in the first place.

It does have the advantage of being Buy 2 Play though, which got rid of the need to changed to a f2p option later on (And it would have…This game would of lost a crap ton of subscribers just like every other MMO, It’d be close to what SWTOR is experiencing right now)

I completely agree with this.

Will miss your videos, Xsorus. Sad to see you go. I think a lot of others are doing the same. I probably will as well. The lack of a subscription fee is the only thing that’s kept me on this long. I will probably do other things until NWN and/or ESO.

I probably won’t level an alt. I don’t have a lot of time and, in my opinion, I don’t think GW2 has a large emersion factor to it. I don’t want to go through everything again.

Tarnished Coast
~ Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Sorry to see you go. With a main of every class it’s a bit different for me, but I keep coming back to ranger and playing it in wvw, not because it is easy mode like thief, but because it’s hard.

Sadly, character bound traits in wvw mean that if I want to switch around I’ll never get the ones I want on the toons I want them on, so now we’re being forced to choose ONE class as a main – I’d like to play ranger but don’t really feel like it would be a good investment of my time given it’s been 7 months and every patch just nerfs it more.

Maybe one day they will fix the many things wrong with the classes- many of which stem from their stubborn blind insistence on only having one set of skills to cover everything, rather than be like GW1 and have ‘pvp versions’ of skills, which means they are forever nerfing things which might be OP in pve against stationary targets but are ESSENTIAL for viable builds in wvw.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

You can zerg surf on Ranger still if you really wanted to…It’s not as good as say a thief with shortbow (seriously, just fire off 3 poison fields and rake in the XP) but you can still get some World XP doing it…

Not that the ranks are worth anything…or signify anything

in Ranger

Posted by: tolkien.6317

tolkien.6317

Good grief, I just want to know why no matter what game I play I choose the class having the most issues and getting the least justice from devs!