Can Ranger have Mecha Devourer Pet in HoT?

in Ranger

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Title. Would love to have a little mecha devourer to run around with me, and from an RP point of view, it would be great, because my Ranger is an Iron Legion Charr. Would love it if he built his own pet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

I’m completely in, but with one caveat:

Ranged power stats pretty please?

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)

in Ranger

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

I’m completely in, but with one caveat:

Ranged power stats pretty please?

Yes please. The fact there are no ranged power pets bugs me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

In that case…

Plays a special diddy on his Longbow Clarinet

Now, for real devourer power!

SOURCE

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Yes please. The fact there are no ranged power pets bugs me.

Devourers used to be the ranged power pet, spiders the ranged condition pet. Then for some reason they nerfed devourers and now spiders are always better, which kinda defeats the point of even having devourers in the game.

Unless it’s been changed (fixed), if you take a devourer underwater it still has its original rate of fire. Gives you a taste of what they were like on land.

in Ranger

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

Yes! This!

I saw the mecha devourer in SW and was like “I need this!”

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I can already see it…

Attachments:

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I can already see it…

Actually, mecha devourer would imply that it was built. It would make more sense to call it a prototype mecha devourer and have the rangers bring in parts to an NPC that will build or alter the devourer in some way.

Who knows, it may become a precedent where rangers will get pets with customizable stats and/or pet skills. Example: bring in a bunch of targeting crystals to improve precision or armored crystals to improve toughness or even replace the mortar tail which causes a ground targeted AoE attack with a flamethrower tail that with a 600 range 120 degree cone of burning.

(edited by DanteZero.9736)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kehlian.4380

Kehlian.4380

I can already see it…

Actually, mecha devourer would imply that it was built. It would make more sense to call it a prototype mecha devourer and have the rangers bring in parts to an NPC that will build or alter the devourer in some way.

Who knows, it may become a precedent where rangers will get pets with customizable stats and/or pet skills. Example: bring in a bunch of targeting crystals to improve precision or armored crystals to improve toughness or even replace the mortar tail which causes a ground targeted AoE attack with a flamethrower tail that causes a 600 range 120 degree cone of burning.

As a prototype, that would explain the aweful game AI