Can someone explain how GotL update works?

in Ranger

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

Hi,

I read from patchnotes that Druid trait Grace of the Land (GotL) affects now up to 10 people.

Here is what they said in the patchnotes: “Grace of the Land: Damage per stack of this trait has been reduced from 3 to 2. The number of targets affected by this trait has been increased from 5 to 10.”

I dont understand at all what this means. Can somebody give me a example case and explain it in a way that leaves no questions to be asked?

This is how I understand it:

If 10 people are stacked in same spot and all need healing and the druid heals them with a skill, lets say: Seed of Life , the druid still only heals 5 people and only 5 people would get GotL bonus.

If same 10 wounded people are stacked again and this time druid heals them with Rejuvenating Tides the heal will pulse 5 times and every time it pulses it will heal 5 people and give 1 stack of GotL to people it healed.

What is the case where you can affect 10 targets with GotL? Is there a skill that can heal 10 people at same time? Did the target limit increase do nothing?

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Interesting question, but I would think the damage buff is fully separated from the effects of the acutal skill used, other than the fact you need to be within range of said skill.

You don’t even have to actually heal anyone with skills for the buff to apply, you can simply take advantage of your CA-skills and glyphs to apply damage buffs to people around you (I use it often even when no healing is necessary just for that purpose).

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

You give the buff no matter what to 10 ppl. The nr 5 skill: natural convergance, also gives the buff now. You just stand there doing aoe damage/slow on enemies, and per tick your allies get GoTL. If any aoe heal hits a person, even if he’s full hp, he gets GoTL btw. Maybe that’s why you are confused? But since the damage only skill just buffs, i think the heals work the same. the people not healed will still get buff.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Ranger

Coinhead.7591

Let me ask it like this:

Question 1: I use “Seed of Life” on stack of 10 people, do all 10 people get a GotL stack? Even though Seed of Life only targets 5 people?

Question 2: If I use Rejuvenating Tides on stack of 10 people, do all 10 people get 5 stacks of GotL? Even though Rejuvenating Tides only affects 5 people?

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Let me ask it like this:

Question 1: I use “Seed of Life” on stack of 10 people, do all 10 people get a GotL stack? Even though Seed of Life only targets 5 people?

Question 2: If I use Rejuvenating Tides on stack of 10 people, do all 10 people get 5 stacks of GotL? Even though Rejuvenating Tides only affects 5 people?

Yes to both (at least that’s how it should work to the best of my understanding, haven’t tested it post patch).

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

@ coinhead, i thought it would be obvious by my post, but not. YES they get GoTL independent from the heal functions of any skill. And since it’s 10 now (confirmed, in 5 man team, all + pets get it), so 7+ targets), yes the whole raid would get it, EVEN if not everyone was healed (5 target cap).

I repeat Natural convergenge has NO interraction with players. But patch made it give GoTL and change gotl to 10 targets results, the skill (wich has no ally interaction normally), gave 10 ppl the GoTL buff. And it’s not even a heal/buff skill. If that skill DOES so, then any heal ever, regardless of limits certainly does (and that’s also confirmed with testing btw.)

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Ranger

Coinhead.7591

Nice!

Thank you for answers and testing.