Can't stop playing ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: con.1207

con.1207

Played pretty much all classes at level 80. Ranger with all its faults still gives me the most fun . I switch specs roaming condi .. zerg i go power

Is there something wrong with me?
Considering it’s common knowledge that other classes bring more to the wvw table

in Ranger

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

i main a ranger both in pvp and wvw. the class just doesnt bore me. i tried playing other professions but they dont give me the same fun and excitement that the ranger can give me.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Yep, same thing here. I don’t know what it is about Ranger but it’s just so much more fun to play than other professions. I’ve given every profession a fair try and although I main a Necromancer (because it suits my playstyle and I feel a lot more “comfortable” so to speak playing it) but I always come back to my Ranger every now and again because it just feels fun to play.. Even though I’m really not that great with it, lol.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Yeh same here. I’ve tried other classes but I enjoy the ranger weapon skills the most.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: raoul.4218

raoul.4218

I have agree with everyone here……my ranger is a lot more fun to run than any other class I have tried.

The flaws that have plagued this class from the start have forced players to adapt and become very good at developing a situational awareness in all aspects of the game in order to survive and contribute effectively.

Once you’ve been forced to develop this plays style and become good at it, all other classes become boring to play. Between my ranger and warrior in WvW, I’ll spend 90% of the time on the former. After 5mins of play with my warrior…..I’m bored to tears and have to change to my ranger.

Rangers lead the way!!!!!

Freyja Ernouf
lvl 80 Ranger
JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

Ranger has never been a main, am not terribly good at it, but it’s the one I always come back to esp when bored.
I can’t say what it is that’s so appealing, but the playstyles never get old and the animations are a delight.
It’s fun to call my pets silly names and send them off to their doom.
Gear options are nice, there’s no one set that is overwhelmingly better (unless limiting to specific modes eg speedruns).
Also makes a lovely dressup dolly; medium armours despite (or maybe because of) the lack of variety look awesome combined with greatswords and longbows.

in Ranger

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Same here I like my bearbow.

in Ranger

Posted by: serow.6524

serow.6524

Ranger is fun, what’s there to question?

Current 80s: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Revenant, Necromancer.
Working on: Engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Fun has no connection to being useful.

Unlike some other rangers on this forum, I do actually share the community opinion that rangers arent work picking in GvGs, and never pushed my guild to try make room for me (although I was still played occasionally), but that has no effect on me loving my ranger more than any other class and using by far the most

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s good for running around in open world PvE and dungeons.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Although its not the best any anything (except a niche in single target long distance damage) there is never a moment where you cant do something useful, usually a bunch of options. I think thats where the fun lies, ranger has a little bit of everything.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

I also share the feeling, even though I do enjoy other professions and I tend to play them depending on the situation, the only profession I feel I can go anywhere with and dominate with is my ranger.

Even in organized guilds in WvW, because of using my ranger I enjoy not being forced to be part of the blob. I am free to roam wherever I want and to jump into the fight whenever I want. Because as a ranger I don’t have to be a robot-spamming skills like heals, hammer stuns, lightning fields and the like, I do whatever I want and I actually contribute more like this because I focus on the kills alone.

What about GvG? honestly who cares about that, but if you’ve never tried it before I suggest you jump with greatsword + rampage as one + troll unguent + signet of stone traited and swing away.

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

in Ranger

Posted by: TheCarNinja.9502

TheCarNinja.9502

Although its not the best any anything (except a niche in single target long distance damage) there is never a moment where you cant do something useful, usually a bunch of options. I think thats where the fun lies, ranger has a little bit of everything.

I completely agree. I’ve had my ranger since launch and while I’ve tried most other classes I keep coming back. I’ve got about 5 builds that I rotate through given different situations with mostly different play styles (eg. Zerging/Roaming). I don’t seem to find that with other classes. It’s really a lot of fun!

I’m glad I’m not the only person though who was wondering if there was something wrong with him/herself though… xD

in Ranger

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Class love goes beyond the current performance for many people. If you like a theme you like a theme, and they’d have to break it pretty bad for you to abandon it. bugs and tuning will always change and even if it never changes to the better you still have that love to keep you going.

But it always depends on the type of player. Some only feel at home when a class is strong in the grand scheme of things, and then I can understand leaving certain classes when they aren’t quite as tuned.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

my ranger is eldest of my chars and as I had round over other classes lastly I just don’t understand folks stating that I’d be more usefull in something else :/

lets say such wvw – ok I understand zerg meta etc. but actually I simply don’t care about going so much pro to try to min/max everything – and as I’m taking down in reasonable amount of time camp with ranger – I haven’t yet EVER managed to do same with such f.e. guardian. I’m just dying befoer will kill all the stuff and with same weapon on ranger (greatsword) I can not only take it but also withstand a way longer so common
(yeah yeah in theory I have worse dps on ranger gs than guard gs but numbers are telling everything for themselves – I’ve taken alone innumerable amounts of camps with ranger alone (with no support) while can’t manage to take even one no matter of builds with guardian.

btw. in theory well developped ranger team of 5 outnumbers greatly team of other classes :P (10 hostiles to deal with instead of 5…. :P)

so nice to hear here finally some positive stuff about ranger instead of tears of folks that seems to not like this class same as me.
:)
(PS. and in 75% of situations I WILL be more usefull with my ranger than with any other my toon)

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Ranger

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

As much as I want to agree…..
After playing Ranger since day one, I got tired of all the constant nerfs and totally lack of Dev understanding, I leveled a Warrior (in a hundredth of the time). The difference was amazing. The Warrior has constant instant access to many forms of swiftness and you get Fury or Might most of the time too. All the weapons work. The class mechanic works. Everything just simply flows perfectly. Everyone seems glad to see me show up. I know, it’s soooooooo strange!
I love my Ranger and will always play it, but do yourself a favor and try a different class or two. You’ll be suprized, or absolutely stunned like me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Yeah, totally agree. Started with ranger as main and kept it that way. I’ve leveled everything except necro and thief (working on mes now) for fun, but enjoy ranger the most. No comparison.

Laugh, I carry 4 sets of Armor to switch builds whenever I feel the need for a change. Celestial, Carrion, PVT, and Apothecary. Seriously, there is no problem facing any content the devs can throw at us. We have so many options.

Sure warriors are smooth to play but we have so much more style for crying out loud! With pets, spirits, traps, bows, swords, and limitless evasion… Ah, nothing compares…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

in Ranger

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Sure warriors are smooth to play but we have so much more style for crying out loud! With pets, spirits, traps, bows, swords, and limitless evasion… Ah, nothing compares…

What would a thief reply? 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, Stealth
But yeah, rangers are somewhat fun. As long as you don’t look for PuG groups.